Author Topic: My Offseason idea  (Read 686 times)

My Offseason idea
« on: May 14, 2013, 11:37:15 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
In the off season, I have no doubt OKC will amnesty Kendrick Perkins. Especially, with the cap space OKC will need to make some dire moves, and how nonexistent Perkins was. Perkins has always fondly thought of Boston his second home, and will undoubtedly come back for under 5 mil if he gets amnestied. I don't think anyone would pick up Perkins, or bid high with how terrible his performance this year was. Not to mention there are better Free Agent bigs that could do a better job.

We need three things for the idea of running it back to even work.

1) Rebounding/toughness. Kendrick Perkins provides both. While he isn't exactly an prime example of rebounding, Perkins has a big body that boxes out, and clogs up the paint to provide that grittiness, and allows other players to rebound. All we need is a solid defensive presence in the paint, coupled with a few blocks, and we're golden.

2) 3 point shooting. The only player who had a decent 3pt percentage was Jeff Green, 38.9%. We're going to need more fire power, especially since Jet is too streaky, and Lee went on a cold streak. Grab Kyle Korver, who'll be a nice addition, and affordable. Not to mention 45.7 from the arc, and 46.2 from the field.

With the minutes he was on the court, the Hawks were averaging 100.3 PPG. And an offensive rating of 105.7, as opposed to 98.8 when on the bench.

3) More veterans players that can provide the leadership, and help at a cheaper price.

My mind goes along to like Dalembert, Jason Collins for 3rd string Center, and Barbosa.

Draft Dieng, or Adams/Whitey. I highly doubt Plumlee would even be in our draft range, but our chances are slim.

Grab Al Fariquo Aminu to eat up minutes, rest Paul Pierce/KG.

And try to FIND someone who can teach Fab Melo.. Can we not hire Hakeem to train him? Even if its the D-League, being the DPOY, and All Defensive Second Team doesn't happen to any scrub... I see so much potential in Melo its sickening, because he could provide us that necessary toughness of blocks, and defense/rebounds.. I could care less if he scores 4 or 6 points..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different