Author Topic: Celtics (48-28) at Knicks (27-49) 4/6  (Read 61913 times)

Re: Celtics (48-28) at Knicks (27-49) 4/6
« Reply #330 on: April 07, 2010, 08:32:41 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Rondo and Perk's youth and advancement of their own games was supposed to sustain the window for longer than 3 years.

The two are not good enough to compensate for the injuries to the Big 3 and to their regression.

« Reply #331 on: April 07, 2010, 08:33:49 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
the play of this team this season is disappointing to say the least. they have underachieved and given little signs..if any....that they can turn it on when it counts. they are basically a .500 team since Christmas that cannot or refuses to play for an entire 4 quarters. i realize the playoffs are the playoffs but it wouldn't surprise me to see them get beat in the first round with this type of effort. and honestly..i don't think they can just turn it on anymore.

as it looks they will be the 4 seed and IF they get to the Cavs...it is going to end very bad for the Celtics. i sure hope danny has a plan for this summer...because this same team coming back next year sans most of the entire bench is not going to be any better. i am afraid what we are seeing now is what we will be until we can get KG's contract and PPs contract off the books.

I pray they can get a steal at their draft pick...someone that can step in and play ASAP...i dont want to see danny draft a project ala giddens or bill walker...we need young guys that can contribute now

i find it sad that KG's game is basically gone now. i can't see him returning to form ever. and his contract is an albatross

« Reply #332 on: April 07, 2010, 09:08:35 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
This team is such a mess right now. You'd have thought last night was the last not first game of a 4 in 5 night stretch. Hopefully we'll come out with more energy tonight. I started watching the replay backwards last night and fell asleep so my thoughts from the lowlights and boxscore:

I'm not surprised the last possession was botched the way the team was playing why would they bother to work hard to get the game to OT? And it was kinder to the fans I think.

19 TO. Very sloppy. We've had low turnovers by our standards lately so I was hoping it was trend in the right direction.

Ray looking very spry and active from what I saw. And I love his shoes.

Love these retro jerseys.

FT shooting which was looking decent has been shaky since the Houston loss. Good FT shooting has to be a must for future additions to the  team. I just realized the Big 3 are our best FT shooters. All the younger guys in the rotation are at best mediocre at the line.

I won't even get started on Earl "2010 Bill Russell" Barron out-rebounding us on the offensive boards.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #333 on: April 07, 2010, 11:12:49 AM »

Offline chelsearules

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12

« Reply #334 on: April 07, 2010, 02:40:12 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Rondo and Perk's youth and advancement of their own games was supposed to sustain the window for longer than 3 years.

The two are not good enough to compensate for the injuries to the Big 3 and to their regression.
I dislike how Doc and the Big 3 have consistently pinned Rondo back into a confined role offensively. They need to turn the offense over to Rondo if they're to have any hope of the young players making up the decline of the older players.