Author Topic: HELP, new issue: error messages.  (Read 13053 times)

HELP, new issue: error messages.
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:31:02 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
How come whenever I go to a topic, I'm always automatically scrolled to the bottom of the page (to the last post made). When I read a new topic, I want to be directed to the first post. Is there a way I can change this?

i keep getting the message: An Error Has Occurred! every time i try to make a post, whether it be replying or creating a new topic, or even sending a pm! what gives?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 07:07:02 PM by zerophase »

Become Legendary.

Re: Browsing Topics
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:57:59 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
How come whenever I go to a topic, I'm always automatically scrolled to the bottom of the page (to the last post made). When I read a new topic, I want to be directed to the first post. Is there a way I can change this?

Near as I can tell, you're likely using the "Latest Topic Posts" on the left navbar, which is set up to direct you to what is literally the "latest post." What I would recommend is going through the actually forums pages themselves (which you can get to through the top navbar).  When you're logged in, there will be a yellow "New!" logo next to any topic that has posts you haven't viewed yet.  If you click on the topic itself, you will directed to the first post from that topic.  If you click on "New!" you'll be directed to the first post you haven't seen yet.  Hope that helps.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 07:23:20 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Near as I can tell, you're likely using the "Latest Topic Posts" on the left navbar, which is set up to direct you to what is literally the "latest post." What I would recommend is going through the actually forums pages themselves (which you can get to through the top navbar).  When you're logged in, there will be a yellow "New!" logo next to any topic that has posts you haven't viewed yet.  If you click on the topic itself, you will directed to the first post from that topic.  If you click on "New!" you'll be directed to the first post you haven't seen yet.  Hope that helps.

-sw

Steve is right; if you use the Latest Topic Post menu, you'll be directed to the most recent post, period, and then will have to scroll up from there.

I like using the Recent Posts option, in your Members Menu (located in the upper left).  There, you can see all the topics that you have never viewed or that have been updated since you last viewed them.  From there, you can decide to view the first page, the last page, or whatever.  Updated Topics does the same thing, but only with topics that you have actually posted in.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 09:15:14 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Anything's Possible
alright thanks.

Become Legendary.

Re: HELP, new issue: error messages.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 07:07:20 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Anything's Possible

i keep getting the message: An Error Has Occurred! every time i try to make a post, whether it be replying or creating a new topic, or even sending a pm! what gives?

it seems that i can only make a new post after i've modified one. ??

Become Legendary.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 07:10:40 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
No idea.  I would suggest flushing your cache and deleting any cookies.  Any, if you're using internet explorer, convert over to Firefox.

If you're still having issues, try emailing Bob Day at webmaster@celticsblog.com
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 08:52:52 PM by Bob Day »

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Anything's Possible
yea it seems that after i log in, i must first modify any post i've made and then i can start posting new ones. i was on firefox and now i switched over to safari. it was the same error message i kept getting until i modified something, then i could post again.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 07:30:07 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
yea it seems that after i log in, i must first modify any post i've made and then i can start posting new ones. i was on firefox and now i switched over to safari. it was the same error message i kept getting until i modified something, then i could post again.

That's odd.

And it wasn't an error message telling you that you needed to wait 90 seconds in between posts?

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 11:23:07 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
I am having the same exact issue the last two weeks - I keep getting "an error has occurred" with no detail in the box below.  New topic, reply, PM, everything.

It works once in a blue moon.

I've had to try posting this several times as well.  I just figured I've been post banned because you guys usually don't like what I have to say.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 11:52:50 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

That's odd.

And it wasn't an error message telling you that you needed to wait 90 seconds in between posts?
Just for some added information ...... I get that error message too that gives no description. It took me a couple of times of getting it to figure it out but it definitely was the 90 seconds between posts that was the problem. It just gave no description.

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 11:59:54 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I am having the same exact issue the last two weeks - I keep getting "an error has occurred" with no detail in the box below.  New topic, reply, PM, everything.

It works once in a blue moon.

I've had to try posting this several times as well.  I just figured I've been post banned because you guys usually don't like what I have to say.
\

Same for me.  I get it 4 out of 5 times.  I've been copying my replies since I'll probably have to post them multiple times to get through.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 12:01:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Okay, we're looking into it. 

Who's suggestion may be the most likely one.  If anybody can provide more detail, as always it's appreciated.

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 12:02:48 PM »

Offline Truth Hurts

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
I get the error message in certain threads. I'll be able to successfully post in some threads, and keep going back to the one where I couldn't, and continue to get an error.

Today, it's the "Interesting graphic about the #30 pick" thread that I can't post in.
"Odom drains another 16-footer. It's 24-7, Lakers. They look so possessed on both ends that they've earned at least five sitting ovations from the Lakers' crowd." - Simmons

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 12:12:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I've seen the error pretty frequently as well, but I can't really pinpoint what's the cause. 

Edit:  It must be the 90 seconds thing.  I just attempted to post immediately after posting this and got the error.  But I'm pretty sure I also received the error trying to post when I had first logged into CB.   Does the 90 seconds rule also apply to when you first log in?

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 12:18:20 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I get an "error on page" message everytime I log on to celticsblog the last couple of weeks. It takes 30 seconds [or so] to download the homepage- sometimes I need to refresh because it doesn't work at all (I read the website from 2 different comps, so don't think it's my system).

As for the "latest topic" thing on the left, it would be great if it didn't go to the last post on pg 9 everytime I click on it, but I read a lot more than I write around here- so I suppose it would be a pain for people who post a lot.

No matter what, it's a great site and has definitely filled in my spare time for the past few years...thanks...