Author Topic: Killian Hayes worked out for Celtics; athleticism a letdown  (Read 7696 times)

Re: Killian Hayes worked out for Celtics; athleticism a letdown
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2020, 02:38:53 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If he lasts to 14, I'd be shocked if they didn't pick him. It seems likely that Boston would need to trade up to get him. This could be leaked by Boston to hope that he slips to them. If they trade up to get him I'd expect that they aren't concerned with his lack of athleticism.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2020, 02:44:44 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Danny is a good drafter when he has high picks. When he has middle round picks like last year and this year his track record is terrible.

I don't know if it has been consistently terrible.  Big Al Jefferson was chosen at 15, the same year Delonte and Tony Allen were chosen.  Avery Bradley was chosen at 19.  Rondo was chosen by Phoenix for the Cs in the 20s.

Bradley was made of glass.
Tony was ok. Al also.

Pruitt, Giddens, Yabu, zizic, sullinger, fab melo, hunter, Lucas nogueria, James young, Langford, brooks

Somebody is looking at a list of players the Cs technically drafted, but not who they were traded for on draft night.

And I'd say only Young and Yabu were busts. You can't fault any gm for late 20s picks not working out. Lol @ AB being made of glass and Allen only being 'okay'. And there should be MUCH more praise for the Al and Rondo picks. Al brought us KG and Rondo is a possible HOF guy drafted at 21.

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2020, 10:21:15 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Killian Hayes reminds me quite a bit of a taller Fred Van Vleet.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2020, 01:09:39 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Danny is a good drafter when he has high picks. When he has middle round picks like last year and this year his track record is terrible.

I don't know if it has been consistently terrible.  Big Al Jefferson was chosen at 15, the same year Delonte and Tony Allen were chosen.  Avery Bradley was chosen at 19.  Rondo was chosen by Phoenix for the Cs in the 20s.

Bradley was made of glass.
Tony was ok. Al also.

Pruitt, Giddens, Yabu, zizic, sullinger, fab melo, hunter, Lucas nogueria, James young, Langford, brooks
Lol, imagine describing Bradley and only mentioning his injuries, and not his elite D and developed two-way game.

Also, in what world is arguably the best guard defender of the generation + a 15/10 big man only okay?? Nonsense.

Almost as nonsensical as writing off Langford already
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2020, 04:04:03 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Fans of the Red Claws and various teams throughout Europe are holding their breath in anticipation of our selections.