Author Topic: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today  (Read 25622 times)

Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today
« on: May 14, 2019, 11:32:14 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Sorry I'm currently out so can't post links via phone right now, but you could just look up the segments/videos on Youtube or Reddit.

I think he's on First Take right now actually.

He talks about the frustrating season, his limited role and not caring about where he goes next in FA. But he seemed to also indicate he wasn't planning on being here long term, which to me is alright. Dude is coming across like he's a superstar PG when he clearly isn't. Even off the bench he was awful against most other teams' benches. Thanks for last year's playoffs, and adios!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 11:35:12 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

He is in watching it.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 11:38:22 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
 ???

Is my only response to him right now. Its understandable as he hasn't gotten his first big contract yet, but man what a negative force that's now selling hard how negative it was to try and explain away his crappy year.

(FWIW his crappy year was pretty close to his career averages)

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 11:39:14 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Rozier is what kyrie was talking about.  If your good enough show it and don’t talk about it.  He had his chance...he and Tatum curled up into a ball and wusses out

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 11:40:19 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Some quotes for ya:

https://twitter.com/bdcceltics/status/1128318761612849152?s=21

On @FirstTake, Terry Rozier expressed little interest in returning to the Celtics if they bring back the same team next year: “I might have to go. I put up with a lot this year, so I said what I said after the season. I think we all know I’m not trying to step into that again.”

https://twitter.com/bdcceltics/status/1128309422269374464?s=21

Terry Rozier on his free agency, on @GetUpESPN: "I'm looking forward to just playing ball. I don't care where I go. Obviously, the Celtics are the only organization I've known for four years, and I love it there."

More Rozier: "I expect for me to get my chance, whether it's with the Celtics or anywhere else. I feel like I can be myself and play my game wherever I go." (Apparently except for this past year in Boston, that is 🙄)

https://twitter.com/bdcceltics/status/1128306624324624384?s=21

Terry Rozier on Kyrie Irving, via ESPN's "Get Up!": "He's a great guy. Great leader. You just have to adjust to his style."

Terry Rozier on ESPN's "Get Up!": "What we'd be talking about in practice is not what we went through in the game. It was like, all right, we're going to keep Kyrie out there and put the other guys out there with him, and we're going to figure it out."

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 11:40:29 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
???

Is my only response to him right now. Its understandable as he hasn't gotten his first big contract yet, but man what a negative force that's now selling hard how negative it was to try and explain away his crappy year.

I've noticed, ever since the playoffs ended, Rozier is like the only one who is openly calling out everyone and bad-mouthing the organization. Wouldn't even surprise me if the "anonymous quoter" to a lot of the Kyrie-hate is coming from Rozier himself  ::)

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 11:43:06 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Some quotes for ya:

https://twitter.com/bdcceltics/status/1128318761612849152?s=21

On @FirstTake, Terry Rozier expressed little interest in returning to the Celtics if they bring back the same team next year: “I might have to go. I put up with a lot this year, so I said what I said after the season. I think we all know I’m not trying to step into that again.”

https://twitter.com/bdcceltics/status/1128309422269374464?s=21

Terry Rozier on his free agency, on @GetUpESPN: "I'm looking forward to just playing ball. I don't care where I go. Obviously, the Celtics are the only organization I've known for four years, and I love it there."

More Rozier: "I expect for me to get my chance, whether it's with the Celtics or anywhere else. I feel like I can be myself and play my game wherever I go." (Apparently except for this past year in Boston, that is 🙄)

https://twitter.com/bdcceltics/status/1128306624324624384?s=21

Terry Rozier on Kyrie Irving, via ESPN's "Get Up!": "He's a great guy. Great leader. You just have to adjust to his style."

Terry Rozier on ESPN's "Get Up!": "What we'd be talking about in practice is not what we went through in the game. It was like, all right, we're going to keep Kyrie out there and put the other guys out there with him, and we're going to figure it out."

TP & Thanks for this!

Yeah I saw you post this in another thread before I created this one. Oops   :P

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 11:45:46 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
???

I've noticed, ever since the playoffs ended, Rozier is like the only one who is openly calling out everyone and bad-mouthing the organization. Wouldn't even surprise me if the "anonymous quoter" to a lot of the Kyrie-hate is coming from Rozier himself  ::)

it's not just him

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 11:46:23 AM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Normally I detest Stephen A and Max, but they kept calling out Terry on his quotes, asking him to elaborate and clarify his comments. Not only did Terry avoid it, he also brought in Tatum and Jaylen as other people who struggled/were frustrated.

Pretty weak from the guy who's "just telling it like it is"

Not sure if these appearances were poor damage control for his comments or trying to sell himself in FA

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 11:47:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
SAS plays a character a lot of the time on TV/Radio, but he knows how to conduct an interview and be a reporter when he wants to.

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 11:47:41 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Rozier certainly isn't doing any favors for his reputation.  That said, I hope people aren't going to isolate him as the main culprit behind the team chemistry issues.  If this were true then shame on the rest of the locker room for not flushing him out quickly.   

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 11:50:16 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Rozier certainly isn't doing any favors for his reputation.  That said, I hope people aren't going to isolate him as the main culprit behind the team chemistry issues.  If this were true then shame on the rest of the locker room for not flushing him out quickly.

you are correct, he certainly is not

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 11:52:56 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Oh he clearly isn't the only one to blame.

He is definitely the only one giving a national TV interview saying: "Here is exactly how I was toxic and my teammates took opportunities for me to continue to shoot sub 40% even MORE often"

Hayward/Tatum/Brown were also frustrated with not getting the ball/shots they wanted. Only Kyrie/Al ate as much as they wanted.

Makes me love Smart even more, he went out of his way to shoot less because he knew the team needed it. One of the big reasons his 3PT % was better.

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 11:53:14 AM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Sorry I'm currently out so can't post links via phone right now, but you could just look up the segments/videos on Youtube or Reddit.

I think he's on First Take right now actually.

He talks about the frustrating season, his limited role and not caring about where he goes next in FA. But he seemed to also indicate he wasn't planning on being here long term, which to me is alright. Dude is coming across like he's a superstar PG when he clearly isn't. Even off the bench he was awful against most other teams' benches. Thanks for last year's playoffs, and adios!

I saw that and he didn't come across like that at all, and the fact you guys keep throwing nonsense his way after Kyrie alone killed this team says alot about yall.

And notice how many interviews he's getting, and notice how many people take to the guy and like him.

You guys are blind, man.  Completely ...from all the Kyrie-jockin

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 12:00:19 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Rozier is what kyrie was talking about.  If your good enough show it and don’t talk about it.  He had his chance...he and Tatum curled up into a ball and wusses out

No, throwing up shots that barely catch the rim while the other teams smother you with bodies, and you're too dumb to pass the [dang] ball 4 games in a row to end everone's season is being a wuss.

A very hard-headed one at that...who also is dumb enough to say he was taught and knows science, but stupid enough to reject it to the media.