Author Topic: a trade is coming  (Read 12827 times)

Re: a trade is coming
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2016, 03:23:05 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
First off, Hunter is really not that great.

When you compare per 36 numbers, Hunter only leads scoring by a little bit, and that's probably because he shoots more FGA/3PA.

I would say throw both away, but keep Young out of the two, if you had to, only because he's younger, left handed, and definitely has a smoother stroke/higher release point, and can definitely bulk up. I'm not convinced R.J. Molasses Hunter can seriously become more effective bulking up, he's slow as Young, and he's already twice as less heavier than Young, (185 vs 215.)

His passing has been proclaimed as useful, but all he does is make smart bounce passes on the pick and roll, which any competent passing point/shooting guard should be able to make.

Maybe, I'm far too darn critical. But I'm not convinced when people hate on Young, but don't hate on Hunter for similar reasons. Hunter is 23, and is never going to develop handles where he can blow by defenders, and put them on skates. That just isn't feasible or reasonable to expect of. But I will say his keen ability to play basketball without nervousness, and fluidity as a seasoned player or 'coaches,' son can only attribute on the hardwood floor. Young is still lacking in maturity, growth, development, but has the length, shooting stroke, ability to score, and nothing to lose at this point, except an roster spot, which I believe Ainge will give to Young over Hunter any time of the day. Hunter can be used as trade bait or trade fodder/sweetener for a 3 way team trade. GSW may be interested?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2016, 04:17:28 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

When you compare per 36 numbers, Hunter only leads scoring by a little bit, and that's probably because he shoots more FGA/3PA.

I would say throw both away, but keep Young out of the two, if you had to, only because he's younger, left handed, and definitely has a smoother stroke/higher release point, and can definitely bulk up. I'm not convinced R.J. Molasses Hunter can seriously become more effective bulking up, he's slow as Young, and he's already twice as less heavier than Young, (185 vs 215.)

His passing has been proclaimed as useful, but all he does is make smart bounce passes on the pick and roll, which any competent passing point/shooting guard should be able to make.

Maybe, I'm far too darn critical. But I'm not convinced when people hate on Young, but don't hate on Hunter for similar reasons. Hunter is 23, and is never going to develop handles where he can blow by defenders, and put them on skates. That just isn't feasible or reasonable to expect of. But I will say his keen ability to play basketball without nervousness, and fluidity as a seasoned player or 'coaches,' son can only attribute on the hardwood floor. Young is still lacking in maturity, growth, development, but has the length, shooting stroke, ability to score, and nothing to lose at this point, except an roster spot, which I believe Ainge will give to Young over Hunter any time of the day. Hunter can be used as trade bait or trade fodder/sweetener for a 3 way team trade. GSW may be interested?

:o How can anyone even want to keep Young at this point?  Forget about comparing him with Hunter for now - Young can't even dribble with his strong hand, has made no progress since he was drafted, and the most consistent thing about him is his constantly changing hairdo ::).

As far as Hunter is concerned, it looks like he has already put on upper body weight, although it appears that he skipped leg day, lol ;D, and his passing is much better than you make it sound, imo.  It's not just bounce passes on the pick and roll, it's his great passes that are largely missed because the guy who receives it doesn't make the basket, lol ;D. Ugh. He does have excellent court vision, though, imo, and while he doesn't have much of a handle, at least he can come off of picks, which Young, amazingly, still doesn't know how to do ::), and the effort is there on defense, where his length creates problems, imo.  Didn't you see him get into it with Booker and block his shot?  I know that it was just summer league, but that was great to see, imo, and I do think that RJ could definitely help us, this year, but I doubt that he plays and probably gets traded or cut, like you said :-\. #thehardtimesofrjhunter ;D

If Young is kept instead of him, though, I mean...wow.  That would be hilarious, and not in a good way.  Hunter would probably thrive in Golden State, but who knows.

« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2016, 04:57:30 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

:o How can anyone even want to keep Young at this point?  Forget about comparing him with Hunter for now - Young can't even dribble with his strong hand, has made no progress since he was drafted, and the most consistent thing about him is his constantly changing hairdo ::).

