Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121564 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #975 on: July 03, 2018, 02:11:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
If San Antonio want Dario Saric and Robert Covington and three draft picks from The Sixers, why isn't this a done deal?
I don't think they have too much interest in that package right now. Its pretty clear they want a:

blue chip prospect
good draft picks
salary relief

The above package only has draft picks, only one of which has much chance of being that good.

I read that as a report as to The Spurs demands from Philly. It's probably inaccurate but if true it would be a no brainer for The 76s.

« Reply #976 on: July 03, 2018, 07:48:03 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

« Reply #977 on: July 03, 2018, 08:14:15 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Leonard doesn’t want Boston so forget him. Guy is all over the road. Keep your picks and young players and resign Kyrie

« Reply #978 on: July 03, 2018, 08:52:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
There you go kahwi doesn't want to come

« Reply #979 on: July 03, 2018, 09:00:17 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

« Reply #980 on: July 03, 2018, 09:01:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap-amp/250566/Kawhi-Leonard-Not-Guaranteed-To-Sign-With-Lakers-In-2019?__twitter_impression=true

Sounds like SA feeding Shams info trying to up the trade offers.

If true I like that he has lost interest in Lakers because he doesn’t want to play with Lebron. Not into super team. We’ll see.

« Reply #981 on: July 03, 2018, 09:04:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Jordan Schultz
Verified account
@Schultz_Report

#Celtics aren't giving up Tatum and are lukewarm on prospect of trading Jaylen Brown, nor do I foresee C's dealing Kyrie. #Lakers aren't keen on dealing Brandon Ingram and #76ers prefer to keep Fultz. I still believe #Kawhi gets dealt -- but to where, I'm really unsure. #Spurs

10:32 AM - 3 Jul 2018

Yeah honestly I have no clue either. I'm thinking it's more likely Spurs just keep him for now, unless the Lakers budge and pay the moon for him. Otherwise, maybe the Clippers make a push to trade for Kawhi.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #982 on: July 03, 2018, 09:07:41 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap-amp/250566/Kawhi-Leonard-Not-Guaranteed-To-Sign-With-Lakers-In-2019?__twitter_impression=true

Sounds like SA feeding Shams info trying to up the trade offers.

Or Kawhi feeding him info in order to put more pressure on the Lakers to do a deal now. Remember, if Kawhi wants the max money from a non spurs team he would do well to be traded to that team and then resign. If he wants to go to lakers financially it makes sense to pressure them for a trade. We just saw the Paul George took the Lakers not trading for him personally it seems, maybe Kawhi is doing the same.

« Reply #983 on: July 03, 2018, 09:08:52 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
San Antonio has to trade Leonard.

Another team has to trade for him.

San Antonio is faced with trying to trade a player whom is a "flight risk" after one year.

Leonard has little leverage beyond "I want to go home"...he is not a free agent.

If it has been ordained that the Lakers are going to get him? Then the lack of discussion would indicate that other GM's know what is going on as, that is their job and we await the Leonard to LA tweet or whatever.

The 76ers suck, just got rid of the GM...he isn't going there.

Ainge said "no" to the media and is the record holder for blowing smoke.

OT...what would Red Auerbach do? I'm old, but I'm not Red. I think that Auerbach would sign Leonard. He would sign him for fundamental basketball reasons. Probably Red's biggest reason of all...this Leonard guy can play defense.

Red always did whatever he could to get a player that was strong on defense and offense as they are rare and defense wins big games.

I suggest that Auerbach would trade Brown for Leonard as Leonard is the better of the two players. Will Bprown eventually be as good as Leonard? That wasn't my point. I suggest Auerbach would see Leonard playing for the Celtics for the title or waiting and seeing if Brown ends up "as good" as Leonard.

Issue with this last point is, that Ainge is the GM and years of salary cap hell are right around the corner.

Magic hasn't said anything.

San Antonio just doesn't have that much leverage in this deal and it's best to assume everyone knows it...including Magic.

Everybody made their offer...why change? It's in San Antonio's court.

« Reply #984 on: July 03, 2018, 09:49:52 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

San Antonio is faced with trying to trade a player whom is a "flight risk" after one year.

Leonard has little leverage beyond "I want to go home"...he is not a free agent.

If it has been ordained that the Lakers are going to get him? Then the lack of discussion would indicate that other GM's know what is going on as, that is their job and we await the Leonard to LA tweet or whatever.

OT...what would Red Auerbach do? I'm old, but I'm not Red. I think that Auerbach would sign Leonard. He would sign him for fundamental basketball reasons. Probably Red's biggest reason of all...this Leonard guy can play defense.

Red always did whatever he could to get a player that was strong on defense and offense as they are rare and defense wins big games.

I suggest that Auerbach would trade Brown for Leonard as Leonard is the better of the two players. Will Bprown eventually be as good as Leonard? That wasn't my point. I suggest Auerbach would see Leonard playing for the Celtics for the title or waiting and seeing if Brown ends up "as good" as Leonard.

Issue with this last point is, that Ainge is the GM and years of salary cap hell are right around the corner.

San Antonio just doesn't have that much leverage in this deal and it's best to assume everyone knows it...including Magic.

Leonard has leverage. If you think any team other than LaL will put up a big offer you’re smoking

« Reply #985 on: July 03, 2018, 09:55:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

Leonard has leverage. If you think any team other than LaL will put up a big offer you’re smoking

Maybe, but SAS isn't selling him to LAL for a bag of chips either. Reports say LAL isn't willing to give up Ingram to acquire him, and probably not Kuzma either. Problem is, the Spurs have made it clear they want nothing to do with Deng's contract, so matching salaries could become an issue unless LAL find a third team OR they attach Kuzma in addition to Ingram and Deng to acquire Leonard.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #986 on: July 03, 2018, 09:56:04 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Calling it now- Kawhi Leonard to Denver  8)

Then bolt Denver for LA in 2019.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #987 on: July 03, 2018, 10:09:41 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Can’t embed the tweet but apparently Woj was on ESPN saying that there is no bidding war going on with Kawhi due to the unknown regarding his injury and his desire to play in LA. Not a major surprise but it’s clear DA will not trade Brown for him.

« Reply #988 on: July 03, 2018, 10:24:34 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Calling it now- Kawhi Leonard to Denver  8)

Then bolt Denver for LA in 2019.

Why would Denver of all teams give up enough for him?

Very random.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #989 on: July 04, 2018, 03:32:02 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville