Author Topic: Aaron Baynes talks about what happened this season  (Read 4477 times)

Re: Aaron Baynes talks about what happened this season
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2019, 11:15:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I swear the more players speak out it just sounds like it was Kyrie vs Brad.

I doubt it. 

More likely they are commenting about how the rest of the team didn't buy in.  As much as people want to make Kyrie the enemy, there's mountains of evidence that Rozier was a whiney little turd all season, Jaylen was a problem for half of the season,  MOrris was gunning for a contract, Tatum lost interest knowing he's trade bait, etc.

And who bears responsibility for getting the supporting players, especially the younger ones, to buy in?

The players themselves?

I'm sorry. This isn't pre-school. This is the NBA. This is their job and they make millions of dollars to do it. If they need their hands held to that level, then that's a red flag.

Does this apply to Kyrie? Why does he seem to always get a pass with some? Uneasy lies the head. He wanted to lead then he gets a lion share of the blame. He also went out and threw his teammates under the bus. That doesnt help.

Literally never said it didn't. Don't put words in my mouth.

My post did not claim you said anything. My post asked a simple question. Does your observation and standard for NBA millionaires apply to Kyrie Irving?

Well... duh, it does. Your post implied that I was excluding him which I never said nor intimated.

I've written multiple times on this board that Kyrie isn't free of blame for this season. I can't make people comprehend it though.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 10:56:27 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I swear the more players speak out it just sounds like it was Kyrie vs Brad. I mean for like 4 years it has always looked like it was Brads team until last season.

I don't think Kyrie was the sole issue in the locker room.  Hayward was singled out for quite a bit of resentment, even though he came off the bench and kept his mouth shut.

Difficult situation for Hayward. Pals with the coach. Coming back from major injury. Thrust into starting lineup  without competition, after rookies led team to East finals the previous year. Play the money atitude of management? Some racial overtones here, though Kyrie was partly in same boat, coming back from injury down the stretch. Some Rozier resentment, but less justified in my view. Players should know their roles. You wonder if they did.

I'm concerned about the racial element, and Ainge/Stevens have to take care of that with some changes in the coaching and administration staff, as suggested by that Globe beat writer.

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2019, 11:11:19 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I swear the more players speak out it just sounds like it was Kyrie vs Brad. I mean for like 4 years it has always looked like it was Brads team until last season.

I don't think Kyrie was the sole issue in the locker room.  Hayward was singled out for quite a bit of resentment, even though he came off the bench and kept his mouth shut.

Difficult situation for Hayward. Pals with the coach. Coming back from major injury. Thrust into starting lineup  without competition, after rookies led team to East finals the previous year. Play the money atitude of management? Some racial overtones here, though Kyrie was partly in same boat, coming back from injury down the stretch. Some Rozier resentment, but less justified in my view. Players should know their roles. You wonder if they did.

I'm concerned about the racial element, and Ainge/Stevens have to take care of that with some changes in the coaching and administration staff, as suggested by that Globe beat writer.
We already have several problems that we need to address this offseason without making up ridiculous accusations of racism. Absolute nonsense.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum