Author Topic: LiAngelo & LaMelo Ball sign with agent to play overseas.  (Read 4663 times)

Re: LiAngelo & LaMelo Ball sign with agent to play overseas.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 12:53:10 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Good, maybe LaVar will get out of the country for long weekends and we can stop reporting on this family for a day or two.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 01:01:11 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Oh darn, I was hoping they would play for the Harlem Globetrotters.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 01:31:54 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
would this be the equivalent of castration since we're saying goodbye to the "Ball Brothers"?   :o

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 01:51:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
would this be the equivalent of castration since we're saying goodbye to the "Ball Brothers"?   :o
No because LaMelo will be back and play in the league unless the grown men in Europe injury him so badly he doesn't reach his potential.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 01:57:03 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Brandon Jennings and Emmanuel Mudiay both spent a year overseas before entering the NBA Draft. I don't think LiAngelo has the talent to play in the NBA, as he lacks athleticism, but I could very well see LaMelo returning in a year or two.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 02:20:35 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
No because LaMelo will be back and play in the league unless the grown men in Europe injury him so badly he doesn't reach his potential.
He's going to have to be a pretty decent NBA prospect for a team to think that he will be worth the trouble.  It may be too early to say that he's surefire good prospect.  If he projects as less than a quality rotation guy on a good team, I could see him getting Kaepernicked.  He won't be worth the trouble unless he's pretty good.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 02:34:42 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
At first I thought this was bad but then I realized it was kind of smart. Lavar says he will only let a team sign them as a package deal. Lamelo is obviously decent but the liangelo is trash even at the college level. Lavar is selling a worthless asset (the middle son) at a premium by attaching it to the good son. Lol he treats his kids like tradeable assets for money. The kid is going to get a paycheck when he doesn't deserve one because of lavar

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 02:44:52 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
All part of the plan to take the Big Baller Brand global.  ;)

As ridiculous as everything is with the Ball family, I think it would actually be interesting to see if this improves their brand at all.  I've heard (though just internet hearsay) that BBB has a strong following in the greater Chino Hills area.  If they sign in China, Israel, or wherever, would be interesting to see if they can carve out a niche there too.

I'm not a fan of their circus act, but am intrigued by their business and curious to see what they can do with it.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 02:45:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
He's going to have to be a pretty decent NBA prospect for a team to think that he will be worth the trouble.  It may be too early to say that he's surefire good prospect.  If he projects as less than a quality rotation guy on a good team, I could see him getting Kaepernicked.  He won't be worth the trouble unless he's pretty good.
oh you guys are killing me.  I thought I had come up with a brilliant smartass comment but you're taking me too seriously

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 02:59:13 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
He is rated about what Lonzo was and was a top 10 recruit in his class.  That of course doesn't mean anything, especially as a junior, but he clearly has a ton of potential.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 03:01:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Much to the relief of UCLA and their coaches

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 03:07:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yeah it seems like a lot of this is to get LiAngelo a chance to establish himself. Honestly if you can make your kid's development your life like Lavar had, I think pulling them out of school isn't the worst thing. It is only a matter of time until someone goes to Europe instead of going to college and turns into a all-star player.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 03:07:54 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Dear God thank you for Rick Barry not being anything remotely like this.

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 03:11:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Good, maybe LaVar will get out of the country for long weekends and we can stop reporting on this family for a day or two.

amen to dat.

Let the other side of the world deal with them.