Author Topic: CelticsBlog 5.0 - Post Your Tech Questions Here  (Read 13777 times)

Re: CelticsBlog 5.0 - Post Your Tech Questions Here
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 12:54:18 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
can i alter the front page so that recent links goes where "fanposts" is?

I mean my personal front page obviously, not asking for mod powers hehe

UPDATE: may have been mentioned, but the front page "recent link's" section for me doesn't update, is their a solution for this?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 01:31:01 PM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 01:15:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Like crownsy said, the "Latest Forum Topics" in the front page is not updating like it should.

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 12:38:01 AM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
I've been trying to change to a new avatar and when I upload it and then click save changes and when the page refreshes there's no picture uploaded or error message saying why it didn't work. Any ideas?

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 01:47:21 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I've been trying to change to a new avatar and when I upload it and then click save changes and when the page refreshes there's no picture uploaded or error message saying why it didn't work. Any ideas?

i have had the same issue for a few weeks now

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 02:11:04 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

same.

Also, can we mabey get moving gifs (nothing elabroate, like 5-10 frames) as avatars at some point? or will the site not support that?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 03:55:07 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

This must be an issue that has been here for awhile because from day one when i signed up i wasn't able to upload any avatars.After awhile i gave up.

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2008, 04:02:30 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
any insight from the mods or bob on this one?  hopefully it can be worked out, as it is a fun little bonus. thanks in advance

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2008, 11:40:41 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
any insight from the mods or bob on this one?  hopefully it can be worked out, as it is a fun little bonus. thanks in advance

I agree, the avatars add a fun touch to the forum.

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2008, 12:04:26 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

You're not the first people to bring this up, and I will put it in the special place only Mods can to the people who do the big things will see it, I should've done that a while ago.

can i alter the front page so that recent links goes where "fanposts" is?

I mean my personal front page obviously, not asking for mod powers hehe

UPDATE: may have been mentioned, but the front page "recent link's" section for me doesn't update, is their a solution for this?

We looked at this when we first moved. Are you saying you wanted to move the fanposts up and the recent forum topics down? Originally thats how it was, but we really wanted to emphasize the forums, so we swtiched them around.

I also like the fanposts (if you check them out I post there almost as much as the forums...you know, when I manage a complete thought with actual complete sentences), but this forum at least to me is something pretty special, and we as a staff wanted it to be central to the front page.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2008, 05:03:56 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

You're not the first people to bring this up, and I will put it in the special place only Mods can to the people who do the big things will see it, I should've done that a while ago.

just bumping this to see if there is any progress from the mods/tech people

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 05:09:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I posted it in the proper place, but not until yesterday or the day before (I forgot)..when we know, you'll know.

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2008, 05:11:52 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

I posted it in the proper place, but not until yesterday or the day before (I forgot)..when we know, you'll know.

thanks.  where is the "proper place"?  it wouldnt be answered in this thread?  just curious so i can keep an eye out for an answer.

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 03:20:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

thanks.  where is the "proper place"?  it wouldnt be answered in this thread?  just curious so i can keep an eye out for an answer.

When we moved to SBnation, one of the guys over here set up a thread in the staff forums to help us ease the transition...I posted it there.