Author Topic: Report: Lee unhappy in Boston due to Rondo's play style  (Read 31122 times)

Re: Report: Lee unhappy in Boston due to Rondo's play style
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013, 09:18:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
You know what? Lee is a journeyman bench SG or fringe starter at best and has been on 4 teams in 5 years. The last thing he should be doing is complaining about how an offense runs, how many touches he gets or anything else.

He's just gotten to a good team for the first time since his rookie year. And before the season is half over and just after that team's starting PG and All-Star goes down with a season ending injury, he starts complaining?

Ship him out of town along with Bass. I don't need role players complaining about how the team is being run, their playing time or their touches. When the Big Three came together they all sacrificed their touches and shots and the way they were used to things being run in favor of a team concept. Last thing I want while those players are still on the team is role players complaining about stuff those HOFers sacrificed to win a championship.

We're not a good team and he is only telling what many have not said. Take off your Rondo pants and see the other side to the situation. Lee has a point and is a great player, and his opinions do count. I, for one, think he is right.
The reason we are not a good team probably has more to do with so many players that want things done their way and want their touches than it has to do with Rondo.

Lee, Barbosa and Bass have all complained about getting time and touches. That's never happened here during the Big Three era because it was TEAM first. I don't see Sully, Pierce, KG, or Bradley doing that. Just players that want their games not being sacrificed for the good of the team.

Seems to me this must be the reason this guy has been on 4 teams in 5 years.

What??? I do say you have a very poor recollection of what has happened in the Big Three era... unless you mean the original one.

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 09:19:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
You know what? Lee is a journeyman bench SG or fringe starter at best and has been on 4 teams in 5 years. The last thing he should be doing is complaining about how an offense runs, how many touches he gets or anything else.

He's just gotten to a good team for the first time since his rookie year. And before the season is half over and just after that team's starting PG and All-Star goes down with a season ending injury, he starts complaining?

Ship him out of town along with Bass. I don't need role players complaining about how the team is being run, their playing time or their touches. When the Big Three came together they all sacrificed their touches and shots and the way they were used to things being run in favor of a team concept. Last thing I want while those players are still on the team is role players complaining about stuff those HOFers sacrificed to win a championship.

We're not a good team and he is only telling what many have not said. Take off your Rondo pants and see the other side to the situation. Lee has a point and is a great player, and his opinions do count. I, for one, think he is right.
The reason we are not a good team probably has more to do with so many players that want things done their way and want their touches than it has to do with Rondo.

Lee, Barbosa and Bass have all complained about getting time and touches. That's never happened here during the Big Three era because it was TEAM first. I don't see Sully, Pierce, KG, or Bradley doing that. Just players that want their games not being sacrificed for the good of the team.

Seems to me this must be the reason this guy has been on 4 teams in 5 years.

When he was faded from Orlando, it was because the Nets saw talent in him.
When he went to Houston, they needed him gone so the salaries could match.
Finally, Lee and Ainge saw Lee was a great player and thus traded for him.
He's a solid role player and the quintessential NBA player too.
He will have a job for a while, for a reason.
And with his experience, it's clear he knows how teams work, since he never complained in Orlando or Houston or New Jersey.

Do your research and stop being such a homer. Lee is entitled to his opinion.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2013, 09:20:01 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
You've got to be crazy if you don't notice that Rondo looks off Green, Lee and sometimes JET. I've seen it with my own eyes. He defers to PP and KG.

And I don't think there's a new guy here who's sad and crushed in their heart that Rondo is hurt. It's like 'shucks, well let's move on'...and I really think they will. Once they get into more of a motion offense we have multiple threats. We really do, but no one seems to notice that. And we allow PP and KG to close out games. I really love Jeff's comparison of what we could be to the championship Mavericks. That's SO spot on.

You had the games when JET went completely off. You had the games when Shawn Marion was going nuts. You even had games where Stevenson was going in. AND EVEN IAN MAHIMI!! (hey Fab Melo)...I just haven't give up all hope.

and this Rondo injury means we have to shake things up and adopt a new system. Doesn't mean Rondo sucks. Just means it's time for something new.

And to say Bass and Barbosa 'complained' about their touches is really...untrue. They more or less referenced it to something else (like bad numbers).

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2013, 09:20:52 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Think you might be getting just a tad carried away here, considering Lee's actually done no complaining at all?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013, 09:21:30 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
You've got to be crazy if you don't notice that Rondo looks off Green, Lee and sometimes JET. I've seen it with my own eyes. He defers to PP and KG.

And I don't think there's a new guy here who's sad and crushed in their heart that Rondo is hurt. It's like 'shucks, well let's move on'...and I really think they will. Once they get into more of a motion offense we have multiple threats. We really do, but no one seems to notice that. And we allow PP and KG to close out games. I really love Jeff's comparison of what we could be to the championship Mavericks. That's SO spot on.

