Author Topic: Anybody else havingConnection/speed issues with Csblog?  (Read 46658 times)

Re: Anybody else having speed issues with Csblog?
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2017, 12:33:18 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I have issues on computer but not phone. As others have mentioned.

Often, in my fairly limited experience, this indicates a rogue page script (that the iOS version would not be running but a PC version would run.)

We should all be listing browser and OS. I'm having issues on OS X with Chrome.

It would be good to hear from people who are NOT having speed issues, and what browser/OS they are using. That will narrow the problem.

What app are people using on their iPhones that they're not having these speed issues? I have a Chrome app on my phone, but I've just always used the regular Safari browser as long as I've had an iPhone. I tend to have the same issues on my phone as my laptop and desktop, and that's even with 5/50 mbps download and upload.

On laptop and desktop, I always use Chrome. Both  computers on Windows 10, too.
Safari on the phone.  It works fine.  Been using microsoft edge on the computer and it has been slow, although better today.

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2017, 12:56:23 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I have issues on computer but not phone. As others have mentioned.

Often, in my fairly limited experience, this indicates a rogue page script (that the iOS version would not be running but a PC version would run.)

We should all be listing browser and OS. I'm having issues on OS X with Chrome.

It would be good to hear from people who are NOT having speed issues, and what browser/OS they are using. That will narrow the problem.

What app are people using on their iPhones that they're not having these speed issues? I have a Chrome app on my phone, but I've just always used the regular Safari browser as long as I've had an iPhone. I tend to have the same issues on my phone as my laptop and desktop, and that's even with 5/50 mbps download and upload.

On laptop and desktop, I always use Chrome. Both  computers on Windows 10, too.
Safari on the phone.  It works fine.  Been using microsoft edge on the computer and it has been slow, although better today.

Safari on iPhone fine for me too.

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2017, 09:58:32 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I have been having consistent side speed issues with this site alone on both Mac desktop and Iphone. I ran site speed tests as well on pingdom and it ranked this site as one of top 30% worst sites for speed with main page taking over 5 seconds to load. I  tried a different sb nation site and it was equally as bad with the test below. The leveraging browser caching is where I would start to improve it.

https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/dO6PNC/celticsblog.com

It ranked E and F with bad:

Minimize request size
F23   Minimize redirects
E50   Leverage browser caching
E52   Combine external JavaScript

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2017, 11:27:40 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I have been having consistent side speed issues with this site alone on both Mac desktop and Iphone. I ran site speed tests as well on pingdom and it ranked this site as one of top 30% worst sites for speed with main page taking over 5 seconds to load. I  tried a different sb nation site and it was equally as bad with the test below. The leveraging browser caching is where I would start to improve it.

https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/dO6PNC/celticsblog.com

It ranked E and F with bad:

Minimize request size
F23   Minimize redirects
E50   Leverage browser caching
E52   Combine external JavaScript

I used this site for speed testing. Youtube was 5X faster than CB.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2017, 01:01:03 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Posting in game threads has become ridiculous.
You comment on a play in the game, by the time its published its the next quarter.
 :(
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:28:41 PM by apc »

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2017, 01:05:06 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
The first few times I had speed issues, my heart started racing.

"Something major must have happened with the C' and the site is crashing from too much traffic.  Big trade?  Did Brad/Danny quit or get fired?  Did somebody die?"

Unfortunately now I realize it's just a regular, frequent occurrence.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2017, 01:29:17 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
The first few times I had speed issues, my heart started racing.

"Something major must have happened with the C' and the site is crashing from too much traffic.  Big trade?  Did Brad/Danny quit or get fired?  Did somebody die?"

Unfortunately now I realize it's just a regular, frequent occurrence.
Attacked by Lakers hackers  :) :)

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Posting in game threads has become ridiculous.
You comment on a play in the game, by the time its published its the next quarter.
 :(

It's really slow ...I waited around 30 seconds to post this message .   I have newest IPad and faster speed server possible for public consumption .    My posts on any of my other interests are less 2-3 seconds on any site.  My eBay and a Web mail are nearly as fast as I can type.

Posting on game thread ....I get server overloaded. ...try again.......more band width ? 

Something is wrong here.

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2017, 01:56:01 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yeah, it's really bad on my phone.  Often times I cannot even connect at all, and get an error message that reads something along the lines of, "cannot connect to SMF server".

I haven't really noticed it too much on my laptop, but every once in a while, at what I imagine are higher traffic times, it can occasionally be a bit on the slower side.

« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2017, 10:27:08 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I hate to continue to with the complaints, but would it be possible for a mod to respond to this thread (even a, 'sorry, that' just the way it is,' would be fine)? I have been on CB forever and it has been especially bad these last few months. I have a great laptop and iPhone 7 so it isn't the hardware (I use all types of browsers). Sometimes when I click on a new topic, it is super-fast, other times it can take well over a minute.

I've been getting this message more and more often and need to restart my browser altogether:

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

This is like the best site on the internet, but it would be great if we could deduce the problem and hopefully find a solution. I wouldn't think much of it if it were always like this, but it seems to be getting progressively worse.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 10:36:12 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2017, 10:35:25 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
It's been slow for Months---I'm only now posting about it...I have a Desktop PC with pretty fast TW Cable internet service--but this site is lame, speed-wise.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2017, 10:36:30 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I hate to continue to with the complaints, but would it be possible for a mod to respond to this thread (even a, 'sorry, that' just the way it is,' would be fine? I have been on CB forever and it has been especially bad these last few months. I have a great laptop and iPhone 7 so it isn't the hardware (I use all types of browsers). Sometimes when I click on a new topic, it is super-fast, other times it can take well over a minute.

I've been getting this message more and more often and need to restart my browser altogether:

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

This is like the best site on the internet, but it would be great if we could deduce the problem and hopefully find a solution. I wouldn't think much of it if it were always like this, but it seems to be getting progressively worse.

No answer for the laptop (I have similar issues - especially in the game threads), but I recently turned off Javascript on my Iphone Safari browser, which has helped significantly. I also refreshed the app and cleared all of the history and website data. Those changes have helped significantly, though that might be more with my own personal device/app than anything else. It was so bad I could barely even open Celticsblog on my Iphone, let alone try and post on and refresh threads

I tried the Chrome app on Iphone to see if it was faster than Safari, and it was just as bad, if not worse, than Safari for me.

« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2017, 10:50:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Mine still sitting and waiting with server busy .....and a lot of tines not many people even on in middle of day.

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2017, 11:19:46 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Been pretty bad for a month or so.

« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2017, 11:25:06 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Horrible of late!!!

Smitty77