Author Topic: Jackie mac: "Celtics have different vibe because of kembas leadership"  (Read 6844 times)

Re: Jackie mac: "Celtics have different vibe because of kembas leadership"
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 07:48:23 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Ok, so please Riddle me this, Batman....

If Kyrie Irving is a Team Killer then why did Danny Ainge have an infatuation with him...basically sold the farm for him...gave up a LOVABLE player for him (won't name this player but he was in BOS last night with the Wiz)..............gave up the 8th pick for him (gee I wonder who we could've drafted with that pick....................gave up Jae Crowder............

...........and NOW? Things didn't go our way...GH blows out his ankle :'( :'(.........and we want to play pin the tail on the Kyrie.

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 07:55:53 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
I'm going to beat a dead horse so go ahead and call PETA if you want.

I wish we could move on from pinning the blame on ONE person. Kyrie Irving deserves SOME of the blame, BUT..............

I believe Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown had some over-inflated egos because of our IMPROBABLE run in 2017-18...couldn't smell themselves....looked at Kyrie and MAYBE didn't want to fall in line.....

Big Al's quiet leadership....not always the best way.

As Marcus Smart alluded to in his interview with ESPN a few months ago....this isn't all on Kyrie. And NO I don't believe Smart is taking the high road.

Marcus Smart is a straight shooter.

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 08:00:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

If Kyrie Irving is a Team Killer then why did Danny Ainge have an infatuation with him...basically sold the farm for him...gave up a LOVABLE player for him (won't name this player but he was in BOS last night with the Wiz)..............gave up the 8th pick for him (gee I wonder who we could've drafted with that pick....................gave up Jae Crowder............

...........and NOW? Things didn't go our way...GH blows out his ankle :'( :'(.........and we want to play pin the tail on the Kyrie.

Kyrie’s behaviors changed a lot from his first year to his second.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 08:02:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Jackie doesn't have a history of being negative towards individuals or going after certain players. So anything negative regarding Kyrie I would tend to believe there is more than something to it. I am more than comfortable accepting her sotries on face value. She's been one of the best reporters in the business for a long time now, and well and truly above having to stoop to click bait hot takes for readers (ESPN though, not so much).

And this is exactly why ESPN hired her, they knew she would be able to say whatever she wants and people would believe it regardless, based on nothing but her past reputation.

But make no mistake, Jackie stopped being a real journalist and became 'Jackie Hack' a long time ago. She isn't above resorting g to click bait, that's literally almost all she does anymore, it's what she was hired by ESPN to do. But I don't fault her for cashing in on her name. Working local beat reports isn't that lucrative, comparatively.
For as quickly as many are to believe Jackie, you seem just as quick to disregard all she has to offer nowadays because you think she's a hack. This isn't the first time you've painted her in this light too. Weird

If Jackie wrote a glowing article about some Dukies, my guess is that her credibility would rise in KGK’s eyes. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2019, 08:06:56 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

I wish we could move on from pinning the blame on ONE person. Kyrie Irving deserves SOME of the blame, BUT..............

I believe Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown had some over-inflated egos because of our IMPROBABLE run in 2017-18...couldn't smell themselves....looked at Kyrie and MAYBE didn't want to fall in line.....

As Marcus Smart alluded to in his interview with ESPN a few months ago....this isn't all on Kyrie. And NO I don't believe Smart is taking the high road.

Kyrie and Al out. Kemba and Kanter (just 56 total minutes) in, and we immediately get better.
It is pretty clear that Kemba is a better player than Kyrie.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2019, 08:19:58 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1764
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, this was a major part of it for sure. We all know how he felt up until the beginning of last season.

Of course if Hayward never blew out his ankle and/or Kyrie was available for our improbable playoff run, things may have ended differently.

I also agree with GF on some of the issues. The young guys (Rozier, Brown, Tatum) and Morris probably had the wrong attitudes going into the 2018-19 season. I also think Horford escapes any blame, but as our max veteran leader on and off the court, he could have done more. I mean, where were the escape room and bowling parties then? Everybody played a little part in it by not being more forthcoming, but Kyrie being 'prickly' and wanting out was primarily on Kyrie.

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2019, 08:26:28 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Jackie doesn't have a history of being negative towards individuals or going after certain players. So anything negative regarding Kyrie I would tend to believe there is more than something to it. I am more than comfortable accepting her sotries on face value. She's been one of the best reporters in the business for a long time now, and well and truly above having to stoop to click bait hot takes for readers (ESPN though, not so much).

And this is exactly why ESPN hired her, they knew she would be able to say whatever she wants and people would believe it regardless, based on nothing but her past reputation.

But make no mistake, Jackie stopped being a real journalist and became 'Jackie Hack' a long time ago. She isn't above resorting g to click bait, that's literally almost all she does anymore, it's what she was hired by ESPN to do. But I don't fault her for cashing in on her name. Working local beat reports isn't that lucrative, comparatively.
For as quickly as many are to believe Jackie, you seem just as quick to disregard all she has to offer nowadays because you think she's a hack. This isn't the first time you've painted her in this light too. Weird

If Jackie wrote a glowing article about some Dukies, my guess is that her credibility would rise in KGK’s eyes. ;)

Well, you'd be wrong, but I'm also not really concerned what you or anyone else thinks about my motives.

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2019, 08:55:22 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

And no one else's attitudes didn't?

Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown remained the same..........? Don't think so.

No one else started having ulterior motives...bigger contracts...bigger roles?

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2019, 08:57:42 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Kyrie and Al out. Kemba and Kanter (just 56 total minutes) in, and we immediately get better.
It is pretty clear that Kemba is a better player than Kyrie.

It is a lot more to it than that.

And as much as I love Kanter he is going to be my Roller Skating partner next time I go out.

When I saw the Wiz last night putting him on skates and going past him I wanted to break out my disco ball.

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2019, 09:49:20 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Don’t want to be a party pooper, but the real test will be when we lose a few games. Easy to be positive when u r on 9 game winning streak.

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2019, 10:34:03 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Don’t want to be a party pooper, but the real test will be when we lose a few games. Easy to be positive when u r on 9 game winning streak.

Hmm, maybe next season. I’m ready to go 81-1 baby!!!
- LilRip

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2019, 10:35:53 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm not really interested in dumping on Kyrie but I don't miss him a bit and I do think Kemba is a much better fit for the personality of the team. Don't underrate that we lost a couple guys gunning for their next contract too, though.

That said the hot start shouldn't be taken as the only evidence of it - we started 16-2 in Kyrie's first year here. The proof will be in how we do in the longer-term and especially in the playoffs where adversity is inevitable. This 5 game road trip will be a good start to seeing how we deal with that.

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2019, 10:56:27 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I think its blatantly obvious that the vibe is different. 

They're 10 games in and they already seem to have mid-season chemistry.  That's a very positive sign for things going forward.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2019, 11:10:58 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Kyrie is in his own flat world..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2019, 11:32:24 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Jackie MacMullen has a Kyrie fetish.

Jackie knows what her audience wants to hear.  It's all about the clicks.
doesn't mean she's wrong on this

It doesn't really matter.  Being right or wrong isn't her job nor her aim.

Gotta agree with this. She’s been pushing the Kyrie Hate button over and over.

Except when she was pumping the "Poor Misunderstood Kyrie vs the Disrespectful Young Celtics" narrative for him several months ago.

I don't know what to think of Jackie anymore.  She used to be a great beat reporter.  Now she just seems like a 'story' teller, pushing narratives.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.