Author Topic: The Snyder Cut  (Read 8867 times)

The Snyder Cut
« on: November 18, 2019, 01:37:35 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  Looks like the Snyder Cut DOES exist ( I’m being snarky) and will be released. No announcement but I think Snyder is gonna end up getting almost everything he wants in the end. So glad to see the way everything went down with WB. Bravo to the fans.

Re: The Snyder Cut
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 02:26:54 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Even the stars of Justice League are going to social media and joining in.

We HAVE to see this! I think there's enough demand for Warner Bros to release.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 02:49:28 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
People think the man who thought batman should machinegun down goons had a "better" cut?  :o

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 02:56:19 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Why are people so excited about this? I say this as someone who thought the original Justice League was...fine. Not great, didn't feel like a waste of time. Just a feeling that with a pile that big there's gotta be a pony in there somewhere?

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 02:59:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Why are people so excited about this? I say this as someone who thought the original Justice League was...fine. Not great, didn't feel like a waste of time.
The urge for a conspiracy theory that would explain why the film wasn't awesome is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Especially given the internet fandom of DC comics overlaps a lot with the toxic online culture in video games which has done similar things over other really weird stuff. (FF VII remake, Pokemon, etc)

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 03:03:21 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
People think the man who thought batman should machinegun down goons had a "better" cut?  :o

Absolutely.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 03:06:22 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
Why are people so excited about this? I say this as someone who thought the original Justice League was...fine. Not great, didn't feel like a waste of time. Just a feeling that with a pile that big there's gotta be a pony in there somewhere?

It’s a vocal minority of fans that just appreciate this type of tone. It takes itself more serious. People that want this version I think I can say most hated the theatrical version. It’s a completely different movie if rumors are to be believed.
  Reputable journalists, youtubets, mags mocked fans wanting the release insisting we were ridiculous for even claiming it EXISTED despite posts from people who worked on the movie.

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 03:07:10 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Absolutely.
I am skeptical because the other DC movies that he was involved in weren't any better than what Justice League ended up being.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 03:07:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Outside of perhaps Lord of the Rings movies, has an extended / director’s cut ever made a movie significantly better?

There are probably a few examples, but in general I would assume good movies to have good director’s cuts and mediocre movies to stay mediocre.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 03:10:36 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  BVS and MOS are my two all time favorite movies. BVS has a cult like following. Fans like me have routinely been mocked by rival fans just for enjoying something different.
   I really wanna see this come to fruition for Zach Snyder who gets a ton of hate but never fights in the mud like the dopes from Disney / Lucasfilm calling fans sexist, racist, manbabirs if they don’t like their movie.  Snyder has been through a lot with the tragic loss of his daughter. Nice effort from the fans supporting suicide prevention.

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 03:12:33 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
Outside of perhaps Lord of the Rings movies, has an extended / director’s cut ever made a movie significantly better?

There are probably a few examples, but in general I would assume good movies to have good director’s cuts and mediocre movies to stay mediocre.

Kingdom of Heaven is a huge difference. This one has rumors of a much different story. But those rumors have been mocked. So we’ll see... I hope.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 03:13:04 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  BVS and MOS are my two all time favorite movies. BVS has a cult like following. Fans like me have routinely been mocked by rival fans just for enjoying something different.
It does suck to have things you love mocked. But in the end you just have to develop a thick skin about liking things you like.

I personally think those two movies are very bad and misunderstand what makes Superman and Batman great characters. But you put a Randian in charge of heroic icons like those two and that's what you get.

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 03:14:39 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Kingdom of Heaven is a huge difference. This one has rumors of a much different story. But those rumors have been mocked. So we’ll see... I hope.
I mean I"m sure they have a shot list of what he wanted to do, I'm also reasonably certain it doesn't exist in fact because they wouldn't have done the visual effects or finishing shoots for it.

You could probably release the raws with a bunch of wire work and stand ins in funny suits.

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 03:18:29 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I just want to see a better version of Justice League. Whether or not this is better, we won't find out unless it's released, but I'd certainly want to find out, and won't mind paying for it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 03:22:09 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I just want to see a better version of Justice League. Whether or not this is better, we won't find out unless it's released, but I'd certainly want to find out, and won't mind paying for it.
I can definitely sympathize with that, I'd really love for a better version of that film to come out.

I'm just 100% certain that for me, Synder's ideal version is not it.