Author Topic: Brian Scalabrine for Steven Hunter  (Read 9903 times)

Re: Brian Scalabrine for Steven Hunter
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 01:41:42 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
As for Scal improving his shot. The thing you don't understand is that Scal is a good shooter. He's just incredibly bad with pressure.

How is that possible?  Doesn't he have Larry's brain type?  ::)

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
This is going to freak some of you out, but if we don't re-sign  Posey, I think Scal is likely to play a much bigger role next season.  If Scal could improve his 3 point shot to the neighborhood of Posey, we could get similar production from him. I know that is a big if, but Scal is a good defender, especially against 4's. Neither of them are noted rebounders. I know this is not what you want to hear, fresh off a championship, but I could see Scal getting alot more minutes next season without Posey.

I think too many people are focusing too much on the idea of 'replacing' Posey if he doesn't re-sign.  There are no other Posey's out there right now.  So if that happens, then Danny needs to re-tool the team a little bit.  That may well include a larger role for Scal because he does do some of the intangible stuff.  It also may mean re-signing Tony Allen who going a different root and bringing in a scorer - though I still doubt we get Maggette.

Bottom line, if Posey leaves this will be a much different team next year.  Maybe the end result will be close to the same, but they'll need to play a little different style in order to get there.

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 08:15:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
no.. if you want to trade scal you do it next year. his expiring contract next year would be huge. esp since 2010 has a lot of marquee FAs
His 3.5 million expiring contract will be huge? Nah, I don't think so.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 08:32:37 PM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I like Scal, he's kind of underrated I think (especially on CB lol), but I would want Steven Hunter in a green jersey, I think he's a great shot blocker and pretty good rebounder.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 08:40:08 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
lots of teams would trade for that 3.5m expiring contract next year. teams would be freeing up a lot of salry cap space for the marquee FA's of 2010, and there are lots of them.

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 08:41:35 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Why would Denver make this trade? 

If they are thinking about trading Camby, wouldn't they want to keep the backup C?

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 09:08:31 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
no.. if you want to trade scal you do it next year. his expiring contract next year would be huge. esp since 2010 has a lot of marquee FAs

could be worth a draft pick
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 10:15:24 PM »

Offline Greg37

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Ainge shouldn't have signed him in the first place.  He looked real good
in civvies during the finals.  That is where he should be.  He is the 13th
man on a good team. 

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 01:38:01 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

could be worth a draft pick
This doesn't quite qualify as huge in my book. Wally and Ratliff were huge -- they had salaries big enough to land us two All-Stars.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."