Author Topic: Penn State to get hammered by NCAA on Monday?  (Read 48745 times)

Re: Penn State to get hammered by NCAA on Monday?
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2012, 11:40:02 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1645
  • What a Pub Should Be
Hopefully some of their players transfer to BC.

Lord knows they need it.

Expecting the worst this upcoming season.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Wow.  They did get hammered too bad most of the perps didn't have to pay yet though.   This hammers a lot of innocent peeps who had nothing to do with it.

« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2012, 11:50:22 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Lord knows they need it.

I know there was a four star defensive lineman whose top two schools were BC and PSU, and he eventually signed at PSU. Maybe he comes to BC now.

Right now I am optimistic that will we be much  better than last year, but that could change pretty quickly.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Lord knows they need it.

I dunno, im predicting a bowl game.  and Spaz has really stepped up the recruiting.  There current class is ranked 40th in the nation i believe.  Which is much better than the previous 3 years
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #169 on: July 23, 2012, 11:53:38 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Lord knows they need it.

I dunno, im predicting a bowl game.  and Spaz has really stepped up the recruiting.  There current class is ranked 40th in the nation i believe.  Which is much better than the previous 3 years

That program hasn't provided me with any hope for the future in a few years now. 

Qualifying for some crap bowl (which i think is a stretch) doesn't really do anything for me.  Talk about a program that needs a makeover.  BC football needs it in a bad way.

« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2012, 11:58:51 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
But I see Penn State fans and alums rallying around their team.

Several of the wealthiest alums vocally turned against Penn State when they hired an outsider as head coach.  Good luck with that.

This team, at least during those 4 years, will have a hard time beating the pre-conference tradional bottom feeder teams nobody has heard of.   It'll take a "we are Marshall" moment to win any conference games in a conference as competitive as the one their in.

« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
But I see Penn State fans and alums rallying around their team.

Several of the wealthiest alums vocally turned against Penn State when they hired an outsider as head coach.  Good luck with that.

This team, at least during those 4 years, will have a hard time beating the pre-conference tradional bottom feeder teams nobody has heard of.   It'll take a "we are Marshall" moment to win any conference games in a conference as competitive as the one their in.
and because of the penalties they aren't going to immediately come out of on the backside.  Unlike USC they have had no time to prepare for this and it is even longer and more severe.  They also aren't in a recruiting hotbed and the few top level recruits there are in Pennsylvania are always heavily recruited by Ohio State and Michigan (to a lesser extent) in the Big Ten as well as Pittsburgh in state and Syracuse, Connecticut, Rutgers, and Boston College from the North and East.  Penn State will be lucky to get any 3 star talent to sign with them, which means a total crushing blow to its program.  It will take 10 years to fully recover (if it ever does).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2012, 12:39:10 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
But I see Penn State fans and alums rallying around their team. Several of the wealthiest alums vocally turned against Penn State when they hired an outsider as head coach.  Good luck with that. This team, at least during those 4 years, will have a hard time beating the pre-conference tradional bottom feeder teams nobody has heard of.   It'll take a "we are Marshall" moment to win any conference games in a conference as competitive as the one their in.
and because of the penalties they aren't going to immediately come out of on the backside.  Unlike USC they have had no time to prepare for this and it is even longer and more severe.  They also aren't in a recruiting hotbed and the few top level recruits there are in Pennsylvania are always heavily recruited by Ohio State and Michigan (to a lesser extent) in the Big Ten as well as Pittsburgh in state and Syracuse, Connecticut, Rutgers, and Boston College from the North and East.  Penn State will be lucky to get any 3 star talent to sign with them, which means a total crushing blow to its program.  It will take 10 years to fully recover (if it ever does).

The reality is that what Penn State already did set them back at least four years....They might as well change the uniforms and mascot...etc...Because nobody will recognize them moving forward.
Before any NCAA "action".

So these sanctions seem more arranged and agreed upon between the NCAA and Penn State than they do genuine. 

The leaks prior to the press conference were too accurate to believe anything else.

« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2012, 11:47:38 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2012, 12:18:50 PM »

Offline illestmcsgt

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I'm so glad I didn't read all these posts in this thread because I can tell this is to bash Penn State. It's easy to judge from the outside looking in without knowing all the facts. The media already ruined Joe Paterno's name and his legacy. Now the whole university and students will get the fault by the media. And for what? Why does the university have to suffer because of one man's wrongdoing. He is getting punished and will have to live with his consequences for what he done. Everybody who was involved including Joe Paterno who is DEAD will live with their guilt.

