Author Topic: Dragan Bender Sports Science  (Read 10135 times)

Re: Dragan Bender Sports Science
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 04:16:02 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
He has a zero mid range game. No post game.

Good thing he isn't playing 20 years ago. His lack of a midrange could be viewed as high bball iq. The least effective shot is the mid range jumper. The fact that he has a floater for the midrange shouldn't be ignored. And do you really think if someone said to take a mid range shot he would struggle?

Honestly how many great post scorers have come along recently? Okafor. Look how his first year worked out. He's a dinosaur. Also bender while not polished at all has a minor hook in close range which should atleast be average due to his high skill level and bball iq. He's 18.....let's not forget that.

Worst case scenario he is a good spot up shooter, an amazing passer for his size, a great rim runner, and the definition of a modern nba defender.

Seriously?

His scouting report will be easy. Either lookout for the 3 pt shot or prevent the drive in

I dont mean a guy just having  mid range or post game but being well rounded.

And i disagree. The mid range game is still a part of todays game. Especially when you need a crucial bucket to stop the bleeding

I'm just curious as to why you think a triple threat from the 3pt line wouldn't be able to develop a mid range game? It's not like the bucket is further away from the hoop. He's spent most of his career to this point priming himself to be the exact mold of the modern nba. If brad really wants him to focus all his energy on developing a mid range j he has the work ethic and attitude to do that.

Also the scouting report would have another element, passing. Other than dunn or simmons he is right at the top of this class in passing. He's also insanely young.

#JKJB

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 04:42:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
People say he's skinny and looks brittle. But he's very young, and it isn't like he has bad work ethic like someone like James Young, who just hasn't put forth the time and effort into becoming better. Bender has never been questioned for his lackadaisical work ethic, so him being skinny and weak is merely just a issue that could be resolved in 1-2 years of dietary supplements, power lifting, and bulking.

His frame leaves room to be desired, but I think for what he'll make up in strength, he'll make up in finesse and shooting touch to create more offensive opportunities for him.

Agreed with the user above; Bender is known mainly for his shooting and passing. Versatility in today's NBA is very vital, but not every team should try to aim like GSW, because rarely will you see teams with players as gifted as Green, Curry, or Thompson. 

So he's young, intelligent at passing, his shot has a high arc and fluid trained motion, and 7 feet tall with potential two way capability?

I'll take a flier on him any day, with the exception of Ingram dropping, or Ainge seriously believing Brown or Chriss are the right picks.

I'm just worried we'll pass on Bender, and he'll have a breakout rookie season.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 05:01:59 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Stop, please stop!

My heart can't take this!!

Now I'm back on the Bender train!!

Hahahaha I know it's painful.

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 05:06:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
People say he's skinny and looks brittle. But he's very young, and it isn't like he has bad work ethic like someone like James Young, who just hasn't put forth the time and effort into becoming better. Bender has never been questioned for his lackadaisical work ethic, so him being skinny and weak is merely just a issue that could be resolved in 1-2 years of dietary supplements, power lifting, and bulking.

His frame leaves room to be desired, but I think for what he'll make up in strength, he'll make up in finesse and shooting touch to create more offensive opportunities for him.

Agreed with the user above; Bender is known mainly for his shooting and passing. Versatility in today's NBA is very vital, but not every team should try to aim like GSW, because rarely will you see teams with players as gifted as Green, Curry, or Thompson. 

So he's young, intelligent at passing, his shot has a high arc and fluid trained motion, and 7 feet tall with potential two way capability?

I'll take a flier on him any day, with the exception of Ingram dropping, or Ainge seriously believing Brown or Chriss are the right picks.

How? When he is going from warming one bench to warming another?

Unless the team is D league calibre (76ers) ,  Bender should not playing much next season.   

He is going to get pushed around left and right.

Big players now a days need to develop a strong body/lower body/core 1st.  Look at Christian Wood (undrafted last season).  On the surface he has a nice looking "profile". His height, wingspan, athleticism , can shoot a little , drive to the basket , block shots etc

But because he is rail thin, he spent pretty much all season in the D league and in the weight room. 

Not sure if he will even be ready for this up coming season.  The scary part for him is, he may never put on the pounds/strength required to handle the NBA grind.   

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2016, 05:10:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Unless the team is D league calibre (76ers) ,  Bender should not playing much next season.   

