Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 250675 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: On hold.
« Reply #690 on: September 28, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Zeller and Napier are no great shakes but I'm pretty excited to add them.  Think they've both got production potential.

Not shabby. I'll be disappointed if Kelly can't beat him out, but Zeller could reasonably end up the starting center for our Cs.

I think Napier could wind up starting too, or getting starter minutes off the bench.  Miami lost its main distributor, Wade's continuing to slide, and Chalmers has been begging for years for someone to take his job.  Might be too optimistic though.

« Reply #691 on: September 28, 2014, 04:59:09 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Zeller and Napier are no great shakes but I'm pretty excited to add them.  Think they've both got production potential.

Not shabby. I'll be disappointed if Kelly can't beat him out, but Zeller could reasonably end up the starting center for our Cs.

I think Napier could wind up starting too, or getting starter minutes off the bench.  Miami lost its main distributor, Wade's continuing to slide, and Chalmers has been begging for years for someone to take his job.  Might be too optimistic though.

There I give Chalmers a major edge. He's so familiar with the Heat's offense, Wade, and Bosh, he's got 2 inches on Napier, plus that long wingspan, and he knows he finished last year poorly.

"Small" guards tend to start off one of two ways, catch fire and burn quick ahead of the scouting reports (remember Tyus Edney?) or struggle to figure out how to get their shots and hold their own defensively (Shabazz in summer league). Napier's not even a lock to beat out Cole for the back up minutes this season: he shot 28% between Orlando and Vegas. But I do like his prospects long term.

« Reply #692 on: September 28, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
Anyone want to discuss Evan Fournier? I have no idea how to value him. He's a year and a half younger than guys like Shabazz and Cleanthony Early. He averaged 8.4 points, 2.7 rebounds, 1.5 assists, and 1.2 3PTM in just 20 mpg last season and he should get more run on a bad Magic team.

Could he grab the starting two guard spot? On talent, I'd run out Payton and Oladipo, right? Then again a starting back court where neither guard is even an average shooter is going to be a nightmare in offensive sets.

« Reply #693 on: September 28, 2014, 06:34:26 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Here are the players that are most available from me.  Some can be had to future seconds.

Robert Sacre - Still the Lakers back-up center and averaged 6pt and 5 reb in 20 minutes after the all-star break last year.  Only 25

Jordan Crawford - In China now, but could be back in March if you want to stash

Omri Casspi - Back with the Kings where he's played the best.  Averaged 7pts 4reb with 1 3pter in 18 minutes last year in Houston

DeJuan Blair - He was a pretty steady 6pts and 5reb in Dallas at about 53 FG%, and is now Nene's backup in Washington, so he should still see about 15-20 minutes a game.  He is still only 25.

Dorell Wright - Backup wing in Portland averaged 6pts 4reb with 1 3PM in 17 minutes post all-star game last year.  When he played at least 20 minutes as a started averaged 8pts and 5rebs with 1.6 3PM.

« Reply #694 on: September 28, 2014, 09:06:39 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Anyone want to discuss Evan Fournier? I have no idea how to value him. He's a year and a half younger than guys like Shabazz and Cleanthony Early. He averaged 8.4 points, 2.7 rebounds, 1.5 assists, and 1.2 3PTM in just 20 mpg last season and he should get more run on a bad Magic team.

Could he grab the starting two guard spot? On talent, I'd run out Payton and Oladipo, right? Then again a starting back court where neither guard is even an average shooter is going to be a nightmare in offensive sets.

Both were drafted too high not to start.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #695 on: September 28, 2014, 10:12:49 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Is there a spreadsheet that has updated rosters, picks etc as of right now? 

I still have a few solid big men on the block! 

Biyombo
Kosta Koufos
Meyers Leonard
Ryan Anderson
Tristan Thompson
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #696 on: September 29, 2014, 11:30:37 AM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie

You mean like Aaron Gordon?

