Author Topic: Pritchard injury news?  (Read 4337 times)

Pritchard injury news?
« on: January 23, 2021, 01:09:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Any word on how long Pritchard will be side lined?

Re: Pritchard injury news?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 01:10:53 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Hoping no news is good news. Would think if it was an acl or mcl we would've known right away. And he was back on bench for end of the game

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 02:03:07 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 02:57:30 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 03:02:01 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Payton Pritchard injury: Brad Stevens expecting Boston Celtics rookie to miss at least ‘the next couple days’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/01/payton-pritchard-injury-brad-stevens-expecting-boston-celtics-rookie-to-miss-at-least-the-next-couple-days.html%3foutputType=amp

Well, it sounds minor. Here's hoping.

Agreed. Seemed to have dodged a bullet there..
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 03:36:15 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Payton Pritchard injury: Brad Stevens expecting Boston Celtics rookie to miss at least ‘the next couple days’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/01/payton-pritchard-injury-brad-stevens-expecting-boston-celtics-rookie-to-miss-at-least-the-next-couple-days.html%3foutputType=amp

I wouldn’t read anything in to that. Brad didn’t have an update last night.  He was basically answering from his perspective that he knows he’ll have to prepare for no Payton for the next few days until further news comes out. Dumb response, IMO. Obviously he will miss a few days at a minimum. Why say that when people want to know if it’s season ending? His response was worthless.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 03:38:34 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 03:55:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I wouldn’t read anything in to that. Brad didn’t have an update last night.  He was basically answering from his perspective that he knows he’ll have to prepare for no Payton for the next few days until further news comes out. Dumb response, IMO. Obviously he will miss a few days at a minimum. Why say that when people want to know if it’s season ending? His response was worthless.

Of course he didn't have specific up to the minute news on Payton, but it has been reported as a knee sprain. I realize sprains have different levels of severities, but I don't see any problem in Brad saying that the plan is for him to miss the next couple of days. It may sound obvious, but let's be happy it's not something more serious.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 04:15:23 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Payton dodge a bullet.. didn’t look good last night
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2021, 04:19:25 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375

Of course he didn't have specific up to the minute news on Payton, but it has been reported as a knee sprain. I realize sprains have different levels of severities, but I don't see any problem in Brad saying that the plan is for him to miss the next couple of days. It may sound obvious, but let's be happy it's not something more serious.
I’m not convinced it’s not more serious until the tests are in.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 04:23:16 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
They had to get him back to Boston to have him evaluated.  Stay tuned. I read zero into Brad's comment as you can often walk around just fine with a torn ACL.

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2021, 04:24:52 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Thought for sure it was an ACL...he looked pretty scared too. Fingers crossed...Don't wanna spend the rest of the season watching Teague cough up the ball, when nobody is near him.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2021, 04:28:41 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
What I didn't like was the look on his face - kind of like he knew it was serious.  But we'll see.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2021, 04:49:56 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1772
What I didn't like was the look on his face - kind of like he knew it was serious.  But we'll see.

A quick look at his high school and college games indicates he may not have ever had a serious injury.  Since he doesn't have a history he might not know how to deal with pain.  Just guessing, and I hope it is not serious.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2021, 05:48:22 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349