Author Topic: ***March Madness***  (Read 80832 times)

Re: ***March Madness***
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2015, 11:15:28 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Dekker is the next Klay Thompson

He reminds me of a more mobile/less physical Van Horn.

« Reply #226 on: April 04, 2015, 11:15:39 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Maybe Stein will fall to us now!  ;)

« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2015, 11:17:28 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I'm shattered....
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2015, 11:20:27 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Sam Dekker seems to be the more sure-fire prospect than Frank Kaminsky at this point.

Why?  I get why FranKam isn't a top 3 pick, but how can he not be a lock for the top 10.  The latest NBADraft.net projection had him going at 17.

Mike

« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2015, 11:21:23 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I feel for the UK kids, but I'm glad that Coach Cal won't go undefeated (at least until the wins get vacated in a few years).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2015, 11:23:25 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
That was a really good game.

I'm with Roy, feel for the Kentucky kids, happy Coach Cal lost. Guy is an arrogant slimeball.

« Reply #231 on: April 04, 2015, 11:28:57 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Oh please you can't blame Calipari for the Camby and Rose situations. Neither are Calipari's fault. I actually don't blame The players either. You gotta do what you gotta do.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #232 on: April 04, 2015, 11:34:31 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Sam Dekker seems to be the more sure-fire prospect than Frank Kaminsky at this point.

Why?  I get why FranKam isn't a top 3 pick, but how can he not be a lock for the top 10.  The latest NBADraft.net projection had him going at 17.

Mike

Well, Dekker looked like the better player on tonights game, against a team full of NBA prospects. He seem to have shined as bright, if not brighter over his teammate tonight. It looked like he can fair well against athletic wings and bigs, and he also looked like he has the kind of game that would not be fazed when the moment gets big.

Kaminsky looked very good, but could still probably struggle against NBA bigs. Dekker showed that he may very well can play against NBA level wings (of course not against LeBron or KD, who can, but this game showed that he could).
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #233 on: April 04, 2015, 11:36:22 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Disappointed Kentucky lost. It would have been just that much sweeter when Duke won the National Championship knocking off an undefeated (albeit overrated) Kentucky squad.

Oh well, beating Wisconsin will have to do, I guess.

« Reply #234 on: April 04, 2015, 11:39:24 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Disappointed Kentucky lost. It would have been just that much sweeter when Duke won the National Championship knocking off an undefeated (albeit overrated) Kentucky squad.

I'm rooting for Duke, but if both teams play their best game, I think Wisconsin is a little better.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #235 on: April 04, 2015, 11:45:11 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Mike

Well, Dekker looked like the better player on tonights game, against a team full of NBA prospects. He seem to have shined as bright, if not brighter over his teammate tonight. It looked like he can fair well against athletic wings and bigs, and he also looked like he has the kind of game that would not be fazed when the moment gets big.

Kaminsky looked very good, but could still probably struggle against NBA bigs. Dekker showed that he may very well can play against NBA level wings (of course not against LeBron or KD, who can, but this game showed that he could).

But Dekker is a junior and the only thing he really improved on from his sophomore season was shooting the ball better.  If Dekker were a one and done, that might explain it but would Dekker even have been drafted if he came out last year?

Mike

« Reply #236 on: April 04, 2015, 11:54:03 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Mike

But Dekker is a junior and the only thing he really improved on from his sophomore season was shooting the ball better.  If Dekker were a one and done, that might explain it but would Dekker even have been drafted if he came out last year?

Mike

If you watch him play, he is clearly a NBA player. Reggie Miller even mentioned there was a reason he was invited to the Kevin Durant basketball camp last year, this kids a player!

« Reply #237 on: April 04, 2015, 11:57:15 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I'm rooting for Duke, but if both teams play their best game, I think Wisconsin is a little better.

Duke has been in a class of their own in this tourney, I doubt anyone could beat them if they play their best game.   Okafor and Winslow are just too much for anyone on Wisconsin to handle. And their backcourt is really strong (underrated) too.

Duke didn't even play all that good today, by their standards, and still spanked Michigan St. I doubt we'll see Duke only make 2 three-pointers again. That almost never happens.

Of course, I am obviously biased.

« Reply #238 on: April 05, 2015, 12:14:11 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Duke will smash Wisconsin. Winslow and Okafor will thrash them inside.

Sorry Badgers.

Dekker will be a solid player in the league..

« Reply #239 on: April 05, 2015, 12:33:43 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Dekker is the next Klay Thompson

He reminds me of a more mobile/less physical Van Horn.

Van Horn wasn't nearly the ball handler or passer that Dekker is though, never mind Sam's post play.