Author Topic: Does one's shooting percentage increase after a good move/play?  (Read 4698 times)

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
For example, after a successful crossover, successful head-fake, or receiving a fantastic 720°-spin, no-look, between-the-legs bounce pass.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: Does one's shooting percentage increase after a good move/play?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Good question.

I'd be really interested to see if one's shooting percentage increases after scoring on a successful move. Is he more likely to make future shoots?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 06:32:15 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I remember watching a game once and oneof the commentators was like, "when you receive a good pass, you never.. NEVER.. miss the shot."

Come to think of it, the only times I remember someone missing after a nice move is Deron on Rose; he tried to draw the foul instead of making the shot.

I remember even a guy who was shooting 0-for-8 catching a good pass and swishing it home... you feel a little more pressure but not the negative kind when that happens. I don't think I've ever seen Joe Johnson or Jamal Crawford  (or Allen Iverson) missing a jump shot after a crossover.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 06:35:21 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I remember watching a game once and oneof the commentators was like, "when you receive a good pass, you never.. NEVER.. miss the shot."

Must vary depending on the level of competition, though. I missed 3 today.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 06:55:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Moves get you open, guys usually shoot better when they are open and uncontested.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 06:57:22 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

Come to think of it, the only times I remember someone missing after a nice move is Deron on Rose; he tried to draw the foul instead of making the shot.

I remember even a guy who was shooting 0-for-8 catching a good pass and swishing it home... you feel a little more pressure but not the negative kind when that happens. I don't think I've ever seen Joe Johnson or Jamal Crawford  (or Allen Iverson) missing a jump shot after a crossover.

That's because you only see the highlights.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Moves get you open, guys usually shoot better when they are open and uncontested.

I think it has less to do with how open they are and more of their confidence.

If you just pull off a sick move and break someone's ankles, your confidence sours up.

Confidence is what separates good players and great players.
I like Marcus Smart