Author Topic: Gallo or Muscala?  (Read 4709 times)

Re: Gallo or Muscala?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2024, 08:20:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Gallo was robbed playing on the team he really wanted to be on all these years .

AAA towel waver !

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2024, 08:48:14 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Celtics can do better besides those 2

Who?

I’d rather have Blake Griffin, if they can coax him out of retirement. Muscala and Gallo are probably worse than Kornet at this point.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2024, 08:55:41 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Who?

I’d rather have Blake Griffin, if they can coax him out of retirement. Muscala and Gallo are probably worse than Kornet at this point.

I agree with this.  Now, we have an open roster spot, and we’ll probably have 2-3 more after the trade deadline (I’m betting at least two of Banton, Stevens, and Svi are moved to create roster space and save on tax dollars/get under the second apron), but to see either Gallo or Muscala as something more than guys for the deep bench is imagining those two to be something they aren’t.

Of the players traded in that deal, I’d most prefer Isaiah Livers.

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2024, 09:05:48 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

Who?

Ok but I’d be shocked if Blake Griffin isn’t also worse that Luke Kornet.  Luke has performed pretty well this year and I like how Joe is using him lately with KP and with Al.  If I thought Blake added value as an Embiid or Giannis stopper I’d be more on board. But if Brad is going big, the big really should be better than Luke.

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2024, 09:05:57 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Who?

I agree with this.  Now, we have an open roster spot, and we’ll probably have 2-3 more after the trade deadline (I’m betting at least two of Banton, Stevens, and Svi are moved to create roster space and save on tax dollars/get under the second apron), but to see either Gallo or Muscala as something more than guys for the deep bench is imagining those two to be something they aren’t.

Of the players traded in that deal, I’d most prefer Isaiah Livers.

I think that anybody we acquire will be deep bench.  As you mentioned, we'll probably dump a couple of contracts and replace them with rest-of-season deals.  If we're going to do that, signing former Celtics who fit in with the culture is probably a solid option.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2024, 10:29:29 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Gallo if he’s bought out, sure.
Muscala? Uh for what? He couldn’t even play on last years team

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2024, 10:32:28 AM »

Offline bricone29

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Neither. What is Gallo going to come here and circle every Celtics game as a revenge against himself?

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2024, 10:38:59 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

For whatever it's worth, him sitting didn't seem to be based upon his play.  Joe probably should have played him in the playoffs.

I'm sort of disregarding the stats for him (and Gallo) in Washington.  Both have fallen off a cliff, and I'm wondering if that's team culture related.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2024, 11:25:46 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

For whatever it's worth, him sitting didn't seem to be based upon his play.  Joe probably should have played him in the playoffs.

I'm sort of disregarding the stats for him (and Gallo) in Washington.  Both have fallen off a cliff, and I'm wondering if that's team culture related.

I am not so sure on Muscala.  I thought he was going to be a great pick up.  I even won 50 TPs by predicting it in the trade deadline prediction contest.  But he did not earn any playing time from what I can see.  Now maybe Mazzulla should have done a better job of getting him integrated, I don't know, but I saw nothing from him and would not have played him either.

As to what to make of the performance of both Gallo and Muscala in WAS, I agree that there could be more to it than individual performance.  With Muscala, it is his WAS performance on top of having looked bad in BOS so I have little hope he is suddenly going to come here and contribute.  Gallo is harder to know as he missed a whole season and then tried to come back on a bad team with a bad culture.  Porzingis was able to put up numbers in WAS even if it didn't lead to winning.

I would probably take a chance on Gallo but I don't have any hope left for Muscala.

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2024, 12:14:05 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Who?

Ok but I’d be shocked if Blake Griffin isn’t also worse that Luke Kornet.  Luke has performed pretty well this year and I like how Joe is using him lately with KP and with Al.  If I thought Blake added value as an Embiid or Giannis stopper I’d be more on board. But if Brad is going big, the big really should be better than Luke.
I'll take Andre Drummond. At least he is a currently active player, and his main weakness (FT shooting) can be masked or minimized.

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2024, 12:14:45 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I am not so sure on Muscala.  I thought he was going to be a great pick up.  I even won 50 TPs by predicting it in the trade deadline prediction contest.  But he did not earn any playing time from what I can see.  Now maybe Mazzulla should have done a better job of getting him integrated, I don't know, but I saw nothing from him and would not have played him either.

As to what to make of the performance of both Gallo and Muscala in WAS, I agree that there could be more to it than individual performance.  With Muscala, it is his WAS performance on top of having looked bad in BOS so I have little hope he is suddenly going to come here and contribute.  Gallo is harder to know as he missed a whole season and then tried to come back on a bad team with a bad culture.  Porzingis was able to put up numbers in WAS even if it didn't lead to winning.

I would probably take a chance on Gallo but I don't have any hope left for Muscala.

I mean, the guy had a .632 TS% and was 7th on the team in scoring per possession.  His scoring rate and rebounding rate were better than Grant Williams.  What were your expectations?

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2024, 12:45:29 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

I mean, the guy had a .632 TS% and was 7th on the team in scoring per possession.  His scoring rate and rebounding rate were better than Grant Williams.  What were your expectations?

Most of that was compiled during garbage time I guess.  When I saw him play and try to contribute during actual meaningful minutes, he looked lost on the court to me.  I remember people were saying the same thing about Fournier.  Look at this stat, look at that stat, Fournier is good.  But on the court, he just didn't show it.

Fournier went on to NYK and cratered.  Muscala went on to WAS and continued to be ineffective and not get minutes on a bad team.  I was fooled by Muscala by looking only at his OKC stats and thinking he was going to be good.  After seeing him in Boston, I don't think he is good.  You would think DET would be a good situation for him to get some minutes.  We'll see if Monty Williams plays him.

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2024, 09:33:46 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Muscala played 15 minutes for the Pistons tonight, Gallo was a healthy scratch.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2024, 11:50:10 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I still think trading for Konchar and Jevon Carter would be good for deep bench but also because they will both make over 6mil next season and we need contracts to trade.  Could rope Drummond in too.

Sign Carter with TPE.

Trade Banton, Svi, Stevens for Konchar and Laravia. Flip Laravia for Drummond. Throw in whatever amount of 2nd rounders to make it happen.

Sign Gallo off waiver wire or bring back Blake.

Bench:

6. Al
7. Hauser
8. PRITCHARD
9. Kornet
10. Brissett
11. Konchar
12. Carter
13. Drummond
14. Walsh
15. Blake or Gallo

Doesn't change the maIn rotation of top 10 guys. Gives veterans on the deep bench. Could get Drummond or Gallo/Blake some run when Al rests.

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2024, 12:29:58 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Who?

I'll take Andre Drummond. At least he is a currently active player, and his main weakness (FT shooting) can be masked or minimized.
I always forget that Andre Drummond is only 30, even after 12 seasons in the league. Mostly because the really untalented guys don't last that long, but he's had some pretty significant holes in his game since day one.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.