Author Topic: Beal trade idea?  (Read 5128 times)

Re: Beal trade idea?
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2021, 07:32:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Any chance to try and lure Portland in as a third team? Send them Thompson, as they are in absolute desperate need of a big, and get them to send out Derrick Jones Jr. and a lottery protected first? Then we could send out Smart, Romeo/Nesmith and a couple of firsts ourself.

Boston receives: Beal

Portland receives: Thompson

Washington receives: Smart, Langford/Nesmith, Jones Jr., 2023 Boston FRP, 2023 lottery protected Portland FRP, 2025 Boston FRP

Definitely not as glamorous as what GSW can offer, but I don't see them having interest in Beal after their D'Angelo Russell experiment
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2021, 09:44:50 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Any chance to try and lure Portland in as a third team? Send them Thompson, as they are in absolute desperate need of a big, and get them to send out Derrick Jones Jr. and a lottery protected first? Then we could send out Smart, Romeo/Nesmith and a couple of firsts ourself.

Washington receives: Smart, Langford/Nesmith, Jones Jr., 2023 Boston FRP, 2023 lottery protected Portland FRP, 2025 Boston FRP

Definitely not as glamorous as what GSW can offer, but I don't see them having interest in Beal after their D'Angelo Russell experiment

Can't see Washington giving up franchise guy for that, ownership most probably just rolls the dice in free agency and offering him a super max.

Warriors will test the Wizards's front office resolve, it's almost a guarantee. Bradley Beal and D'Angelo Russell are two completely different players, Beal can play off the ball, play-make and create his own shot efficiently. After two major injuries I can't see Klay Thompson as a guard given his age, but remember he's 6'6-7' and with his defensive I.Q would be perfect as a small forward. A core of Green, Thompson, Beal, Curry is an instant title threat.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2021, 09:53:45 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Can't see Washington giving up franchise guy for that, ownership most probably just rolls the dice in free agency and offering him a super max.

Warriors will test the Wizards's front office resolve, it's almost a guarantee. Bradley Beal and D'Angelo Russell are two completely different players, Beal can play off the ball, play-make and create his own shot efficiently. After two major injuries I can't see Klay Thompson as a guard given his age, but remember he's 6'6-7' and with his defensive I.Q would be perfect as a small forward. A core of Green, Thompson, Beal, Curry is an instant title threat.
I more meant defensively - Beal and Curry is a weak, small defensive duo, and with no guarantee on Klay being able to defend at a high level anymore, it could be a really risky gamble.

Again, that's why I would go for Siakam if I'm them. Adds length, defensive ability, and a guy who knows what it takes to win a ring. Siakam would be great to punish the interior while Steph and Klay snipe from outside
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2021, 10:36:14 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

I more meant defensively - Beal and Curry is a weak, small defensive duo, and with no guarantee on Klay being able to defend at a high level anymore, it could be a really risky gamble.

Again, that's why I would go for Siakam if I'm them. Adds length, defensive ability, and a guy who knows what it takes to win a ring. Siakam would be great to punish the interior while Steph and Klay snipe from outside

You are probably right.

I'd say Steve Kerr would use the same tactics as Nash & Brooklyn, beating down their opponents on offence alone. Beal & Curry can easily contribute 60-70 points between them and Thompson with 15-20, so 80-90 points could almost be guaranteed a game from their three stars.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine