Author Topic: Improve the bench  (Read 14586 times)

Re: Improve the bench
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2024, 01:36:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
How about Cedi Osman? Trade 3 of the deep bench guys (Brissett, Banton, Stevens, Svi) and a 2nd or 2. Can't imagine he is in Spurs long term plan and he'd be a nice 8th or 9th man here. Spurs can drop some cash, get a look at some cheap guys, and pick up some 2nd's.

Osman would fit in our trade exception and I'd trade for him for a couple of second round picks.

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2024, 01:40:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
How about Xavier Tillman? He’s getting limited mins in a team that’s dealing with a lot of injuries. Maybe a couple of seconds gets it dome? He fits easily into our TPE.

Tillman is only 6'7" but he could fill a similar role as Grant had last year minus the shooting.

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2024, 06:26:14 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
Javon Carter fits in the exception

something like Svi +Banton for Carter and Craig

another possible trade would be

Pritchard + Svi +Banton for Wright & Kispert from the Wizards (using the exception for Kispert)

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2024, 06:35:19 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
another could be

Olynk + Fonotecchio + Dunn For Pritchard +Svi + Banton + Stevens + Walsh

using the exception to absorb Fontecchio

all these trades would require draft compensation going the other way (2nd's)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 07:04:47 PM by goCeltics »

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2024, 06:57:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
another could be

Olynk + Fonotecchio + Dunn For Pritchard +Svi + Banton + Stevens + Gordon

using the exception to absorb Fontecchio

all these trades would require draft compensation going the other way (2nd's)

Who's Gordon?

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2024, 07:05:08 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
I meant Walsh  :-[

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2024, 07:13:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2024, 01:00:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I wish we'd fill that 15th spot with a ten day contract. We've had a load of injury hours this year.

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2024, 02:10:53 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Feels like the most likely outcome for this trade deadline is some small move involving swapping either multiple minimum salary salary guys or using the grant TPE to bring in some relatively low salary wing for depth.

Naji Marshall, Sediq bey, Cedi Osman seem like they should be gettable. Maybe Fontecchio, Kuminga, Grimes, Kispert although those guys feel less available.

Beyond that maybe a center? But tough to find a guy who is both better than Kornet, cheap, and available.

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2024, 02:12:37 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I wish we'd fill that 15th spot with a ten day contract. We've had a load of injury hours this year.

There’s really been no need.  It’s given Q more time to play.  It’s not like we see Stevens or Svi most nights even with it open, nevermind Walsh.  We’ll fill that spot at, or more likely after, the deadline.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 02:32:06 PM by Celtics2021 »

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2024, 02:39:18 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

There’s really been no need.  It’s given Q more time to play.  It’s not like we see Stevens or Svi most nights even with it open, nevermind Walsh.  We’ll fill that spot at, or more likely after, the deadline.

Yes, end of day we're talking about a few minutes here and there. I have a feeling that Joe values the chemistry the guys have developed this year, to the point where he'd rather play an existing combo a few more minutes than throw a new person into the mix and have them learn how to play with everyone all over again.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2024, 05:03:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Feels like the most likely outcome for this trade deadline is some small move involving swapping either multiple minimum salary salary guys or using the grant TPE to bring in some relatively low salary wing for depth.

Naji Marshall, Sediq bey, Cedi Osman seem like they should be gettable. Maybe Fontecchio, Kuminga, Grimes, Kispert although those guys feel less available.

Beyond that maybe a center? But tough to find a guy who is both better than Kornet, cheap, and available.

I am coming around to wanting us to grab Tillman. We could use a strong guy to bang down low...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tA-8kyGb84
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 05:29:58 PM by liam »

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2024, 06:39:48 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
The more I'm looking at the Hornets I believe they have the two pieces I would go after.  Mind you this is a win now move and comes with some baggage. 

Celtics - Kornet, Stevens, Banton, Mykhailiuk our 2024 1st round
Hornets - Richards, Miles Bridges

Richard to me is the best center option when it comes to age, value, contract and what he'd give the Celtics.  He's an upgrade over Kornet, plus with being sign for 2 more years after this year becomes a chip or a great backup.  Plus he's someone that can play not just the center but could play some power forward.  The win now piece though is Bridges.  Yes, he comes with baggage but so do most players we don't hear about them.  Bridges would be the perfect 6th man as he could play the 4-2 spot and would also gives us scoring in our bench unit.  Also could give Tatum and Brown some minute relief.  Plus I look at a second unit of, Richards, Horford, Bridges, Hauser and Pritchard becomes very interesting.  This wouldn't be the full second unit at normally 2 starters are playing with the second unit but no matter which two you put in would make it a starting lineup else where. 

I know Bridges scares a lot of people with the off the court but for a win now move, I think this would be our best play.

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2024, 07:29:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I know Bridges scares a lot of people with the off the court but for a win now move, I think this would be our best play.

Thankfully, Brad values character, and doesn't want to throw a toxic chemistry bomb in our locker room.  No criminals (except Joe).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2024, 08:38:53 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The Boston Celtics and Phoenix Suns are showing interest in Jae’Sean Tate.

———

Source: The Athletic

5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine