Author Topic: Hinrich for Marion  (Read 12126 times)

Hinrich for Marion
« on: July 07, 2008, 09:02:51 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
This is a rumour that I think might have a slight chance of happening, I actually don't have any sources but heard it from a mate of mine (bulls fan), it's basically Shawn Marion for Kirk Hinrich (although not straight up) as Miami is looking for a point and Bulls are trying to offload a point. Kind of makes sense to me but does anyone think Marion will actually fit in Chicago?
Anything is possible!!!

Re: Hinrich for Marion
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 09:13:50 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
The player the Bulls ought to be trying to move is Gordon, not Hinrich.  Gordon doesn't pass or defend.

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:53:46 AM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
Marion is one of the league's 20-30 best players.  Hinrich is a decent sorta-point guard.  Riles would have to be on stupid pills.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 10:59:09 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think Marion is worth more.

But a straight up deal doesn't work.

But these deals work

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1981~3224~3028~510&teams=14~14~14~4&te=&cash=

Gives the Heat a starting PG and C.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1981~2456~510&teams=14~14~4&te=&cash=

Allows the Bulls to clear 18 + million next year and gives Miami a PG and SF.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1981~356~70~510&teams=14~14~4~4&te=&cash=

Just because I love putting Blount in trades. 

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 04:45:22 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2405
Pat Riley is fast becoming a nut-job. He's becoming obsessed over little things like having a top point guard or Beasley's minor character issues. He needs to get his head together before he ruins a good thing. He's almost done it once this summer. Hopefully their GM Pfund can keep him on track again.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 04:58:50 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I don't think that Chi can afford to trade their Center (Noah) so if this thing is real, Marion for Hinrich and Nocioni is probably how it goes down.  I am not sure how Marion fits in for Chi and Hinrich is overpaid so it both works and has problems going each way.  I think I do this trade though both ways.

Does Marion have a no trade clause?  If so, he won't want to go to what will be left of the Chi team.

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 05:07:11 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
If the heat wait, Marion's value will go up and some near contender will make a deal for him that might actually help the heat!
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 05:09:41 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I'm no Marion fan (my understanding of him is that he's a complete basket case), but given his on-court production, it's very hard for me to envision Hinrich as the sort of "elite point guard" for which the Heat have reportedly been dangling him.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 05:12:32 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Why would the Heat do this?  Hinrich was pretty bad last year, and Marion will be out of his contract next year keeping them in place for 2010.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2008, 05:33:56 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Yeah I think it's safe to say that the Bulls made a mistake with giving Hinrich all that money.  Cause he showed last year that he really didn't deserve it.  However though, I will give him a chance this year to prove me wrong.  It could've just been an off year.

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 05:27:05 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
I just don't see why the Heat would trade Marion for Hinrich.  It is a great deal for Chicago, but how does it help Miami?

It isn't like Marion isn't perfectly capable of playing SF. 

If the deal is for Hinrich, they should offer Udonis Haslem and Marcus Banks for him. 

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 05:32:49 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
The Heat would do it in a hearbeat.  Marion is a free agent next year, while Hinrich is younger and under contract until 2012. Plus, the Heat need a point guard (Mario Chalmers is a nice backup, but that's about it) and are well stocked at the pf position with cheaper players like Beasley and Udonis Haslem.

No brainer for Miami.  The question is what Chi is willing to throw in to make the salaries match.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 05:36:02 PM »

Offline Montrossity

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
The player the Bulls ought to be trying to move is Gordon, not Hinrich.  Gordon doesn't pass or defend.

Couldnt agree more.  I am sick of people defending him when he is such a one dimensional player.  They would be a better team without him and there are enough stupid teams who would be willing to pay a decent amount for him. 

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 05:43:21 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
The Bulls better watch out. If Baron walks away from that Clippers deal, the Clippers will set all eyes on Deng and Gordon. Even though they are restricted, the Bulls don't want to match a huge contract. If Marion gets traded there, he might be playing with a bunch of young kids.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 05:47:17 PM »

Offline timepiece33

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 78
The Heat would do it in a hearbeat.  Marion is a free agent next year, while Hinrich is younger and under contract until 2012. Plus, the Heat need a point guard (Mario Chalmers is a nice backup, but that's about it) and are well stocked at the pf position with cheaper players like Beasley and Udonis Haslem.

No brainer for Miami.  The question is what Chi is willing to throw in to make the salaries match.

It's a no brainer to a PG with a 4 year contract coming off a poor year?

The guy had a career year from a shooting percentage standpoint, cashed in, and reverted back to average play.  $11+MM for a 13 PER PG with a 4 year commitment.