Author Topic: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)  (Read 370112 times)

Re: All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)
« Reply #2055 on: November 25, 2019, 10:09:19 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Wow, looks like the first scoreless outing of Embiid's career.

31 mins, 0-11 from the field, 0-4 from 3, and 0-3 from the line.

Wow when was the last time you saw an 0-for line for a all star who played 30+ minutes?

« Reply #2056 on: November 25, 2019, 10:14:10 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Wow when was the last time you saw an 0-for line for a all star who played 30+ minutes?
None
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2057 on: November 25, 2019, 10:14:22 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Raptors are much better than I thought they'd be this year. Siakam is legit!
And Van Jordan!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2058 on: November 25, 2019, 10:18:17 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Seriously, no Kawhi and the Sixers still can't beat the Raps?

What happened to Horford making the Sixers the team to beat in the east?

« Reply #2059 on: November 25, 2019, 11:02:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

And Van Jordan!
Yeah, for sure. He's basically averaging the same numbers Lowry did 5 years ago (similar questions about efficiency, but hey, an 18/7 guy is good regardless) and Lowry, as much as it pains me to admit it, is killing it too. Ibaka is tearing it up off the bench, and guys like Powell and RHJ are solid off the bench.

Wish we could have snagged RHJ to be honest. Always liked him
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2060 on: November 26, 2019, 03:21:16 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

And Van Jordan!
Yeah, for sure. He's basically averaging the same numbers Lowry did 5 years ago (similar questions about efficiency, but hey, an 18/7 guy is good regardless) and Lowry, as much as it pains me to admit it, is killing it too. Ibaka is tearing it up off the bench, and guys like Powell and RHJ are solid off the bench.

Wish we could have snagged RHJ to be honest. Always liked him
Yeah I wish we could've gotten RHJ, good defensive combo forward. And Van Jordan's efficiency isn't as bad as his FG% would suggest, his TS% is alright.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2061 on: November 29, 2019, 08:03:36 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
76ers again down double digits to Knicks. I bet on them to win game, but where are these bizarre takes that they don’t have struggles coming from?

« Reply #2062 on: November 30, 2019, 03:07:43 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
76ers again down double digits to Knicks. I bet on them to win game, but where are these bizarre takes that they don’t have struggles coming from?
good comeback win. Did you win big money?

« Reply #2063 on: November 30, 2019, 07:55:47 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
You mean in a game they were down 2 starters and won over 3 quarters (they were down 14, 8 minutes into the game).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2064 on: November 30, 2019, 10:00:24 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
good comeback win. Did you win big money?

Medium money lol? It is one of favorite situations to go for anheavy favorite down in the first half :)

« Reply #2065 on: November 30, 2019, 10:01:03 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
You mean in a game they were down 2 starters and won over 3 quarters (they were down 14, 8 minutes into the game).

What is this new winning quarters thing you are doing? Is it replacing the real plus minus?

They won the second quarter by one point when Kork hit a layup at buzzer. Did that shot change the quarter from New York outplaying philly to philly outplaying the Knicks? A less bizarre way to talk about it would be that the Knicks outplayed them in the first half and philly outplayed them in the second. (Perhaps some of this is the Knicks being happy to lose)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 11:36:21 AM by celticsclay »

« Reply #2066 on: November 30, 2019, 11:30:24 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

What is this new winning quarters thing you are doing? Is it replacing the real plus minus?

They won the second quarter by one point when Kork hit a layup at buzzer. Did that shot change the quarter from New York outplaying philly to philly outplaying the Knicks? A less bizarre way to talk about it would be that the Knicks outplayed them in the first half and philly outplayed them in the second. (Perhaps some of this is the Knicks being happy to lose)
Philly was the better team for over 3 quarters in the game.  They got off to a slow start and were down 14 points, 8 minutes into the game.  They were missing 2 starters.  Some times that happens.  I, however, wasn't the one that came in here writing about their demise and claiming they were struggling.  They struggled for 8 minutes.  That is it. 

Beat the Pacers tonight still without Richardson (though Horford was back).  Now at 14-6 on the season.  If they really are struggling and are 14-6, the entire league is in trouble.

« Reply #2067 on: November 30, 2019, 11:44:36 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Philly was the better team for over 3 quarters in the game.  They got off to a slow start and were down 14 points, 8 minutes into the game.  They were missing 2 starters.  Some times that happens.  I, however, wasn't the one that came in here writing about their demise and claiming they were struggling.  They struggled for 8 minutes.  That is it. 

Beat the Pacers tonight still without Richardson (though Horford was back).  Now at 14-6 on the season.  If they really are struggling and are 14-6, the entire league is in trouble.

I saw the last 5 minutes of that Pacers-Sixers game.

The Pacers lost because of turnovers.

Here:
13.9      T.J. Warren bad pass (Ben Simmons steals)   114 - 113
7.9      Jeremy Lamb bad pass (Ben Simmons steals)   114 - 115

Sixers were leading by 1 then Warren made that bad pass that resulted in a Toby dunk.

After a timeout, Lamb couldn't inbound the ball and he threw it away.

I think saying the Sixers are struggling is subjective.
But before the season started, when they got Hoford, according to some analysts the Sixers will be the #1 team in the east and will most likely face the Lakers in the finals.
So if the Sixers aren't even top 3 in the east, you could say that they're struggling.

« Reply #2068 on: December 01, 2019, 08:54:56 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Here:

Sixers were leading by 1 then Warren made that bad pass that resulted in a Toby dunk.

But before the season started, when they got Hoford, according to some analysts the Sixers will be the #1 team in the east and will most likely face the Lakers in the finals.
So if the Sixers aren't even top 3 in the east, you could say that they're struggling.
Almost no one projected them as the top seed.  Saying they will win the East is not the same thing as saying they will be the top seed.  The general consensus was in fact they would not be the #1 seed given in a large part to Embiid's projected time missed.  And the Bucks were by and large the team projected to actually win the East along with getting the top seed.

14-6 is a 57.4 win pace or more than Vegas and the experts projected them at.  They haven't lost at home yet and have already done a 4 game Western trip.  4 of the next 5 are at home and the road game is Washington.  They are then at Boston.  Then have 4 of the 5 after that at home before going to Detroit before the home game with the Bucks on Christmas.  They could pretty reasonably go 10-3 over that stretch, which puts them ahead of their current win pace.  Schedule gets more difficult after that for them. 

« Reply #2069 on: December 01, 2019, 09:33:33 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Here:

Almost no one projected them as the top seed.  Saying they will win the East is not the same thing as saying they will be the top seed.  The general consensus was in fact they would not be the #1 seed given in a large part to Embiid's projected time missed.  And the Bucks were by and large the team projected to actually win the East along with getting the top seed.

14-6 is a 57.4 win pace or more than Vegas and the experts projected them at.  They haven't lost at home yet and have already done a 4 game Western trip.  4 of the next 5 are at home and the road game is Washington.  They are then at Boston.  Then have 4 of the 5 after that at home before going to Detroit before the home game with the Bucks on Christmas.  They could pretty reasonably go 10-3 over that stretch, which puts them ahead of their current win pace.  Schedule gets more difficult after that for them.

We'll see what happens in January and February.

That's usually the time teams gets fatigued or banged up.

But right now the Sixers are a flawed team.
Too much size and no speed.