Author Topic: Celtics draft workouts thread  (Read 144682 times)

Re: Celtics draft workouts thread
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2016, 08:11:41 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
We need to draft Derrick Jones jr
any suggestion as to why and where in the draft the celtics should do this? thanks.

lol Hwang you crack me up haha
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2016, 05:44:26 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
A workout with Dragan Bender has been scheduled sometime after his Israeli season ends. This should be sometime in June.  The doc has been updated.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2016, 02:01:38 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
We got a workout with Jaylen Brown next week.  Updated doc in my sig
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2016, 02:59:00 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Thanks for the update!

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2016, 03:12:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

When is Sabonis coming in a for a workout?

Actually when is he going to start period. 

I hope his agent knows what he is doing

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2016, 03:25:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Maybe he already has a promise from a team with an amazing coach and a huge need for a center  ;)

« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2016, 03:32:06 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

Maybe he already has a promise from a team with an amazing coach and a huge need for a center  ;)
I haven't seen any reports yet of him working out for us.  Maybe he already did, but it hasn't been reported anywhere.

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2016, 05:08:59 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Is it just me or does it look like Boston is only working out second rounder’s with the two exceptions being Brown and Bender?    Makes me think they’ll be trying to trade #16 and 23.  Could be they go bender #3 and trade back into the lottery with #s 16 and 23 and take Brown.   

« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2016, 12:16:12 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Is it just me or does it look like Boston is only working out second rounder’s with the two exceptions being Brown and Bender?    Makes me think they’ll be trying to trade #16 and 23.  Could be they go bender #3 and trade back into the lottery with #s 16 and 23 and take Brown.   

I'd be ok with Bender+Brown take away from this year's draft.

« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2016, 12:30:19 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

I was just thinking the list looked weird too. Danny did say something about just about every guy from 1 to 60 will get a workout though..

Many Euro guys are still playing (anadolu efes won game 3 on saturday to advance to finals of Turkish league - Korkmaz quiet with only handful of minutes and 3 points. EDIT: Efes beat a team called Darussafaka Dogus for whom Semih Erden lead all scorers with 23, and got a handy contribution from.....Luke Harangody), and mid-first dudes might be choosy about going to teams where they will get a chance.. Like to think Davis, Valentine, Jones, Chriss, Brice J will get a decent look. And maybe Poetl or Sabonis drops to 16.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 12:40:14 AM by trickybilly »
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2016, 12:34:00 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

I was just thinking the list looked weird too. Danny did say something about just about every guy from 1 to 60 will get a workout though..

Many Euro guys are still playing, and mid-first dudes might be choosy about going to teams where they will get a chance.. Like to think Davis, Valentine, Jones, Chriss, Brice J will get a decent look. And maybe Poetl or Sabonis drops to 16.

I think there are also workouts happening that we dont know about too. Like, they arent being reported or leaked by people. We might hear about them maybe weeks after they've already worked out.

(unless im not looking in the right places lol)

« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2016, 12:59:11 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I thought it was funny that Brown is working out with each top 10 lottery team except the Kings.
He doesn't have an agent and is mentored by Isiah Thomas (Detroit lwgend) and Shareef Abdul Raheem. So it's either them or the kid himself who have decided to boycott the Kings lol.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2016, 01:02:28 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I thought it was funny that Brown is working out with each top 10 lottery team except the Kings.

...and apparently for us today.

https://twitter.com/Murf56/status/738040969862467584

Jaylen Brown reportedly part of this morning's Celtics workout. Uber-athletic Cal swingman will be in consideration with the No. 3 pick.

and this:

The guy is a beast. Doesn't settle for outside shots. He's strong in traffic and gets to the hole while taking damage.
0 retweets 0 likes

« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2016, 01:06:30 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
He doesn't have an agent and is mentored by Isiah Thomas (Detroit lwgend) and Shareef Abdul Raheem. So it's either them or the kid himself who have decided to boycott the Kings lol.

Not only did Shareef finish his career with the Kings, but he was a member of their front office as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shareef_Abdur-Rahim#Sacramento_Kings

On October 7, 2010 Abdur-Rahim was hired to be the assistant general manager for the Sacramento Kings. He later became the team's director of player personnel, a position he held in 2014 after new ownership had taken over in 2013.[17] Abdur-Rahim left the team in September 2014.[18] League sources would later report his departure occurred after the 2014 NBA Draft, where Abdur-Rahim had arguments with coach Mike Malone and general manager Pete D'Alessandro.[19]
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2016, 01:28:59 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

...and apparently for us today.

Jaylen Brown reportedly part of this morning's Celtics workout. Uber-athletic Cal swingman will be in consideration with the No. 3 pick.

and this:

The guy is a beast. Doesn't settle for outside shots. He's strong in traffic and gets to the hole while taking damage.
0 retweets 0 likes

Yep, he's working out for us today.

But I have to disagree with the bold. He doesn't take outside shots because he's absolutely a horrible shooter. And he's reckless at times when driving to the rim. Doesn't have a ton of bball IQ from what I've seen. Seems like an athlete, not exactly a basketball player.

Personally not a fan.