Author Topic: Hornets (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Preseason Game #1  (Read 39652 times)

Re: Hornets (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Preseason Game #1
« Reply #375 on: October 02, 2017, 09:48:52 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
If only we had a Theis instead of a Jerebco last year. I'm eager to see how he plays with Al Horford. I also really Jabari Bird. Rozier is going to have a lot of youngbloods right behind him for those minutes.

« Reply #376 on: October 02, 2017, 09:49:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Danny put together some pieces that really fit well.

« Reply #377 on: October 02, 2017, 09:49:12 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
A lot to like. I know pre season games don't mean much but I am less worried about the teams depth than before this game.

« Reply #378 on: October 02, 2017, 09:49:50 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Gordon's hair is glorious.
Got got bumped a few times early in the game. Completely unaffected.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #379 on: October 02, 2017, 09:51:27 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
Im still on the floor roll n

Tommy checking Baynes out " in the shower".

LOL..i was like did he just say that.

;D ;D ;D

« Reply #380 on: October 02, 2017, 09:51:46 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Larkin could get more minutes than Rozier, more of a point guard.

Abdul Nader playing better defense than I remember. Also his length really helps him when he switches to cover a big.

Nader's ability to get to the hoop and be a scorer might help him get some minutes at some point.
I do think he has a chance to get in the rotation and stay there - because he can score. Obviously he has to prove he can do it consistently against better talent than he saw in Maine but he certainly looked good tonight.

« Reply #381 on: October 02, 2017, 09:52:27 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
How's Irving, Smart, Hayward, Horford, Theis for a starting lineup?
Baynes played well. Even better is Theis as backup secret weapon off the bench.

I’m good with a starting lineup of just Theis playing all five positions at once

And player/coach!

May as well promote him to GM as well. DA is good but he’s no Theis.

« Reply #382 on: October 02, 2017, 09:57:53 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
13 guys with 13 minutes or more tonight.  A lotta guys look hungry for minutes.  Competition is good.  It is going to be fun to watch to see which guys beyond the top 8 are able carve out rotation minutes.

« Reply #383 on: October 02, 2017, 09:59:39 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Our frontline of Horford / Morris / Baynes / Theis is starting to look really impressive right now, no matter how we arrange them. 

And I was worried about that being our biggest weakness!

I initially thought Morris was the clear cut starter up front, but starting to question that now.  If Theis can keep rebounding like this then it might make more sense for him to start alongside Horford, and then bring Morris/Baynes off the bench.  I feel they'd be a nice combo with Morris bringing an offensive spark on that second unit. 

Banes may well turn out to be a better version of current day Andrew Bogut.  Seems to have a similar style of game and similar skill set, but without the health concerns.

Of course this was just one game, so I'll try not to get TOO excited about our 2nd/3rd unit guys - but if they keep this up then this team will be a lot better then I thought.

« Reply #384 on: October 02, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Gordon's hair is glorious.
Got got bumped a few times early in the game. Completely unaffected.

How does he not have a shampoo/hair product endorsement??

His agent is s-l-a-c-k-i-n-g
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #385 on: October 02, 2017, 10:01:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
All these rebounds are making me dizzy!

it been since Shaq and Garnet

« Reply #386 on: October 02, 2017, 10:07:29 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Larkin could get more minutes than Rozier, more of a point guard.

Abdul Nader playing better defense than I remember. Also his length really helps him when he switches to cover a big.

Nader's ability to get to the hoop and be a scorer might help him get some minutes at some point.
I do think he has a chance to get in the rotation and stay there - because he can score. Obviously he has to prove he can do it consistently against better talent than he saw in Maine but he certainly looked good tonight.

He definitely shows potential, but my concern is his play style. 

I was watching from work so I missed a lot of chunks, but from what I did see Nader looked like a major ball stopper.  Seemed like every time he touched the ball he tried to either force a drive or force a shot - I don't like that.  People complained non stop about Rozier last year, and he was actually pretty wiling as a passer - Nader seems like a ball hog extraordinaire by comparison.

But if he can learn to play like part of a team rather then Rambo style he certainly looks to have the skills to earn a roster spot.

As it stands right now, this bench (with Rozier, Smart/Brown, Tatum, Theis, Baynes) could be one of the teams biggest strengths.

« Reply #387 on: October 02, 2017, 10:10:19 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Our frontline of Horford / Morris / Baynes / Theis is starting to look really impressive right now, no matter how we arrange them. 

I initially thought Morris was the clear cut starter up front, but starting to question that now.  If Theis can keep rebounding like this then it might make more sense for him to start alongside Horford, and then bring Morris/Baynes off the bench.  I feel they'd be a nice combo with Morris bringing an offensive spark on that second unit. 

Banes may well turn out to be a better version of current day Andrew Bogut.  Seems to have a similar style of game and similar skill set, but without the health concerns.

Of course this was just one game, so I'll try not to get TOO excited about our 2nd/3rd unit guys - but if they keep this up then this team will be a lot better then I thought.
Baynes had a good shooting night, and played Howard really well on defense.  Not sure who should start, but there's no question that Morris is a better overall offensive player.  In a lineup with Horford, Kyrie, Hayward, they are ALL getting better looks, more single coverage.  Now add Tatum and you've got 5 legitimate scoring threats on the floor.  I'm just salivating at that prospect. 

« Reply #388 on: October 02, 2017, 10:23:19 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Baynes had a good shooting night, and played Howard really well on defense.  Not sure who should start, but there's no question that Morris is a better overall offensive player.  In a lineup with Horford, Kyrie, Hayward, they are ALL getting better looks, more single coverage.  Now add Tatum and you've got 5 legitimate scoring threats on the floor.  I'm just salivating at that prospect.

Maybe not. Don't forget the crushing screens Baynes sets to get his teammates open. That's one his greatest strengths.

I'm beginning to prefer Morris off the bench in order to give a scoring punch to the second unit.

« Reply #389 on: October 02, 2017, 10:26:11 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

yep. I am excited for this season.
LET'S GO CELTICS!