Big players now a days need to develop a strong body/lower body/core 1st.  Look at Christian Wood (undrafted last season).  On the surface he has a nice looking "profile". His height, wingspan, athleticism , can shoot a little , drive to the basket , block shots etc

But because he is rail thin, he spent pretty much all season in the D league and in the weight room. 

Not sure if he will even be ready for this up coming season.  The scary part for him is, he may never put on the pounds/strength required to handle the NBA grind.
thoughts on Ingram?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2016, 05:51:58 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

thoughts on Ingram?

This is what I've said to him for months. He doesn't have an answer because it would contradict all he says about Bender

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2016, 07:19:42 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406

Good thing he isn't playing 20 years ago. His lack of a midrange could be viewed as high bball iq. The least effective shot is the mid range jumper. The fact that he has a floater for the midrange shouldn't be ignored. And do you really think if someone said to take a mid range shot he would struggle?

Honestly how many great post scorers have come along recently? Okafor. Look how his first year worked out. He's a dinosaur. Also bender while not polished at all has a minor hook in close range which should atleast be average due to his high skill level and bball iq. He's 18.....let's not forget that.

Worst case scenario he is a good spot up shooter, an amazing passer for his size, a great rim runner, and the definition of a modern nba defender.

Seriously?

His scouting report will be easy. Either lookout for the 3 pt shot or prevent the drive in

And i disagree. The mid range game is still a part of todays game. Especially when you need a crucial bucket to stop the bleeding

Yeah easy...
Defend a seven footer out to the three, but look out because he'll drive to the rim. Whatever you do don't over commit because he'll find the open man and hit em with a spot on pass.

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2016, 07:36:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

thoughts on Ingram?

Ingram is a SF not a frontcourt player.   He won't be fully ready next season but will get playing time with either the 76ers or Lakers.

Ingram skills > Bender. The ball handling, shooting from anywhere on the court.   Able to drive, stop and pop.   Ability to get all the way to the rim  (the knock on bender).   

Worst case Ingram may not be able to bulk up ever as some expect but if you look at skinny sfs like Tayshuan Prince and the career he has had (as a skinny guy) ,  Ingram can follow the same lead

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2016, 07:40:31 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

thoughts on Ingram?

Ingram is a SF not a frontcourt player.   He won't be fully ready next season but will get playing time with either the 76ers or Lakers.

Ingram skills > Bender. The ball handling, shooting from anywhere on the court.   Able to drive, stop and pop.   Ability to get all the way to the rim  (the knock on bender).   

Worst case Ingram may not be able to bulk up ever as some expect but if you look at skinny sfs like Tayshuan Prince and the career he has had (as a skinny guy) ,  Ingram can follow the same lead

Lol.

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2016, 07:41:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Seriously?

Yeah easy...
Defend a seven footer out to the three, but look out because he'll drive to the rim. Whatever you do don't over commit because he'll find the open man and hit em with a spot on pass.

And what about on the defensive end?   It's nice he can temporarily guard guards out to the perimeter but can he secure a defensive rebound??  Can he defend the post ?

I actually don't have an issue with grabbing bender after 10.   But not as a #3 pick. 

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2016, 07:43:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

thoughts on Ingram?

Lol.

You might be the only guy that thinks he is a pf.  Ingram was a SF in college ball and will be a SF at the NBA level

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2016, 07:44:34 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

thoughts on Ingram?

Lol.

You might be the only guy that thinks he is a pf.  Ingram was a SF in college ball and will be a SF at the NBA level

That just supports that experts don't know what to do with him, because he's not really a SF but he's way too thin to play PF.

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2016, 07:45:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Regardless of how good he becomes, or doesn't, I just wish that we had a lot more information on the guy :-\. That video is hilarious, btw. 

On the other hand, if Denver really likes him, I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn out to be quite the player.  Those guys certainly know what they're doing in regards to drafting international big men.  I wish we had scouts like that :-\. Sigh.

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2016, 07:47:35 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

thoughts on Ingram?

Lol.

Umm, since when is a small forward not considered to be a frontcourt player?  Did I miss the memo? 

And I don't think that Ingram is a pf - I never said that.  He did play as a 4 in college, though.

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2016, 07:48:41 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

thoughts on Ingram?

Lol.

Umm, since when is a small forward not considered to be a frontcourt player?  Did I miss the memo?

Yep. Especially in today's league too!