Author Topic: Patriots 2018 Season  (Read 76234 times)

Re: Patriots 2018 Season
« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2019, 06:51:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Can’t remember last time I was so relaxed watching Pats game. Impressive. Especially Brady and Edelman, one of the all time most underrated NFL receivers.

You probably heard this during the game, but Edelman is now the No. 2 all-time NFL postseason receiver—94 catches, trailing only Jerry Rice's 151.

Yes I did. Shocking. What a stud.

« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2019, 06:53:49 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Great win by NE.  May have seen Gronk's last game in Foxboro.  Great to see him play a key role blocking and a vintage Gronk catch and run.  Does he have a couple of big games in him? 

Tough task next week -- KC's defense may be better than what we faced in Week 6.  Pats D may be better too.    Mahomes looked very good on Saturday, 1st half -- dangerous.

« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2019, 06:58:51 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Great win by NE.  May have seen Gronk's last game in Foxboro.  Great to see him play a key role blocking and a vintage Gronk catch and run.  Does he have a couple of big games in him? 

Tough task next week -- KC's defense may be better than what we faced in Week 6.  Pats D may be better too.    Mahomes looked very good on Saturday, 1st half -- dangerous.

Kinda crazy to think that if the Pats can get two more wins, they'll have their SIXTH Super Bowl title. Man, I'm SO hoping that Gronk (and the rest of the team) can dig deep and come up with just two more great games.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2019, 07:08:11 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

Kinda crazy to think that if the Pats can get two more wins, they'll have their SIXTH Super Bowl title. Man, I'm SO hoping that Gronk (and the rest of the team) can dig deep and come up with just two more great games.

Watching Brady look much better today really gives some hope. I think Pats are unlikely to get to Brady's 9th this year, but great to be one game away... again.

« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2019, 07:20:55 PM »

• Satch Sanders

Watching Brady look much better today really gives some hope. I think Pats are unlikely to get to Brady's 9th this year, but great to be one game away... again.

Man, wouldn't it be something? To see him get there for a NINTH time? That would be incredible. I'd love to see a Pats/Rams SB—another chance to see a Boston team beat an L.A. team!
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2019, 07:43:26 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Man, wouldn't it be something? To see him get there for a NINTH time? That would be incredible. I'd love to see a Pats/Rams SB—another chance to see a Boston team beat an L.A. team!

I want to see a Pats/Saints SB.  Two forty year old quarterbacks squaring off would be great.  (Brees turns 40 on Tuesday)

« Reply #381 on: January 13, 2019, 08:28:12 PM »

• Satch Sanders

I want to see a Pats/Saints SB.  Two forty year old quarterbacks squaring off would be great.  (Brees turns 40 on Tuesday)

That would be cool, too.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #382 on: January 13, 2019, 09:42:07 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Sean Payton vs Bill Belichick
Drew Brees vs Tom Brady
Bountygate vs Spygate

Every controversy the NFL hates in one Superbowl!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #383 on: January 13, 2019, 11:23:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The pats surprised me today. I have to be clear about that. I did not believe in them.

That said, they were much better at home all season and pretty bad on the road.

Next week is gonna be very difficult.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #384 on: January 20, 2019, 03:01:29 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Yeah, Brees v Brady is the SB matchup I think most NFL fans have wanted to see for a while (myself included).

« Reply #385 on: January 20, 2019, 03:08:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
After winning our last two Super Bowls, I’ve relaxed a lot more watching the Pats. For once. When we lost to the Eagles last year, I was disappointed. But not bummed out. Which surprised me. That wasn’t my reaction vs the Giant losses.

I actually was a little happy for a Eagles fans. Put in perspective how frustrated they must have felt losing to us back in ‘05.

I of course hope we beat the Chiefs today, but really don’t expect to win. And would be happy for Andy Reed to get his first Super Bowl.

« Reply #386 on: January 20, 2019, 03:27:12 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
GO PATRIOTS THIS ONE IS ON BELICHICK.

« Reply #387 on: January 20, 2019, 04:49:16 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
After winning our last two Super Bowls, I’ve relaxed a lot more watching the Pats. For once. When we lost to the Eagles last year, I was disappointed. But not bummed out. Which surprised me. That wasn’t my reaction vs the Giant losses.

I actually was a little happy for a Eagles fans. Put in perspective how frustrated they must have felt losing to us back in ‘05.

I of course hope we beat the Chiefs today, but really don’t expect to win. And would be happy for Andy Reed to get his first Super Bowl.

I get what you mean. After Brady won his 5th, everything has been house money. He is literally unparralleled for his career. The fact that people are questioning his slide after having 4600 yards is hilarious. If they win another? Great. If they dont, it is what it is. Brady is amazing.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 04:54:34 PM by A Future of Stevens »
#JKJB

« Reply #388 on: January 20, 2019, 04:55:41 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I get what you mean. After Brady won his 5th, everything has been house money. He is literally unparralleled for his career. The fact that people are questioning his slide after having 4600 yards is hilarious. If they win another? Great. If they dont, it is what it is. Brady is amazing.

Still 0-2 vs Eli in the SB.

Eli > Tom  :P

« Reply #389 on: January 20, 2019, 06:16:02 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Great game in NO — in OT right now.  Who would you want to play if Pats surprise tonight?