Author Topic: Avengers Endgame: Reaction thread (expect spoilers)  (Read 21100 times)

Avengers Endgame: Reaction thread (expect spoilers)
« on: April 02, 2019, 03:53:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I dont think it will topple Avatar but should do even better(box office) than Infinity War

Already got my ticket (3D Imax). Who else is planning to see??

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 07:04:35 AM by Roy H. »

Re: Avengers Endgame tickets on sale. Likely biggest movie of 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 03:59:14 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
i say it might be the #1 movie of all time
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 04:03:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

It would need to topple Avatar, Titanic and Star Wars

Its not going to be easy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 04:04:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

It would need to topple Avatar, Titanic and Star Wars

Its not going to be easy

I think the forgiven markets are bigger now so it has a chance....

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 04:12:26 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm hoping to go see it. It looks like it will be an awesome spectacle, and I'm a total Avengers junkie.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 04:14:40 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I hope Hulk gets his groove back.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 04:15:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I hope Hulk gets his groove back.

Hopefully

Somebody has to stop that psycho Thanos

Re: Avengers Endgame: Reaction thread (expect spoilers)
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 07:41:19 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
*** SPOILERS ***

Who saw this last night?  I live in a very small city, and we had at least seven sold out showings.  I've never seen anything like that around here.  I expect that the ticket sales for this opening weekend are going to be massive, even moreso than most true blockbusters.

As far as the movie itself, I loved it.  It's always bittersweet seeing iconic characters die or move on, but they handled that extremely well, I thought.  Cap got a happy ending; Thor got some closure and passed the torch (or hammer, it seems) and is hanging with the Guardians; Tony made the noble sacrifice of a hero.  As for Black Widow, doesn't she have a movie coming up?  So, I expect she'll be back, either because Banner / Hulk used the infinity stones for that purpose, or because Cap restored the soul stone to the original timeline.  But, who knows?  It could be a prequel, it could be a different timeline, etc.

Anyway, the emotional moments were great.  The action was great.  They did a good job using humor at appropriate times.  Seeing Thanos as a complete bad ass was amazing.  I thought the "girl power" moment was pandering, but it was brief, and I was glad that it was Tony that ultimately defeated Thanos, rather than Captain Marvel. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 09:21:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
*** SPOILERS ***

Who saw this last night?  I live in a very small city, and we had at least seven sold out showings.  I've never seen anything like that around here.  I expect that the ticket sales for this opening weekend are going to be massive, even moreso than most true blockbusters.

As far as the movie itself, I loved it.  It's always bittersweet seeing iconic characters die or move on, but they handled that extremely well, I thought.  Cap got a happy ending; Thor got some closure and passed the torch (or hammer, it seems) and is hanging with the Guardians; Tony made the noble sacrifice of a hero.  As for Black Widow, doesn't she have a movie coming up?  So, I expect she'll be back, either because Banner / Hulk used the infinity stones for that purpose, or because Cap restored the soul stone to the original timeline.  But, who knows?  It could be a prequel, it could be a different timeline, etc.

Anyway, the emotional moments were great.  The action was great.  They did a good job using humor at appropriate times.  Seeing Thanos as a complete bad ass was amazing.  I thought the "girl power" moment was pandering, but it was brief, and I was glad that it was Tony that ultimately defeated Thanos, rather than Captain Marvel. 

Good write up

Good movie

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 10:32:21 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
*** SPOILERS ***

Yeah, I saw it in my local theater in Waltham last night.  There were 3 showings.  The concession lines were backed up all the way to the street outside the theater.  Amazing movie.  Good ending for the heroes that passed.  The humor was great, and not forced, unlike the recent Star Wars movies. 

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 11:59:57 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I’ve had tickets to see it in IMAX 3D tomorrow at 11am, but decided to try to see it sooner. I took my son and we were able to get tickets to a show last night. I was hoping it would not be another Star Wars: The Last Jedi type of movie, where aspects were so ridiculous that it almost becomes a parody of itself. Sadly, it went even further with time travel throughout the movie. That was literally the one thing I was hoping not to see, as it is a lame excuse to undo what occurred before. I don’t want to spoil anything else, so I’ll leave it at that.

3.25 out of 5 stars.

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 12:45:41 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I dug it.  It's a marathon of a movie.  Kinda like "LOTR:  Return of the King" level exhausting... but pretty sweet. 

Some nerds on reddit were complaining about the rules of timetravel in the movie... but it all pretty much makes sense.  It's a comicbook movie, afterall.  Timey Wimey nonsense is typical.

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 01:16:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
At the AMC in Danvers, out of 24 theatres, 20 were dedicated to showing Avengers: Endgame. I think I read that the movie was opening simultaneously in China, which never happens, so the Thursday to Sunday global take might break $1 billion. That has never happened before.

As for the movie, it started slow but built up incredibly. The theater was completely silent except for some sobs where Black Widow and Iron man died. But the big return of all the heroes coming back for the final fight had the theater cheering out loud.

Strangely, when it ended, I got up because I knew there was no post credit scenes, but everyone stayed. I went to the bathroom and in there heard people complaining about the lack of a post credit scene. Three hour movie and people still wanted that post credit scene.

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 01:21:12 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
At the AMC in Danvers, out of 24 theatres, 20 were dedicated to showing Avengers: Endgame. I think I read that the movie was opening simultaneously in China, which never happens, so the Thursday to Sunday global take might break $1 billion. That has never happened before.

As for the movie, it started slow but built up incredibly. The theater was completely silent except for some sobs where Black Widow and Iron man died. But the big return of all the heroes coming back for the final fight had the theater cheering out loud.

Strangely, when it ended, I got up because I knew there was no post credit scenes, but everyone stayed. I went to the bathroom and in there heard people complaining about the lack of a post credit scene. Three hour movie and people still wanted that post credit scene.

I'm pretty sure it opened last week in China.

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 01:28:45 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
epic series with an epic end.

I loved it and will probably watch it like 5 times a year.

I thought infinity war was awsome, but this one really rocked

a bunch of comic moments, bunch of plot twists...the movie has it all

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger