Author Topic: Lets play the role of Chris Mullin  (Read 6934 times)

Re: Lets play the role of Chris Mullin
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 10:47:04 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
It's quite easy to play this game:

Resign Monta and Biedrins.

Trade Steph and Al for expirings, young players with upside and picks. I have no idea what can they get for them though.

I'm assuming your not aware of the dire situation GS is already in... Expiring contracts? There total payroll is that of Kendrick Perkins and KG!

Plus, Steph and AL only have 2 years left on their contracts already

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

I'm fully aware of their salary situation (and the total payroll is misleading - they have to resign Ellis and Biedrins). What's the problem with having expirings? It keeps your options open, you have even more cap space next season, you can make a trade for a star at the trade deadline, you suck during a season to get a good lottery pick, you have the cash and the picks to get another good pick or to move up.

Where are they going with Tinsley, Randolph, Jackson, Harrington? They join the bad apples from 3 non-playoffs teams and then what? Why spending the money?

Rebuild. Biendrins, Ellis, youngsters, plenty of draft picks, plenty of cap space, a team bad enough to have a high chance of winning the lottery. One of the few teams with space next year to play or/and the team with more space in 2010. Not a bad situation to be.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 10:53:03 PM by cordobes »

Re: Lets play the role of Chris Mullin
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 10:58:16 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
you can't just trade cash for players if thats what you are suggesting....

And I think any GM who trades for Tinsley will be immediately fired, unless he dumps a really, really big albatross contract. 

He's a solid point guard and a questionable person...

If he was that, it'd be easy for the Pacers to trade him. I believe they'll bought him out. He's a gangster who's always injured because he doesn't care enough to take care of his conditioning.
There was a story on the Pacers website about Tinsley's injury situation a few years ago.

Jamaal Tinsley has an odd level of bone density (I can't remember if it's large or small, think large) throughout his body which they think causes his body to recover from injuries at different rates from most people, also makes him more vulnerable to injuries. It's why he takes so long to get back into action.

Donnie Walsh has said Tinsley does everything possible to get back and to stay in shape.

He's just an injury prone player. It has nothing to do with not wanting it enough to take care of himself. Just injury prone.