Author Topic: Kings (24-48) at Celtics (46-25) 3/26  (Read 55340 times)

Re: Kings (24-48) at Celtics (46-25) 3/26
« Reply #255 on: March 27, 2010, 12:55:24 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
So as many of you already know I won 2 tickets to the game tonight. Thank you to everyone involved, especially Jeff. We had an awesome time. CelticsBlog or TMobile or whoever was responsible for those seats really outdid themselves.

I got there with my girlfriend expecting to get nosebleed seats. (Wouldn't have been a problem since neither of us have ever been to a game) As it turns out... Each seat at $80 face value, 17th row. It was also pretty cool that other people who won their tickets on CB were seated right next to us. We were all very happy.

Thoughts on my first Celtics game...

- I don't know how loud the Garden normally gets but it didn't seem all that loud compared to some of the games I've been to at Fenway. I don't know what's going on if that was normal, a bad crowd, or if as somebody mentioned earlier maybe the fans have kind of settled with the 2008 banner and are no longer hungry.

- Nate was getting beat up out there. Tough to see the hit he took to the face, the crowd did get loud after they saw that.

- The street performers we saw outside the Garden after the game were amazing.

- My girlfriend and I know one of the Celtics dancers and we didn't even know she was one until we saw her on the court. lol

- Rondo's handles are insane. It was awesome to see him set the Celtic's single season steals record.

- The first half: incredible, second half: not so incredible. Either way it awesome just to be there and to see them get the Division Title.

- Has anybody made a thread for posting pictures and experiences at Celtics games? If not, I plan on starting a new thread tomorrow when I get home from work titled, "The Garden Experience Thread" or something like that. (All of the threads I create start with the word "The" and end with the word "Thread", you would think as a marketing major I would be a little more creative). Anyway, I'll post pictures in that thread and maybe videos if I can find a way to do that... and if the videos I took are even worth it to post. (Digital camera died, was forced to use camera phone.  :-\)

« Reply #256 on: March 27, 2010, 01:18:37 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I'm glad you had fun, MattG12. I'll wait for the pics. Hope you made some noise. :)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #257 on: March 27, 2010, 01:31:04 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
So as many of you already know I won 2 tickets to the game tonight. Thank you to everyone involved, especially Jeff. We had an awesome time. CelticsBlog or TMobile or whoever was responsible for those seats really outdid themselves.

I got there with my girlfriend expecting to get nosebleed seats. (Wouldn't have been a problem since neither of us have ever been to a game) As it turns out... Each seat at $80 face value, 17th row. It was also pretty cool that other people who won their tickets on CB were seated right next to us. We were all very happy.

- I don't know how loud the Garden normally gets but it didn't seem all that loud compared to some of the games I've been to at Fenway. I don't know what's going on if that was normal, a bad crowd, or if as somebody mentioned earlier maybe the fans have kind of settled with the 2008 banner and are no longer hungry.

- Nate was getting beat up out there. Tough to see the hit he took to the face, the crowd did get loud after they saw that.

- My girlfriend and I know one of the Celtics dancers and we didn't even know she was one until we saw her on the court. lol

- Rondo's handles are insane. It was awesome to see him set the Celtic's single season steals record.

- The first half: incredible, second half: not so incredible. Either way it awesome just to be there and to see them get the Division Title.

- Has anybody made a thread for posting pictures and experiences at Celtics games? If not, I plan on starting a new thread tomorrow when I get home from work titled, "The Garden Experience Thread" or something like that. (All of the threads I create start with the word "The" and end with the word "Thread", you would think as a marketing major I would be a little more creative). Anyway, I'll post pictures in that thread and maybe videos if I can find a way to do that... and if the videos I took are even worth it to post. (Digital camera died, was forced to use camera phone.  :-\)

Wow, Bud ... I didn't know that! How did you win them? Sounds like you had a great time ... 17th row are very good seats! Can't wait to see the pics ... and congratulations! ;) (TP)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #258 on: March 27, 2010, 01:49:59 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

Good to know you had an awesome time. : ) And, you said you had seats in the 17th row: which Loge was that for you?

« Reply #259 on: March 27, 2010, 07:56:43 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
To Bahku: I won them on that last little online trivia Jeff sent out on the home page. They were giving away 9 pairs of tickets.

To Tai: Loge - Section 19, Row 17, Seats 20 & 21. Fairly close to the Celtics bench in the corner.

« Reply #260 on: March 27, 2010, 08:58:32 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
another win at home. i will take it. didnt like allowing the kings to hang around but i never thought they would take the game. we really need to hammer the spurs tomorrow