Poll

Should the Celtics trade for AD?

Yes.  (Tatum in the deal)
22 (44.9%)
No.   (Not worth giving up assets for a one year rental)
19 (38.8%)
Yes but only if Tatum isn't in the deal.
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Anthony Davis traded to Lakers(page 272)  (Read 339487 times)

Re: My three team AD trade.
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2018, 09:00:51 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I will never understand this fascination with helping other teams do well with these trades.
It's not fascination. It's about seeing the value of the deal for the other team. As in what the other team gains and loses.

What I fail to understand is why so many people don't even think about trades that are posted and don't even look at the players mentioned before posting. It's a trade thread why go in if you aren't interested in reading it?

Re: My three team AD trade.
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2018, 10:32:34 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
The  reason that any Davis trade is hard to analyze is that I can't understand what would motivate NOP to trade him.  Sometimes teams trade star players because they think they will leave for nothing in free agency.  This is not the case,  Davis has a 2 more seasons then a player option.  Other times maybe there is a risk of injury.  Also not the case.

I can't think of any reason that NOP would want to trade Davis.  What other player would you rather build a team/franchise around than him right now?  Certainly not Porzingis (who is a nice player).  Certainly not Horford.

This is why people probably don't put a whole lot of energy into Davis trades.  I jumped in on this one because I thought the Boston-Knicks piece of the trade was interesting.  The Celtics trading Kyrie is a little less unlikely than NOP trading Davis.  I don't think the Davis part is even close to something that NOP would do.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:39:53 AM by Vermont Green »

Anthony Davis Trade Thread (Merged Threads)
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2018, 07:09:58 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Anthony Davis to Boston
Kawi to Minnesota.
Butler and Kyrie to No LO
4 first round picks and Morris to the Spurs.

I’m pretty sure Boston would cough up 3 1sts for Davis.  Maybe Minnesota kicks in a second round pick?  NOLO might like the Butler/Kyrie tandem?   But they could bounce after this year?   So they might need one more piece?   Only team getting hosed would be the Spurs.   Thoughts? 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 07:15:05 PM by Diggles »
Diggles

Re: Anthony Davis Trade Thread (Merged Threads)
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2018, 07:36:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Obviously you didn't run this through a trade checker to see if it is even possible under the CBA.

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2018, 06:24:56 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Add Moore to SAS and it works in the trade machine.

Too complex and doesn't make sense for Nola. Why would Kyrie and Butler want to stay there?

Also think the Spurs want a different kind if package. I think Toronto is a dark horse, I could potentially see Lowry being traded for Kawhi.

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2018, 12:30:21 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
If this season Davis becomes disenfranchised and other then cap fillers, New Orleans just wanted Tatum...would you do it? Do you think Ainge and Wyc would pull the trigger?

I know this topic has been exhausted but given Tatum’s rapid rise I’d love to gauge peoples opinions again.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 12:40:25 AM by slightly biased bias fan »

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2018, 12:32:39 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The problem is that we don’t have cap fillers.

But in a hypothetical world, yes.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2018, 12:59:50 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Without a shadow of a doubt. I think Tatum is a phenomenal prospect, and will be a perennial All-Star. That being said, I don't think he'll reach the ridiculous level Anthony Davis is playing at.

Over the last 2 seasons, AD has averaged 28.1/11.4/2.2/2.4/1.4 on 52/32/81 splits.

How about after DMC went down, AD averaged 30/12/2/3/2. Basically what he averaged in the playoffs too. When AD is the sole big he is hands down the best big man in the league, and does it on both ends of the court. He's also put two healthy seasons up in a row.

This conversation doesn't really do anything though, as we'd have to trade Kyrie alongside JT for salary (or Brown, Morris, Rozier, and Yabu).
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2018, 01:06:11 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
No. There is a chance that Tatum is the next Durant. Not a small chance, a larger than average chance. Anyone with eyes who saw Tatum do what he did during the season then during the playoffs knows superstardom is in his future

Also Tatum is cost controlled.

Also Tatum doesn't have the injury history of davis.

Most execs around the league believe Tatum is untradeable

« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2018, 01:21:05 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I think it is becoming a harder decision as time goes on, it looks like Tatum may be 6'10-11 in shoes and could be still growing. Paul George is around the 6'9-10 range and here we can see he is obviously taller than him.

« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2018, 01:38:54 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
No. There is a chance that Tatum is the next Durant. Not a small chance, a larger than average chance. Anyone with eyes who saw Tatum do what he did during the season then during the playoffs knows superstardom is in his future

There is not a larger than average chance that Tatum becomes arguably the best scorer post-2000.

« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2018, 03:23:09 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Yes.

We already have Hayward in a redundant position.
Slide Horford to PF.
Start Davis at C.

Win baby win.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2018, 03:27:19 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

There is not a larger than average chance that Tatum becomes arguably the best scorer post-2000.
why not? Tatums the best wing prospect in the past 5 years of drafts.  That doesn’t guarantee anything but certainly increases his chances of being the next Durant. Tatum can score from anywhere on the floor, so why would he have. Problem being the next great scorer in the nba?

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2018, 04:23:18 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
This seems like the type of trade that both teams would be hesitant to pull the trigger on but ultimately both teams would be happy they did.

Potential at his age, Tatum is as good as there is in this league.

Talent at his age, Davis is arguably the best right now.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2018, 05:47:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

why not? Tatums the best wing prospect in the past 5 years of drafts.  That doesn’t guarantee anything but certainly increases his chances of being the next Durant. Tatum can score from anywhere on the floor, so why would he have. Problem being the next great scorer in the nba?
Because 'larger than average chance' suggests that it's more likely than not that JT develops into a scorer of Durant's caliber. Which is simply not true. Kevin Durant is a top 5 all time scorer per game, and is a 7 foot tall wing with guard ball handling skills. I would say he's the best scorer we've seen since MJ.

There is so much that would have to go right for JT to achieve that level of scoring that I think it is simply incorrect to say that the chance is anything above small. Plus, on a team with as many scoring options as we have, like KI - a proven championship level scorer - or Hayward - a proven number 1 option on a #5 seed in the West - alongside JB and Al, it is hard to foresee Tatum getting much higher than 25ppg