Author Topic: Cousins has 16 techs before the All-Star break  (Read 2041 times)

Cousins has 16 techs before the All-Star break
« on: February 12, 2017, 02:49:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Chris Mannix: That Cousins has 16 techs before the All-Star break is troubling. Kings trying to make playoffs. Every other tech from now on, it’s a game. 5 days ago – via Twitter ChrisMannixYS

This guy is not a "pro".  Like a big baby with skills playing basketball

Celtics should not pursue him if available... Asking him to not get another technical for the rest of the season will be near impossible

Re: Cousins has 16 techs before the All-Star break
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 02:52:50 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Chris Mannix: That Cousins has 16 techs before the All-Star break is troubling. Kings trying to make playoffs. Every other tech from now on, it’s a game. 5 days ago – via Twitter ChrisMannixYS

Celtics should not pursue him if available... Asking him to not get another technical for the rest of the season will be near impossible
Yep, he is a talented baby.  And as Scal said the other night, the Kings seemed to be happy to play without him against the C's.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 02:56:47 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Yep, he is a talented baby.  And as Scal said the other night, the Kings seemed to be happy to play without him against the C's.

They're a better team without him.

So are we.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 03:02:24 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

They're a better team without him.

So are we.

How do you figure that? They're 4-14 without him over the past two seasons (a 0.222 win percentage that would put them solidly as the 2nd worst team in the league this season, and closer to the Nets than the current 2nd place Suns)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 03:16:47 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Unless this guy commits a murder, you do whatever you can to get him on your team if he's available.  Maturity goes hand in hand with the environment one develops in.  Danny should do whatever it takes to get him if he's available.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 03:38:32 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 03:27:15 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I don't let all these noise cloud my judgement so much so that I'm unable to see that (his) talent vastly outweigh behavioral issues.  This guy said it best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbaONoSO8rM

and this old article about him...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/1222474-demarcus-cousins-peeling-back-the-layers-kings-big-man-is-laid-back-and-loveable
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 03:37:53 PM by Clench123 »

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 03:36:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I am Danny? I am not taking a chance on this loose cannon.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 05:54:04 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Yesterday I heard a story about a famous player in football who was a big headache for a losing team. They traded him to a winning team, and he changed overnight into a model player. I can't remember the guy's name right now, but I immediately thought of Cousins. You have to be careful about concluding anything about a player's bad attitude on a losing team. Maybe he's just frustrated he never played for a winner. The guy just wants to win.

Belichick, by the way, has been known to get players like that. Of course, he has an uncanny  knack for knowing which players will fit on the Patriots, including draftees.