Poll

Would you Do it now

No Rozier is about to blow up.
25 (65.8%)
Yes. We still need big men.
13 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Poll: Would you trade Rozier for Bobby Portis now  (Read 2797 times)

Poll: Would you trade Rozier for Bobby Portis now
« on: November 17, 2016, 04:43:32 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 More interesting than ever Portis  minutes are down from, 17 to 10 minutes per game.

Portis is still averaging per 36  of 16 points, and 12 rebounds per game.

He might be able to get 30 minutes per game over here even if its 25 He could probably rebounds better than the players we have currently.

Re: Poll: Would you trade Rozier for Bobby Portis now
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 08:36:29 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Heck no

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 08:48:51 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I was tempted to say yes, but we have two bigs over seas and we have multiple draft picks and Horford will get healthy some day. So no

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 02:36:00 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I voted yes, because ideally Rozier won't even play for Boston in the playoffs (all you really need is Thomas, Bradley, and Smart) while a guy like Portis certainly could get regular playoff minutes. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 02:43:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I voted yes, because ideally Rozier won't even play for Boston in the playoffs (all you really need is Thomas, Bradley, and Smart) while a guy like Portis certainly could get regular playoff minutes.

I think you'll see a lot of 3-guard lineups, meaning a fourth guard will be necessary to give one of those guys a breather.  Conversely, you'll also see a lot of one-big lineups, meaning that Horford, Amir, and KO should be sufficient.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 02:44:51 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I love Terry, but I think I would trade him for Portis. I think Zizic will be here next year, but not sure about all of Jonas, KO, Amir, Zeller, or Yabu (i think he will be stashed an extra year; he said he was fine with being stashed 2 years). Maybye one or two of them return next year. Kinda leaves us with not much big man depth, especially if we don't take a guy like Giles in the draft. Portis would fit right in, and would be pretty good for this team. If we don't take someone like Giles, we might be forced to take another guard, so trading Rozier would clear up some PT for that pick. It's not ideal to take another guard, obviously, but, it is what it is.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 03:44:32 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I think you'll see a lot of 3-guard lineups, meaning a fourth guard will be necessary to give one of those guys a breather.  Conversely, you'll also see a lot of one-big lineups, meaning that Horford, Amir, and KO should be sufficient.
If Boston is playing 3 guard lineups in the playoffs, then Boston isn't going to make it very far.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 03:45:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I would trade him for a different big, but it really seems like Portis has been regressing this season. Not sure if it was tied to adding bulk.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 04:01:33 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

If Boston is playing 3 guard lineups in the playoffs, then Boston isn't going to make it very far.

I highly disagree with this.  But we'll see in May.  I expect that a lineup of IT-AB-Smart-Crowder-Horford will be one of Boston's most effective.

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 04:17:36 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

It depends on who we're playing against. Against a team like Detroit we'd get crushed, but against a team like the Hornets I don't think it'd be an issue
I'm bitter.

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 04:43:49 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

It depends on who we're playing against. Against a team like Detroit we'd get crushed, but against a team like the Hornets I don't think it'd be an issue
Batum is 6'8" and MKG is 6'7", that is a pretty tough ask for Bradley and Smart. 

Chicago and Atlanta are about the only playoff type teams I see in the East where Thomas, Bradley, and Smart won't be wholly overmatched from a size standpoint (still a size disadvantage but not one they couldn't overcome). 

Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure there will be possessions here and there where that sort of lineup makes sense, but certainly not for large portions of games against the better teams in the league. 

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 04:03:05 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Some of these comments did not age well.

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 04:05:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
No need to be bumping 2+ year old threads.  Locked.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team