Author Topic: Timberwolves looking to trade #7? (Not verified)  (Read 21470 times)

Re: Timberwolves looking to trade #7? (Not verified)
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2017, 03:51:55 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I'd like to see them draft Isaac. A defensive combo forward who can shoot would be a nice addition to their roster.
I'd like to see them us draft Isaac. A defensive combo forward who can shoot would be a nice addition to their our roster.

FIFY 8)

Isaac would be a perfect fit for us next to Horford.

- long
- athletic
- good rebounder
- protects the rim
- defends the perimeter
- shoots the three
- plays off-ball on offense

That's exactly what we need at the PF position.
Is he a good rebounder?

Does it matter?

Teaming the Isaac of 3-4 years from now with the Horford of today would be great. Quantum physics won't allow that though.

By the time Isaac is ready to contribute substantially, Horford may have grey hair.

Watched FSU a lot this year, and Isaac disappeared far too often and constantly deferred to the vets on that team, like Bacon.

Upside? Huge.........but at least 3 years away.....great for the future if that is the plan, but can't expect him to help Horford in Horford's declining prime.

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2017, 03:51:56 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
According to rumors, the Wolves may be willing to trade Rubio to the Knicks for Courtney Lee.

A name to watch in all of this is New York’s Courtney Lee. There has been talk that the Wolves and Knicks could get together on a Lee for Ricky Rubio swap. It’s unclear if the Wolves would include the seventh pick in a deal, but the Wolves seem ready to move on from Rubio and the Knicks continue to be the team mentioned as a likely destination.
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-teams-seem-open-to-trading-their-picks/

If that's the case, IT would be a good fit for the Wolves next to Lee.

Do you guys see the Wolves having any interest in trading the 7th pick for IT? I mean, if they need some veteran leadership, can they find a better veteran leader than IT?

More importantly, do you see the C's be willing to trade IT for the 7th pick?

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 03:54:07 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

No way

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 03:54:19 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
According to rumors, the Wolves may be willing to trade Rubio to the Knicks for Courtney Lee.

A name to watch in all of this is New York’s Courtney Lee. There has been talk that the Wolves and Knicks could get together on a Lee for Ricky Rubio swap. It’s unclear if the Wolves would include the seventh pick in a deal, but the Wolves seem ready to move on from Rubio and the Knicks continue to be the team mentioned as a likely destination.
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-teams-seem-open-to-trading-their-picks/

Do you guys see the Wolves having any interest in trading the 7th pick for IT? I mean, if they need some veteran leadership, can they find a better veteran leader than IT?

How attractive will Boston be to ANY free agent this year if you trade IT????????

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2017, 03:58:33 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
I'd like to see them draft Isaac. A defensive combo forward who can shoot would be a nice addition to their roster.
I'd like to see them us draft Isaac. A defensive combo forward who can shoot would be a nice addition to their our roster.

FIFY 8)

- long
- athletic
- good rebounder
- protects the rim
- defends the perimeter
- shoots the three

Is he a good rebounder?

Does it matter?

Teaming the Isaac of 3-4 years from now with the Horford of today would be great. Quantum physics won't allow that though.

By the time Isaac is ready to contribute substantially, Horford may have grey hair.

Watched FSU a lot this year, and Isaac disappeared far too often and constantly deferred to the vets on that team, like Bacon.

Upside? Huge.........but at least 3 years away.....great for the future if that is the plan, but can't expect him to help Horford in Horford's declining prime.
That's not necessarily a bad thing for us. I mean, he would be a very effective off-ball player on our offense.   

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2017, 04:02:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

No way
Agree 100%. Not a chance in the world.

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2017, 04:04:45 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

No way

TP, Pretty clear to me too, hodgy.

I don't get all this trade IT crap.......blows my head!!!

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

FIFY 8)

- long
- athletic
- good rebounder
- protects the rim
- defends the perimeter
- shoots the three

Is he a good rebounder?

Does it matter?

That's not necessarily a bad thing for us. I mean, he would be a very effective off-ball player on our offense.

Maybe....in 3 years....did you watch him in games this year? Looked lost.....a lot.

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2017, 04:06:03 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

How attractive will Boston be to ANY free agent this year if you trade IT????????
not very.

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2017, 04:06:45 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

FIFY 8)

- long
- athletic
- good rebounder
- protects the rim
- defends the perimeter
- shoots the three

Is he a good rebounder?

Does it matter?

Maybe....in 3 years....did you watch him in games this year? Looked lost.....a lot.
I thought he looked quite good defensively and thats all hed need to get minutes.

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

All I care about in free agency is Hayward. I bet Danny-CBS have already talked to him and they have a pretty good idea of what's going to happen. If Hayward is a done deal (that's a big if), I can definitely see us trading IT and then signing Hayward.

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2017, 04:09:37 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I was listening to NBA radio, and on their XM sports update, the announcer listed league sources as saying Timberwolves are looking to move #7 for a win now veteran in the right move.

I have no link, and I will try to update. I have found no sources to verify this online, so I apologize for that. But they clearly said the above on XM Nba radio at 1232.

So I apologize for no sources, but this could be interesting if this is the route we go with Bradley. Thoughts?
#7 for one year rental of Bradley? Seems far-fetched. I'd rather give them Crowder and try to sign Hayward.

I agree about Bradley. I'm just not sure Crowder is a good enough player for them to give up the #7.

#7>Crowder for Wolves
Crowder>#7 for Celtics

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2017, 04:12:33 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

FIFY 8)

- long
- athletic
- good rebounder
- protects the rim
- defends the perimeter
- shoots the three

Is he a good rebounder?

Does it matter?

I thought he looked quite good defensively and thats all hed need to get minutes.
This.

Defense, rebs and making the open shots. He is capable of doing these things from day 1.

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2017, 04:13:17 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

No way

TP, Pretty clear to me too, hodgy.

I don't get all this trade IT crap.......blows my head!!!

TP back at you brother. I just don't get it - trade our BEST player for a #7 pick that could be a bust and at best is what 2-3 years away?

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2017, 04:15:11 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

All I care about in free agency is Hayward. I bet Danny-CBS have already talked to him and they have a pretty good idea of what's going to happen. If Hayward is a done deal (that's a big if), I can definitely see us trading IT and then signing Hayward.

I agree about Hayward as the #1 target and that we most likely know if he's coming.

I couldn't disagree more about Hayward being willing to play here without IT.

That makes LESS than zero sense to me.