What problem does this solve by taking away the football program? This town is built behind this and we care deeply about what happens here. The students here rallied up when Joe Pa was fired to show their support. Most would have thought it was just them being idiots and acting out. But, it's the pride that PSU stands by, that a man who coached 50 years here at PSU, that football is more than a game here. The whole community and school is affected by these tragic events and it will never get any better.

There are things that can never change and that's what football brings to this town. It means so much to everybody who lives here that seeing people from the outside want to burn this town down is disgusting. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU! I will never come back to this thread or forum for how disrespectful some of you are.

« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2012, 12:22:19 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm so glad I didn't read all these posts in this thread because I can tell this is to bash Penn State. It's easy to judge from the outside looking in without knowing all the facts. The media already ruined Joe Paterno's name and his legacy. Now the whole university and students will get the fault by the media. And for what? Why does the university have to suffer because of one man's wrongdoing. He is getting punished and will have to live with his consequences for what he done. Everybody who was involved including Joe Paterno who is DEAD will live with their guilt.

What problem does this solve by taking away the football program? This town is built behind this and we care deeply about what happens here. The students here rallied up when Joe Pa was fired to show their support. Most would have thought it was just them being idiots and acting out. But, it's the pride that PSU stands by, that a man who coached 50 years here at PSU, that football is more than a game here. The whole community and school is affected by these tragic events and it will never get any better.

There are things that can never change and that's what football brings to this town. It means so much to everybody who lives here that seeing people from the outside want to burn this town down is disgusting. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU! I will never come back to this thread or forum for how disrespectful some of you are.

Sadly, Joe Paterno, himself, helped ruin his name and legacy.

Certainly, the media has exacerbated it but Paterno's hands weren't clean in this.

« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2012, 01:05:28 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97

This is what sickens me.

People who put FOOTBALL above the considerations of people's health.

Children were RAPED. Do you not understand the magnitude of this? Children were RAPED. The school, including your beloved Joe Paterno, covered it up. They benefited from this cover-up, the ENTIRE INSTITUTION BENEFITED. They made millions of dollars in the aftermath of Sandusky's actions by covering it up. They did it because they wanted to protect the so-called sanctity of their program, and to continue capitalizing off of it.

When an institution benefits from a horrible crime like this, it needs to be punished. The institution needs to have their house cleaned.

If you really think that Joe Pa deserves respect, you are a horrible human being, plain and simple. He is a criminal. So were all the other high ranking school officials who covered this up.

Football is a game. I don't care how much you like it, it is a [dang]ed game. Penn State can survive without it. Students can survive without it. The football players can survive without it.

It is nowhere near as important as what happened to those kids.

So yeah, don't post in this thread anymore, because nobody wants to hear any more opinions from a RAPE APOLOGIST. Re-evaluate your priorities in life.

« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat

So football is more important than the lives that have been destroyed by Sandusky? Jesus H Christ.....
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2012, 02:05:15 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

This is what sickens me.

People who put FOOTBALL above the considerations of people's health.

Children were RAPED. Do you not understand the magnitude of this? Children were RAPED. The school, including your beloved Joe Paterno, covered it up. They benefited from this cover-up, the ENTIRE INSTITUTION BENEFITED. They made millions of dollars in the aftermath of Sandusky's actions by covering it up. They did it because they wanted to protect the so-called sanctity of their program, and to continue capitalizing off of it.

When an institution benefits from a horrible crime like this, it needs to be punished. The institution needs to have their house cleaned.

If you really think that Joe Pa deserves respect, you are a horrible human being, plain and simple. He is a criminal. So were all the other high ranking school officials who covered this up.

Football is a game. I don't care how much you like it, it is a [dang]ed game. Penn State can survive without it. Students can survive without it. The football players can survive without it.

It is nowhere near as important as what happened to those kids.

So yeah, don't post in this thread anymore, because nobody wants to hear any more opinions from a RAPE APOLOGIST. Re-evaluate your priorities in life.

tp

« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2012, 05:00:06 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Can't make this stuff up...

Mr Conflict of Interest....Mr Bogus Steroid Report...Mr Political Hack George Mitchell is named the Athletics Integrity Monitor at Penn State by the NCAA...

I needed a good laugh today....

What's next, NCAA?  Bill Clinton as Title IX Athletics Integrity Monitor?