Author Topic: U.S.A. Olympic Basketball  (Read 97494 times)

Re: U.S.A. Olympic Basketball
« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2021, 05:55:05 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Anyone see the game this morning? I missed it. Looks like the US won easily, 119-84.Tatum had a game high 27, 10-16 from the field, 5-10 from 3pt.

Such a pain knowing when these games are being televised and where...I have Verizon FIOS but they just say "Olympics" in their coverage, no idea which sport they are covering. Obnoxious.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2021, 09:32:40 AM »

Kiorrik

Anyone see the game this morning? I missed it. Looks like the US won easily, 119-84.Tatum had a game high 27, 10-16 from the field, 5-10 from 3pt.

Such a pain knowing when these games are being televised and where...I have Verizon FIOS but they just say "Olympics" in their coverage, no idea which sport they are covering. Obnoxious.

Try living in Australia and not having cable :]

.edit: actually, I'm complaining about nothing. It's broadcast for free here, I can watch it whenever I want ... just that there's ads. And I hate ads. I'd pay not to see ads. Screw ads. lol

« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2021, 09:41:16 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I did. Other team came out hard, with energy and made everything. Partway through the first, USA matched the energy defensively, but they kept making everything. Shortly thereafter, USA got hot and their defense started stifling the other team. Dominated 36 minutes of the game.

Booker looked really, really bad. They went after him and as soon as ge went out the energy changed. He looked small, soft on defense, and generally unimpactful on offense. Lillard was terrible too. He played soft offense and jacked too many quick shots early, which led to the other team getting easy looks.

In Olympic bball, everyone, including guards, have to have in mind to physically dominate their counterparts. Booker and Lillard are too soft to do that and satoransky took advantage.

« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2021, 09:49:57 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Durant became the all time leading scorer for the US and then said the guy to his left (i.e. Tatum) was going to be the next record holder.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2021, 09:52:23 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
When does game get rebroadcast without paywall?

« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2021, 10:44:44 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Durant became the all time leading scorer for the US and then said the guy to his left (i.e. Tatum) was going to be the next record holder.

I hope Tatum doesn’t play too much for team USA.

« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2021, 10:50:39 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I have Youtube TV and I set it to record all Olympic basketball and the game was on yesterday afternoon for me.   I did not see it live but I saw it. 

It was a classic Tatum heat up in the second half.   I think he had like ten points going into the late third and just went off for crap ton of points with 15 points during this time period.   One thing too, they all seemed within the flow of the offense.

One other positive, I heard Tatum was working with his trainer about getting to the free throw line.   This was evident duing the game and he played through contact several times which is an area, I think he needs to improve at.

« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2021, 10:56:05 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Game was rebroadcast yesterday at 4pm on NBC but I missed it, darn. Wanted to see Tatum go off.

« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2021, 11:28:03 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Maybe instead of recruiting Beal, Tatum should focus on KD??? LOL. KD has always been extremely complimentary of JT. There’s def a mutual respect there that I honestly didn’t expect from someone a decade older than JT.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 11:46:34 AM by PAOBoston »

« Reply #279 on: August 01, 2021, 12:53:09 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Watching the Spain vs Slovenia game earlier I can tell that the Spanish team is no cake walk. Team USA will have to be focused and play hard if they want to get to the semifinals. Should be a good game.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #280 on: August 01, 2021, 01:03:31 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

All the team USA games should be on NBCSN. I downloaded the NBC sports  app on my Smart TV and there are a ton of events that you can watch live, with descriptions listed for each. Also, there is a schedule on page 1 of this thread with dates/times for the Men’s basketball.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #281 on: August 01, 2021, 06:47:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Maybe instead of recruiting Beal, Tatum should focus on KD??? LOL. KD has always been extremely complimentary of JT. There’s def a mutual respect there that I honestly didn’t expect from someone a decade older than JT.
KD for future VetMin target here, book it
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #282 on: August 02, 2021, 02:11:02 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

All the team USA games should be on NBCSN. I downloaded the NBC sports  app on my Smart TV and there are a ton of events that you can watch live, with descriptions listed for each. Also, there is a schedule on page 1 of this thread with dates/times for the Men’s basketball.

I was watching NBCSN on my cable, they have 4 24 hour Olympics channels but they don't say which specific events they are telecasting...I will check out the app.

« Reply #283 on: August 02, 2021, 08:02:02 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
 When the US woman soccer team aren't even in the gold medal game, anything can happen.  Hopefully they keep staying loose as that will keep them playing well
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #284 on: August 03, 2021, 01:27:41 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

I found out why they aren't...they're on Peacock. Right now NBC is showing the men's quarterfinal volleyball, USA is showing men's diving, CNBC is showing Canoeing, NBCSN is showing bandminton and Olympic channel is showing wrestling. I had to sign up for a Premium Peacock account to watch Men's basketball, which I will cancel as soon as the Olympics is over. What a joke!! Spend a fortune on cable only to have preferred events locked behind a streaming paywall, thanks NBC!