Author Topic: Raptors get Jeremy Lin  (Read 2230 times)

Raptors get Jeremy Lin
« on: February 11, 2019, 02:19:33 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
Good pick up he's great off the bench and can provide decent scoring Torontos team is so different from  last year wow.

Re: Raptors get Jeremy Lin
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 02:20:51 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Toronto and Bucks are so far ahead of Boston right now.

Bucks
Toronto

6ers

Boston

Rest of east

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 02:28:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Yup ....this isn't our year.

i m precdicting Raptors take down GS , if they get by Philly

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 02:30:47 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I would have loved to see him on the C's playing ahead of Rozier.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 02:33:04 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I would have loved to see him on the C's playing ahead of Rozier.

Same.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 02:45:39 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Celtics are heading towards disaster now, imo.

There is obviously discontent in the locker room.
Your #1 guy if becoming a free agent and can leave.
you are looking at trading away bvery valuable young assets for a player who has stated he doesnt want to play here long term

We could very well end up with a poor playoffs, losing Kyrie, trading the farm for AD, losing AD in a year and all youth and pick assets and be on the outside of the playoffs looking

A chance to strike was last offseason/deadline...

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 03:04:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Lin would be on VanVleet, but he should replace what they were getting from Delon Wright before trading him.

I don't see any reason to find doom for the Celtics in the news that the Raptors added Jeremy Lin off a buyout.

With that said, after each move that the Celts' Eastern Conference competitors make to improve their roster for the post-season, I can't help feeling that this season is already, on some level, over for the Celtics. 

They will go through the motions and perhaps win a playoff series, but the next major development for the Celtics franchise won't happen until they can officially engage in trade discussions for Anthony Davis.

I know that there are plenty of reasons to think that this Celtics team is good enough as constructed to play exciting basketball in April and May.

But so far this season I haven't seen much to make me think that the Celts really believe in this team as it is currently constructed.  Half the guys on the roster seem like they'd be happier on a different team in a different role.  Meanwhile the East is much stronger than last year and multiple teams above the Celtics in the standings are sharpening their weapons for the battles to come in the playoffs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 03:42:00 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391
I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Lin would be on VanVleet, but he should replace what they were getting from Delon Wright before trading him.

I don't see any reason to find doom for the Celtics in the news that the Raptors added Jeremy Lin off a buyout.

With that said, after each move that the Celts' Eastern Conference competitors make to improve their roster for the post-season, I can't help feeling that this season is already, on some level, over for the Celtics. 

They will go through the motions and perhaps win a playoff series, but the next major development for the Celtics franchise won't happen until they can officially engage in trade discussions for Anthony Davis.

I know that there are plenty of reasons to think that this Celtics team is good enough as constructed to play exciting basketball in April and May.

But so far this season I haven't seen much to make me think that the Celts really believe in this team as it is currently constructed.  Half the guys on the roster seem like they'd be happier on a different team in a different role.  Meanwhile the East is much stronger than last year and multiple teams above the Celtics in the standings are sharpening their weapons for the battles to come in the playoffs.

I remember your post about the patriots like this a few months back

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 03:43:27 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Big loss for us. lin would have been great option in case of injury or in case rozier is ice cold which Happens

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 03:58:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

This is a fair point.  TP to you.

Maybe the Celts will turn it around.

This team does remind me a lot of the 2010 team.

Then again, the 2010 Celts and the 2018 pats could both say that they'd won a championship before.

This Celtics team doesn't have any such championship pedigree.  Kyrie has won a title, but he's never led a team on a title run, which seems like an important distinction.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:19:13 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 03:58:49 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

To be fair, the Pats have Brady and Belichick, two of the GOATs. The Cs don't have anyone even approaching that level of greatness.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 04:22:52 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
In my mind, any time taken away from Green and VanFleet is a good thing. Lin adds depth. He is a good player that puts pressure on the defense. But VanFleet is a better player.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 04:33:39 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
In my mind, any time taken away from Green and VanFleet is a good thing. Lin adds depth. He is a good player that puts pressure on the defense. But VanFleet is a better player.

Vanvleet is great just like rozier he can be amazing at times but his size limits him and in the playoffs

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 05:29:17 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Some much for the Hawks not buying out anyone like they said.  I wonder if Dedmon will be bought ought to. 

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 05:48:41 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Some much for the Hawks not buying out anyone like they said.  I wonder if Dedmon will be bought ought to.

Dedmon would be a great get.