Author Topic: Rockets (38-20) at Celtics (41-17) Game #59 2/29.20  (Read 54964 times)

Re: Rockets (38-20) at Celtics (41-17) Game #59 2/29.20
« Reply #750 on: February 29, 2020, 11:49:27 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Looks like I wouldn't wanna see Houston in the Finals, they have our number this year.

I would be very happy for the Celtics to see the Rockets in the finals (aside fro the fact that it would mean I’d have to watch that Rockets team for an entire series)

« Reply #751 on: February 29, 2020, 11:49:40 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214
Man, I just need to take my mind of this game. It isn't good for my mental health. Should I read a book? Play a video game? Idm...

Just booted up Zelda myself, lol.

I'm there with you.  For some reason, this was a tough loss.
Zelda's always a good time. Just need to find something that will lower my blood pressure. At this rate, I'm never falling asleep lol.

Have you seen "The Legend of Neil" by chance?

« Reply #752 on: February 29, 2020, 11:53:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
apparently Harden had a rough time tonight....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ER_bQIaUcAEgcbP?format=jpg&name=large

« Reply #753 on: February 29, 2020, 11:53:22 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Missed the game, came on here to get some takes. Looks like everyone’s all bent out of shape and arguing over little decisions or single plays from whomever. First game after a tough road trip where we played well, against a good Rockets team the league hasn’t really figured out, OT loss... move on.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #754 on: February 29, 2020, 11:53:52 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Man, I just need to take my mind of this game. It isn't good for my mental health. Should I read a book? Play a video game? Idm...

Zelda's always a good time. Just need to find something that will lower my blood pressure. At this rate, I'm never falling asleep lol.

I hadn't, but it's like a Zelda parody, right? It sounds like a fun watch.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #755 on: February 29, 2020, 11:55:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I was just about to clock onto Dragon Quest XI for a while, but then remembered I had work in an hour. Grr!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #756 on: February 29, 2020, 11:55:14 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214

I hadn't, but it's like a Zelda parody, right? It sounds like a fun watch.

Yeah, I found it funny. Not familiar with the game at all, imagine it'd me funnier still if I was.

« Reply #757 on: February 29, 2020, 11:55:36 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
Missed the game, came on here to get some takes. Looks like everyone’s all bent out of shape and arguing over little decisions or single plays from whomever. First game after a tough road trip where we played well, against a good Rockets team the league hasn’t really figured out, OT loss... move on.
Celticsstrong is falling apart!!! Jk, but this was a really tough loss. Felt like we just got punked in our own home.

« Reply #758 on: February 29, 2020, 11:56:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

TP....this was the tuffest loss for me since Irvings " NO MASS" against the bucks in last years playoff.  Even though the team let each other down ,  low effort , CBS is the coach and he needs to own this ...he sucked ...Defeat stamped across his Skull. 

« Reply #759 on: February 29, 2020, 11:57:03 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Hayward really struggles with these clutch late game shots.

I know he's efficient when the game doesn't matter, but he's killjoy in close games. Point blank layups, wide open 3's - you name it, he misses it.
You know how easy it is to refute this, right? He, Kemba and Marcus all shoot within 1.8% of each other in terms of FG% (Kemba as the best, Smart as the worst), and Hayward is our best clutch 3 point shooter, closely followed by Tatum and Kemba. So basically, he's no worse than Kemba (just a much smaller volume), and he's massively more efficient than Smart in the clutch when you consider 3P% and FT%

https://stats.nba.com/players/clutch-traditional/?sort=GP&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612738

Yay. I suddenly feel better about that missed layup against the Lakers and the missed three tonight and also the brick house he tried to build in Utah (that we fortunately survived).

Seriously, my bad. I keep forgetting we're not supposed to criticize him.
Rofl. If you want to ignore stats and continue criticising one guy for something numerous guys are guilty of, go ahead. It's hilarious. You say that as if he doesn't cop it incessantly. But he's your whipping boy, so go off ::)

I dish out criticism across the board. But forbid I come for Hayward, then the good 'ole boys come running to protect him. He's had a chance to put away two close games in the past week and he's come up short in both, but I guess I should just point to the refs.
Yeah, almost as if fans have favourites. Just like there are those who ardently defend Brad, or Brown, or Smart, or Tatum. Craaaaaazy stuff! Woe is you
Yeah, I really don't get this victim mentality some have on this board. I may have strong disagreements with some on this board, but I never feel the need to act like I'm getting ganged up on for having an opinion.

Lol. I'm not playing victim but that's cute deflection. My point stands. This board protects and coddles certain players while attacking others, it's a huge reason I've stopped reading and posting here as much. If it was a different player than Gordon under the same circumstances, criticism wouldn't be so denounced.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #760 on: February 29, 2020, 11:58:50 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
I was just about to clock onto Dragon Quest XI for a while, but then remembered I had work in an hour. Grr!
Loved Dragon Quest XI. Kept me captivated the whole game, which is quite a challenge for such a long game.

« Reply #761 on: February 29, 2020, 11:59:23 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
Hayward really struggles with these clutch late game shots.

I know he's efficient when the game doesn't matter, but he's killjoy in close games. Point blank layups, wide open 3's - you name it, he misses it.
You know how easy it is to refute this, right? He, Kemba and Marcus all shoot within 1.8% of each other in terms of FG% (Kemba as the best, Smart as the worst), and Hayward is our best clutch 3 point shooter, closely followed by Tatum and Kemba. So basically, he's no worse than Kemba (just a much smaller volume), and he's massively more efficient than Smart in the clutch when you consider 3P% and FT%

https://stats.nba.com/players/clutch-traditional/?sort=GP&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612738

Yay. I suddenly feel better about that missed layup against the Lakers and the missed three tonight and also the brick house he tried to build in Utah (that we fortunately survived).

Seriously, my bad. I keep forgetting we're not supposed to criticize him.
Rofl. If you want to ignore stats and continue criticising one guy for something numerous guys are guilty of, go ahead. It's hilarious. You say that as if he doesn't cop it incessantly. But he's your whipping boy, so go off ::)

I dish out criticism across the board. But forbid I come for Hayward, then the good 'ole boys come running to protect him. He's had a chance to put away two close games in the past week and he's come up short in both, but I guess I should just point to the refs.
Yeah, almost as if fans have favourites. Just like there are those who ardently defend Brad, or Brown, or Smart, or Tatum. Craaaaaazy stuff! Woe is you
Yeah, I really don't get this victim mentality some have on this board. I may have strong disagreements with some on this board, but I never feel the need to act like I'm getting ganged up on for having an opinion.

Lol. I'm not playing victim but that's cute deflection. My point stands. This board protects and coddles certain players while attacking others, it's a huge reason I've stopped reading and posting here as much. If it was a different player than Gordon under the same circumstances, criticism wouldn't be so denounced.
Whatever you say, buddy.

« Reply #762 on: March 01, 2020, 12:00:46 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Celticsstrong is falling apart!!! Jk, but this was a really tough loss. Felt like we just got punked in our own home.

soft soft soft ....  really no excuse to get beat ....poor preparedness...home advantage ..no emotion cbs is soft too .  he just kills me

« Reply #763 on: March 01, 2020, 12:02:08 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674

Fun game.  I didn't get all the way through it - that large of a time commitment is tough to swing sometimes - but I definitely enjoyed my time with it. 

« Reply #764 on: March 01, 2020, 12:08:46 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479