As far as Hunter is concerned, it looks like he has already put on upper body weight, although it appears that he skipped leg day, lol ;D, and his passing is much better than you make it sound, imo.  It's not just bounce passes on the pick and roll, it's his great passes that are largely missed because the guy who receives it doesn't make the basket, lol ;D. Ugh. He does have excellent court vision, though, imo, and while he doesn't have much of a handle, at least he can come off of picks, which Young, amazingly, still doesn't know how to do ::), and the effort is there on defense, where his length creates problems, imo.  Didn't you see him get into it with Booker and block his shot?  I know that it was just summer league, but that was great to see, imo, and I do think that RJ could definitely help us, this year, but I doubt that he plays and probably gets traded or cut, like you said :-\. #thehardtimesofrjhunter ;D

If Young is kept instead of him, though, I mean...wow.  That would be hilarious, and not in a good way.  Hunter would probably thrive in Golden State, but who knows.
Prob will keep the roster as-is and cut a couple guys like Hunter, Young, etc

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2016, 07:42:33 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
Why hasn't Jaylen signed by now? All our other picks have some sort of contract/stash plan worked out. And with Green and Zeller now in the mix again, why wait any longer?

more intriguing is why is Jaylen in LA today? Vacation? Business?

Dudes big on education. He may have just been taking some classes at UCal.

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2016, 08:07:08 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Keep Young because he's left-handed? This is not baseball.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2016, 08:18:10 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Young is gone.  There are no minutes for him on the big-league roster and it is pointless to keep him in the D-league for another year.  I would like to keep him because he is still very young, but I just don't see it at this point.

I also don't see why partially guaranteeing Ben Bentil means a trade is coming.  But I guess anything the team does from now until forever will mean a trade is coming.

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2016, 08:21:30 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Young is gone.  There are no minutes for him on the big-league roster and it is pointless to keep him in the D-league for another year.  I would like to keep him because he is still very young, but I just don't see it at this point.

I also don't see why partially guaranteeing Ben Bentil means a trade is coming.  But I guess anything the team does from now until forever will mean a trade is coming.

You have to let go. You and many others that want to keep Young because he is young. C'mon man - the kid CAN'T PLAY. Let it go.

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2016, 02:53:09 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
I don't know what it is or who it is but with the signings or gerald green and tyler seller we have 16 guaranteed contracts on a 15 man roster.

Alternatively, you could interpret those signings as ensuring veteran depth for a playoff run. Jaylen Brown has a chance to be special, but they want to be in the ECF this year.

Having said that, no GM or PoBO takes action without accounting for the range of possible outcomes.

My guess is olynyk and ab or crowder is gone.

Those are core guys, so the return had dam' sure better be unrefusable.

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2016, 03:00:03 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111

You have to let go. You and many others that want to keep Young because he is young. C'mon man - the kid CAN'T PLAY. Let it go.

I think he can play. But it's now the wrong part of the cycle, so the door is closing on him playing for Boston. I think that that's true for Hunter - who can definitely play - as well.

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2016, 03:09:50 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Gerald green at 18 was better than Young is now.

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2016, 12:57:41 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
At dunking but not shooting. Young is coming around. I think DA added some competition to push Young to focus. Time will tell. I know I have been one to defend him on this board. We shall see. Looks like Sullinger got the memo and is getting in shape with Lowry.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2016, 01:06:56 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
At dunking but not shooting. Young is coming around. I think DA added some competition to push Young to focus. Time will tell. I know I have been one to defend him on this board. We shall see. Looks like Sullinger got the memo and is getting in shape with Lowry.

it sucks Sully is getting the memo now rather than when he was with us. He could've been paid more if that was the case in my honest opinion. He has talent and very good skills and I would say an elite rebounder. It seems to me during playoffs, he was "out of gas". But then again, last summer he lost weight too, just to gain it back during the season.

Young on the other hand, I agree with you the competition may help him focus. But it also could mean he couldn't take the challenge. 3rd year man, and he's competing roster spots with this year's draft. I keep using he's young excuse but to be fair, he's been a professional for 3 years, young or not, experienced should've helped him.

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2016, 01:11:25 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
You think Young is way more important than he really is.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2016, 01:16:38 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
You think Young is way more important than he really is.

Yeah he just needs more than one player that can play SF.  If Young improves fine but he has had competition, and opportunity, since he arrived.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2016, 01:21:51 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
I think Young is gone.  Kid just can't play. He has an extremely low WT-FG rating (watch the f game).  Stats can't capture it.  He's Bender-esque. He's the worst player on a roster with 17 guaranteed contracts.