You had the games when JET went completely off. You had the games when Shawn Marion was going nuts. You even had games where Stevenson was going in. AND EVEN IAN MAHIMI!! (hey Fab Melo)...I just haven't give up all hope.

and this Rondo injury means we have to shake things up and adopt a new system. Doesn't mean Rondo sucks. Just means it's time for something new.

And to say Bass and Barbosa 'complained' about their touches is really...untrue. They more or less referenced it to something else (like bad numbers).

Totally agree. Sometimes you have to see fault in Rondo even though he's the best PG in the league.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2013, 09:23:45 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

We're not a good team and he is only telling what many have not said. Take off your Rondo pants and see the other side to the situation. Lee has a point and is a great player, and his opinions do count. I, for one, think he is right.:
Is Lee as great as Iverson?

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2013, 09:25:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think this team has been underachieving for a variety of reasons and Rondo's play and Pierce's play,  are two of them, though, IMHO, they are down on the bottom of the list.

One of the things on the top of the list is the players Danny put together to make up this team. Terry and Barbosa are players that want the ball in their hands and want to score, sometimes to the detriment of a team offense. Now we have Lee and Bass complaining of touches or the offense. We also have a player that left for personal reasons and a big who is useless and another that can never stay healthy.

I think Danny messed up this summer. He never got a decent backup big man worth a [dang]. Several players in the locker room were expecting to continue to play their game, regardless of how the Celtics functioned. Danny must have thought that if KG, PP and RA would sacrifice their games to make a team better than others would too. Obviously he was wrong.

I see a house cleaning in this team's future.

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2013, 09:25:57 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I can't take this nonsense about "touches" anymore.  The best offensive players on the team get the most touches.  Call me insane, but that sounds about right to me. 

The Celtics are actually one of the teams that spread the rock around the most compared to most other NBA teams. 

Also, I'm really tired of these sports "reporters" and their rumors coming from reliable, unnamed sources.  I, basically, don't believe anything anymore unless somebody is directly quoted. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2013, 09:27:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I think this team has been underachieving for a variety of reasons and Rondo's play and Pierce's play,  are two of them, though, IMHO, they are down on the bottom of the list.

One of the things on the top of the list is the players Danny put together to make up this team. Terry and Barbosa are players that want the ball in their hands and want to score, sometimes to the detriment of a team offense. Now we have Lee and Bass complaining of touches or the offense. We also have a player that left for personal reasons and a big who is useless and another that can never stay healthy.

I think Danny messed up this summer. He never got a decent backup big man worth a [dang]. Several players in the locker room were expecting to continue to play their game, regardless of how the Celtics functioned. Danny must have thought that if KG, PP and RA would sacrifice their games to make a team better than others would too. Obviously he was wrong.

I see a house cleaning in this team's future.

ORRRRRRRRR, we can try and coax Rondo to stop pounding the ball for 20 seconds of the offense, and move the ball like basketball was intended to be played, and get the most of out this team.

How a team with Terry isn't running pick-and-roll plays with KG constantly is beyond me.

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2013, 09:28:20 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

We're not a good team and he is only telling what many have not said. Take off your Rondo pants and see the other side to the situation. Lee has a point and is a great player, and his opinions do count. I, for one, think he is right.:
Is Lee as great as Iverson?

Why is that relevant at all?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2013, 09:29:08 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Also, I'm really tired of these sports "reporters" and their rumors coming from reliable, unnamed sources.  I, basically, don't believe anything anymore unless somebody is directly quoted.

Zack Lowe's the best writer going for the NBA. He might not be a 'reporter' like Woj, but he's shown to be nothing but credible.

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2013, 09:29:21 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I'm pretty sure I'd much rather have fun playing with Nash, Kidd, etc than Rondo. It doesn't really matter if he's a scoring point or a pass first point - If the team can't get 3 or 4 clean passes/swings in each set, it's difficult for the wings to get into rhythm. Touching the ball means so much.

That being said, Rondo's style of play is effective and he's one of the best ball handlers in the league.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2013, 09:29:37 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Zack Lowe's the best writer going for the NBA. He might not be a 'reporter' like Woj, but he's shown to be nothing but credible.

Lowe is quite credible.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2013, 09:30:59 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I don't care if it's coming from Woodward and Bernstein,  I'm not going to believe in unsourced, unquoted rumors. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I'm pretty sure I'd much rather have fun playing with Nash, Kidd, etc than Rondo. It doesn't really matter if he's a scoring point or a pass first point - If the team can't get 3 or 4 clean passes/swings in each set, it's difficult for the wings to get into rhythm. Touching the ball means so much.

That being said, Rondo's style of play is effective and he's one of the best ball handlers in the league.

DOC'S system.