Author Topic: Carsen Edwards (merged threads)  (Read 21379 times)

Carsen Edwards (merged threads)
« on: July 06, 2019, 11:43:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://youtu.be/XPlepxhPL9A

Posts from 76ers forum:

"Traded Grant Williams and Edwards for Thybulle....ripped off by Ainge again"

"Carsen would have been so good for this team sigh"

Delusional homers:

"What u talkin bout.. thybulle looks legit as hell. Hes a covington clone

Grant williams will never hit from 3 like this again. However losing carsen was a massive blunder"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 08:48:28 AM by nickagneta »

Re: Garden Edwards game 1 highlights: 20 pts with ease
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 11:46:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Garden?

Like some have mentioned his style of play is very similar to Eddie House.   Spot up 3, run around screens 3. Get that shot off quickly.  Sort of reminds me of a 6'0 version of Jamal Murray also

Pretty built

Re: Carsen Edwards game 1 highlights: 20 pts with ease
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 12:10:36 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Posts from 76ers forum:

Delusional homers:

Grant williams will never hit from 3 like this again. However losing carsen was a massive blunder"

Still can't believe DA strong armed Thybulle from the Sixers into the 33rd pick.

Never let your picks be known. Celtics FO knew all about Elton Brand's draft promise to Thybulle. Held him for ransom at 20 and took the very player Brand was targeting Carson Edwards at 33.

Underrated heist in DA's career trade record.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 12:42:44 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Edwards is the only prospect I really liked. He actually has an easily translatable skill that the team will be able to use right away. I think Edwards will be playing in the league long after Langford is gone.

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 12:52:16 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Posts from 76ers forum:

Delusional homers:

Still can't believe DA strong armed Thybulle from the Sixers into the 33rd pick.

Never let your picks be known. Celtics FO knew all about Elton Brand's draft promise to Thybulle. Held him for ransom at 20 and took the very player Brand was targeting Carson Edwards at 33.

someone explain this promise to me...who cares if Brand promised a player he would draft him. How does that force Brand to trade assets for that player once someone else took him?

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 01:01:44 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
SL people, calm down, first game at that. Thybulle didn't look bad either btw, 15/6 (4-9 from 3), 1a, 1s and 2 blocks.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 01:17:50 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Edwards took 17 **** shots.  I’d hardly classify that as 20 points with ease.  I think what we found out today is that Edwards is a gunner.  I saw lots of contested threes, which at least in my book isn’t a good thing. 

Is he a good enough scorer to justify his pension for squeezing off shots?  I’m sure we’ll find out.

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 01:23:25 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Posts from 76ers forum:

Delusional homers:

someone explain this promise to me...who cares if Brand promised a player he would draft him. How does that force Brand to trade assets for that player once someone else took him?
It’s not that Brand has to trade for Thybulle to fulfill the promise. It’s that the promise broadcasts to the league that the 76ers love Thybulle so Aimge was able to capitalize on knowing exactly who Philly wanted.

He took him and said if you want your guy you have to trade for him.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 05:45:01 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Carsen will be a part of the rotation this coming season.

Among the 4 rookies picked this year, my money's on Carsen.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 06:47:22 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

OH It's GW without a doubt, high floor low ceiling ready guy , you don't play him now you don't play him forever

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 07:14:41 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Grant Williams looks woefully undersized. He looks more polished because he spent 3 years in college. No one else worried how small he looks huh just me?

Carsen is a trigger happy gunnah. Few times he crossed half court he had tunnel vision. I like his quick release and scappy under your skin defense but he he'll need to learn when and when not to let it fly.

Waters has a nice flow to his game but another undersized guy 😔

Yabu will back in Europe maybe a return to the NBA if he ever gets it. No idea what any of you ever saw in this kid.
ok fine

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 07:43:13 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Grant Williams looks woefully undersized. He looks more polished because he spent 3 years in college. No one else worried how small he looks huh just me?

Carsen is a trigger happy gunnah. Few times he crossed half court he had tunnel vision. I like his quick release and scappy under your skin defense but he he'll need to learn when and when not to let it fly.

Yabu will back in Europe maybe a return to the NBA if he ever gets it. No idea what any of you ever saw in this kid.

He did play a lot of minutes next to Tacko :) but yeah, he is pretty undersized. That didn't seem to be a problem though. He is really good at using his body to keep guys out of stride - of course his strength is no surprise around here.. thought he looked great, and ready for minutes.

Yeah, agree that that was probably Yabu's swan song.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 07:50:11 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

OH It's GW without a doubt, high floor low ceiling ready guy , you don't play him now you don't play him forever

Maybe if the Celts make a move to open up more minutes, but right now Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Smart will get most of the minutes at the 2, 3, and 4 spot.

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2019, 08:38:38 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

He did play a lot of minutes next to Tacko :) but yeah, he is pretty undersized. That didn't seem to be a problem though. He is really good at using his body to keep guys out of stride - of course his strength is no surprise around here.. thought he looked great, and ready for minutes.

Not worried about Grant's size at all.  He is already one of the strongest players in the entire league, and he's smart enough to learn how to use his strength effectively to gain position.

I think what we found out today is that Edwards is a gunner.  I saw lots of contested threes, which at least in my book isn’t a good thing.
Disagree. It's not a good thing only if he can't make them.  ;)

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 08:57:04 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Not worried about Grant's size at all.  He is already one of the strongest players in the entire league, and he's smart enough to learn how to use his strength effectively to gain position.

I think what we found out today is that Edwards is a gunner.  I saw lots of contested threes, which at least in my book isn’t a good thing.
Disagree. It's not a good thing only if he can't make them.  ;)

Yuh, his on-ball defense will probably be fine - he's quite mobile on the perimeter, but he will be outmatched against mobile bigs, down low. He is not Dennis Rodman, he is not Draymond Green.

He boxes out well, but not elite. I think he might be an extremely valuable guy though, despite his limitations, given his contract.

People need to remember that Dray is actually a fairly awful 3 point shooter, he only had one season (15-16) above .340. But GSW have pulled his usage a lot since Durant arrived, so it's hard to know if that 15-16 season could be reduxed.. I guess we will find out this year. His value lies in his passing (elite), team defense (all-time elite, extremely high IQ/feel) and rebounding (solid). If Williams can do that, and be a slightly more valuable offensive weapon, in terms of variety of moves and playmaking ability, this contract will be reaaaally nice.

EDIT: apologies for highjacking a thread about Edwards to talk about GWill
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.