Author Topic: Hawks (17-14) at Celtics (13-17) Game 31 12/31  (Read 51094 times)

Re: Hawks (17-14) at Celtics (13-17) Game 31 12/31
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2013, 04:28:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Bass and Green benched for public altercation on bench.

Given they both also played awful, maybe that was a good thing.

Public altercation? I missed that. More details please. :)

Oh wow.  As if it couldn't get worse... now our starters are brawling on the bench.

This is a disaster.  Our team is already 5 games below .500.  Our injury-prone core can't stay on the court.  Over the past two seasons, Bradley has missed 28% of his games.  Sully has missed 41%.  And our "star point guard" has missed a whopping 68% of his games. 

Meanwhile, our 2nd and 3rd highest paid players rot on our bench.  Gerald Wallace is on the hook for 30 million and is statistically one of the worst players in the entire league.

Now I hear tale that two of our starters were coming to blows on the bench?  Outrageous! 

Only one conclusion can be drawn from all of this.  Enough is enough.  This isn't working.  It's time.   

Time to blow it up, Danny.

he did already.

and it might not be best to define "injury prone" on the basis of 1 and 1/3 seasons, just a thought.

but in any case, let's be positive for at least the rest of this year.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hum.....maybe it was good I missed this game ......people all,stirred up on the blog......wow....

Glade to learn Kelly finally had a decent game and then Bass and green acting infintile and Sully can't hit the side of a,monster barn.

Crawford taking the last shot?     Why not Green ?    ???

Don't think I'll rewatch this game......better for my nerves

« Reply #182 on: December 31, 2013, 04:35:42 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Oh wow.  As if it couldn't get worse... now our starters are brawling on the bench.

This is a disaster.  Our team is already 5 games below .500.  Our injury-prone core can't stay on the court.  Over the past two seasons, Bradley has missed 28% of his games.  Sully has missed 41%.  And our "star point guard" has missed a whopping 68% of his games. 

Meanwhile, our 2nd and 3rd highest paid players rot on our bench.  Gerald Wallace is on the hook for 30 million and is statistically one of the worst players in the entire league.

Now I hear tale that two of our starters were coming to blows on the bench?  Outrageous! 

Only one conclusion can be drawn from all of this.  Enough is enough.  This isn't working.  It's time.   

he did already.

and it might not be best to define "injury prone" on the basis of 1 and 1/3 seasons, just a thought.

Yes he did indeed blow it up. He traded away two HOFers, let another one walk, and traded away the coach that won you a ring.  But whatever, once you've blown up the toy, keep banging it against the wall.  >:(

« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2013, 04:47:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

he did already.

Yes he did indeed blow it up. He traded away two HOFers, let another one walk, and traded away the coach that won you a ring.  But whatever, once you've blown up the toy, keep banging it against the wall.  >:(
Blow it up again!  AND AGAIN!  MUHAHAHA. 

I'm just kidding around.  This team will be fine in a few years.

« Reply #184 on: December 31, 2013, 04:51:50 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
CRAWFORD GIVETH AND CRAWFORD TAKETH AWAY!!!

I said it several times, Stevens has got to rein Crawford in or get rid of him. this was the Celtics game and Crawford just blew it. he hates to share the ball and therefore don't belong on this team.

« Reply #185 on: December 31, 2013, 04:55:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
CRAWFORD GIVETH AND CRAWFORD TAKETH AWAY!!!

I said it several times, Stevens has got to rein Crawford in or get rid of him. this was the Celtics game and Crawford just blew it. he hates to share the ball and therefore don't belong on this team.
This season isn't the best ball Crawford has played.  He's always been an up and down headcasey player.  There's a reason why the Wizards gave him away for literally nothing.

« Reply #186 on: December 31, 2013, 04:58:30 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Crawford just isn't a point guard.  We need one of those or we will continue to lose leads, continue to struggle down the stretch, and continue to not get many easy looks.

« Reply #187 on: December 31, 2013, 05:08:47 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Wait Green no showed again?  There's a surprise ::)

« Reply #188 on: December 31, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
For whoever asked why the line up was the way it was at the end of the game is because the first unit....STUNK UP THE PLACE!!! Stevens was trying to talk to Green when he came off the floor and Green walked right by him. starters arguing with each other and then you have Crawford who single handedly with lousy passing and stupid shots, including the final shot which, I will bet, was not drawn up for him to take!!!
I haven't been this aggravated over a loss simply because it should never have happened.
and once again for you tankers....blow this up!!!!!!

« Reply #189 on: December 31, 2013, 05:31:24 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Wallace misses that gimme dunk which would have put us up by 20.  Instead, ATL goes on a 15-0 run to finish the 2nd quarter.

Then we lose by 1.

« Reply #190 on: December 31, 2013, 05:39:05 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

he did already.

Yes he did indeed blow it up. He traded away two HOFers, let another one walk, and traded away the coach that won you a ring.  But whatever, once you've blown up the toy, keep banging it ag
ainst the wall.  >:(

Yes, we really miss Doc:-))  He has taken an upgraded Clippers team that was 25-8 last year at this point and "coached" this deeper and more talented Clipper team to 21-12.  I love how almost everyone on this blog worships Doc and makes fun of Vinny Del Negro.  I will bet that the Clips will NOT win 56 games as they did last year!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #191 on: December 31, 2013, 05:39:32 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
tonight was a lose/lose from a tanking perspective.

Not really, tonight was a win/lose from a tanking perspective. A positive and a negative to come from the result regardless.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #192 on: December 31, 2013, 05:42:49 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Missed the game.  I guess I was OK either way on this one.

I think Atlanta is squeaking out wins that they'll be losing in a few weeks.  Our pick still remains the best chance for lottery so it's OK to lose this one. 

Great to hear about (and see highlights of) Olynik's carer game. Looks like he shot very well and passed well.  Keep it going Kelly!

« Reply #193 on: December 31, 2013, 06:03:35 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

he did already.

Yes he did indeed blow it up. He traded away two HOFers, let another one walk, and traded away the coach that won you a ring.  But whatever, once you've blown up the toy, keep banging it ag
ainst the wall.  >:(

Yes, we really miss Doc:-))  He has taken an upgraded Clippers team that was 25-8 last year at this point and "coached" this deeper and more talented Clipper team to 21-12.  I love how almost everyone on this blog worships Doc and makes fun of Vinny Del Negro.  I will bet that the Clips will NOT win 56 games as they did last year!!!

Smitty77

right on. I really miss doc's rotations, small ball, no offensive rebounding, and primarily jump shooting team.  ::)

we never got out to leads like this last year. We just have to learn to finish. and we have nowhere near the talent. That right there shows how good stevens is. doc won in 2008 because of the big 3. he should have won again in 2010 but his crappy coaching cost us. Should have beat the heat in 7 in 2012 as well. thanks doc!  ::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #194 on: December 31, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
This current celtic team would have a better record than last years if Rondo was playing.