« Reply #697 on: September 29, 2014, 11:49:57 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Interested in adding a good PG.  Here's my roster:

Brandon Knight
Shabazz Napier
Jameer Nelson
Mo Williams
Jordan Clarkson
Klay Thompson
Kent Bazemore
JR Smith
Chandler Parsons
Livio-Jean Charles
Draymond Green
Carmelo
Rudy Gay
Josh Smith
Kelly Olynyk
Greg Monroe
Tyler Zeller
2015 #1+2

I'd prefer a PG to put alongside Brandon Knight but I'm open to talking about him too if the deal's right.  If you're looking to shop a good PG, hit me up!

« Reply #698 on: September 29, 2014, 12:43:23 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Here's where I am. I need PF/Cs and am selling PG/SG/SF help:

Kyle Lowry Tor - PG
Paul Millsap Atl - PF,C
Thaddeus Young Min - SF,PF
DeMar DeRozan Tor - SG,SF
George Hill Ind - PG,SG
Arron Afflalo Den - SG,SF
Jordan Hill LAL - PF,C
Wilson Chandler Den - SG,SF
Jarrett Jack Bkn - PG,SG
Andre Miller Was - PG,SG
Brandon Bass Bos - PF,C
Gary Harris Den - SG
Martell Webster Was - SG,SF
Jason Thompson Sac - PF,C
Luis Scola Ind - PF,C
Carl Landry Sac - SF,PF
Greg Oden Mia - C

Let me know if you're interested. Lowry, DeRozan, Hill, Webster are the most available amongst the guards.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #699 on: September 29, 2014, 01:39:13 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
KissinCousins Cafe:

• Apps: CJ McCollum (anointed a steal in last year's draft before season ending injury , Cleanthony Early, and the freakishly athletic Brandon Wright are readily available for teams who are living on a college budget
  • Main Course: Gerald Henderson and Kris Humphries available for folks who need reliable production but don't want to pay premium prices.  A true American dish!
  • Desert: Oh so you think you might want to try the tiramisu? Well you're just a little fancy boy aren't ya.  Ok well fine, yes, I suppose I'm willing to talk Jimmy Butler.  It's Tom Thibodeau's favorite here, too.  Served with a drizzling of fine defensive instincts.  It's one of the pricier items on the menu, but nothing but the best for you, right? 

Payment ideally can be made in the form of a point guard.  Thanks for stopping in!

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #700 on: September 29, 2014, 02:11:07 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

You mean like Aaron Gordon?

Yes. Should be the starting 3 right?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #701 on: September 29, 2014, 02:34:37 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
UPDATE:

Sorry i was out of town this weekend and ended up sick (so early night yesterday).

Trying to wrap things up by tomorrow with a new GM and poss. roster issues (sorry for the oblique-ness,still discussing). I'll make a announcement in-thread and in the OP of this thread as soon as possible.

At that point i'll also announce the 3-4 trades that have been submitted (i mostly have to go through and make sure all the players are confirmed).

Thanks again for all y'all's patience.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #702 on: September 29, 2014, 02:55:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
Desert: Oh so you think you might want to try the tiramisu? Well you're just a little fancy boy aren't ya.  Ok well fine, yes, I suppose I'm willing to talk Jimmy Butler.  It's Tom Thibodeau's favorite here, too.  Served with a drizzling of fine defensive instincts.  It's one of the pricier items on the menu, but nothing but the best for you, right?  !

Well, he is pretty gritty  :P

« Reply #703 on: September 29, 2014, 04:23:52 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
UPDATE:

Sorry i was out of town this weekend and ended up sick (so early night yesterday).

Trying to wrap things up by tomorrow with a new GM and poss. roster issues (sorry for the oblique-ness,still discussing). I'll make a announcement in-thread and in the OP of this thread as soon as possible.

At that point i'll also announce the 3-4 trades that have been submitted (i mostly have to go through and make sure all the players are confirmed).

Thanks again for all y'all's patience.

now there are 5 trades (and ....Grrrrrr..... some of the guys I thought about making offers on are getting dealt... stupid commissionerhsip  :'( )
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #704 on: September 29, 2014, 04:29:59 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Looking to trade a big (or two) for a sg (or two)