Author Topic: I know I will get smacked, but Doc is right  (Read 6433 times)

Re: I know I will get smacked, but Doc is right
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 08:27:23 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I do not want to see a trade for Gortat for this very reason.

Keep in mind that Gortat is (in my opinion) a good defensive player who is tough and will rebound, while giving you solid offensive production.

But everyone on this board is underestimating how good Avery Bradley is on defense.  He is the best defensive talent on this team.  There, I said it.  He might be the best defensive guard in the NBA.  He is light years better than Rondo.

I cannot emphasize enough how good our team became defensively when Avery Bradley started last year after Ray got hurt.  Trading AB for a center would be a disaster.

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 07:43:53 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
One thng that i saw in the spurs game is Sully is a very strong rebounder....HE stopped the spurs from getting a lot more...but they were there constesting each and everyone..which KEEPS TEAMS FROM A FAST BREAK.....you cannot outlet a long pass when someone is totally on the rebound also...you are lucky to keep the ball, offensive rebounds break the other teams will, causes infighting....gets second chances, tires the other team out.....it never changes, and one great win does not change bbal fundamentals...!

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2012, 07:47:46 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Keep in mind that Gortat is (in my opinion) a good defensive player who is tough and will rebound, while giving you solid offensive production.

But everyone on this board is underestimating how good Avery Bradley is on defense. He is the best defensive talent on this team.  There, I said it.  He might be the best defensive guard in the NBA.  He is light years better than Rondo.

I cannot emphasize enough how good our team became defensively when Avery Bradley started last year after Ray got hurt.  Trading AB for a center would be a disaster.

Hey now, not everyone. I along with others have your back on this. I clearly remember how lethal we were on defense and as a team in general once AB moved into the starting lineup.

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2012, 08:43:42 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

But everyone on this board is underestimating how good Avery Bradley is on defense. He is the best defensive talent on this team.  There, I said it.  He might be the best defensive guard in the NBA.  He is light years better than Rondo.

Hey now, not everyone. I along with others have your back on this. I clearly remember how lethal we were on defense and as a team in general once AB moved into the starting lineup.

Believe it or not, I too am aware how good a defender Avery Bradley is.  That doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to see Marcin Gortat as a member of the Boston Celtics.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2012, 09:07:50 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sully is a very strong rebounder....HE stopped the spurs from getting a lot more...b

He is wide and has good hands and anticipates well.  But defensively he needs work.  I wish he would learn to chest up his man ala Glen Davis. Offensively and boardwise he is ready, defensively he needs work.

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2012, 09:09:40 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Believe it or not, I too am aware how good a defender Avery Bradley is.  That doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to see Marcin Gortat as a member of the Boston Celtics.

And it doesn't mean i wouldn't love to see Marcin Gortat as a member of the boston celtics lol. As long as we can keep our most important pieces, Rondo, Pierce, KG, Terry, Bradley.

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2012, 09:42:30 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

And it doesn't mean i wouldn't love to see Marcin Gortat as a member of the boston celtics lol. As long as we can keep our most important pieces, Rondo, Pierce, KG, Terry, Bradley.

Don't forget Green and Bass.  Oh, and I think Wilcox has a no trade clause.  I'm starting to like Sully more and more, too.

How about we offer 'em Fab Melo, Kris Joseph and a couple of draft picks?  Better yet (don't really want to give up on Melo and Joseph), maybe they'll just give him to us.  We'll take him and pay his salary, and then the Suns won't have to worry about paying him.

Sounds good to me.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2012, 09:56:42 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
gortat is an absolute joke.

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2012, 11:13:44 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Thanks for that fascinating insight.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2012, 11:21:27 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Gortat has a big nose.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2012, 11:24:01 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Don't forget Green and Bass.  Oh, and I think Wilcox has a no trade clause.  I'm starting to like Sully more and more, too.

How about we offer 'em Fab Melo, Kris Joseph and a couple of draft picks?  Better yet (don't really want to give up on Melo and Joseph), maybe they'll just give him to us.  We'll take him and pay his salary, and then the Suns won't have to worry about paying him.

Sounds good to me.

You seem upset

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 11:31:42 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

Sounds good to me.

You seem upset

Great job pointing that out captain obvious.

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2012, 11:35:58 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Sounds good to me.

You seem upset

Darn.  I was trying to be funny.  I guess that one didn't go over too well.  I hate it when my light hearted banter gets mistaken for boiling rage.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2012, 11:37:34 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Gortat has a big nose.

And, he's a "French pansy."
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2012, 11:38:26 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Sounds good to me.

You seem upset

Great job pointing that out captain obvious.

lol, so its obvious hes upset then, ha.