Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121591 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #915 on: July 01, 2018, 05:55:00 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
 Its clickbait.

« Reply #916 on: July 01, 2018, 05:57:00 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Wow..74 no to 14 yes is kind of a shock..i also voted no..i just dont want this team be torn apart
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #917 on: July 01, 2018, 05:59:36 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
So apparently, now we're hearing reports that Kawhi is willing to re-sign with PHI long term.

I think in that case, SAS would ask for more than Saric + Covington + 2021 Heat Pick. They'd definitely want back Fultz in the package. Don't see SAS taking anything less than that package (w/o Fultz), otherwise other teams could and should just make similar offers.

Are we really hearing that?

There’s a difference between “Kawhi is willing to resign” and “People in Philly’s organization increasingly believe that Kawhi is willing to resign,” which is what is really coming out. And given that it’s silly season and they just met with Lebron’s people today, that’s likely intentionally leaked to try and increase the chances of getting Lebron.

« Reply #918 on: July 01, 2018, 06:04:16 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Wow..74 no to 14 yes is kind of a shock..i also voted no..i just dont want this team be torn apart

Believe it or not, the poll was like 14-9 in favor or "No" at one point I believe (early on). Since then, like 60-5 LOL (if you do the math)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #919 on: July 01, 2018, 06:05:08 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
So apparently, now we're hearing reports that Kawhi is willing to re-sign with PHI long term.

I think in that case, SAS would ask for more than Saric + Covington + 2021 Heat Pick. They'd definitely want back Fultz in the package. Don't see SAS taking anything less than that package (w/o Fultz), otherwise other teams could and should just make similar offers.

There’s a difference between “Kawhi is willing to resign” and “People in Philly’s organization increasingly believe that Kawhi is willing to resign,” which is what is really coming out. And given that it’s silly season and they just met with Lebron’s people today, that’s likely intentionally leaked to try and increase the chances of getting Lebron.

Jabari Young
Verified Account
@JabariJYoung

(Retweeted Ian Begley)

This is accurate. If LA doesn’t land him...Kawhi would entertain the possibility of staying with #Sixers beyond next season ... #Spurs

@IanBegley

On the Sixers and a potential trade for Kawhi Leonard, it’s worth noting that there are several people with Philadelphia who feel confident that Leonard would strongly consider re-signing there next summer if they traded for him.
11:32 AM - 1 Jul 2018

Jabari Young is a reliable Spurs reporter and he's probably talking/leaking from Kawhi's camp.

I feel like the Clippers and Jerry West could try something soon in the Kawhi sweepstakes. Even if it doesn't work, I'd be shocked if they didn't at least make an offer or something.

« Reply #920 on: July 01, 2018, 06:13:49 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Jabari Young
Verified Account
@JabariJYoung

(Retweeted Ian Begley)

This is accurate. If LA doesn’t land him...Kawhi would entertain the possibility of staying with #Sixers beyond next season ... #Spurs

@IanBegley

On the Sixers and a potential trade for Kawhi Leonard, it’s worth noting that there are several people with Philadelphia who feel confident that Leonard would strongly consider re-signing there next summer if they traded for him.

Jabari Young is a reliable Spurs reporter and he's probably talking/leaking from Kawhi's camp.

I feel like the Clippers and Jerry West could try something soon in the Kawhi sweepstakes. Even if it doesn't work, I'd be shocked if they didn't at least make an offer or something.

I mean, “willing to resign” is a far cry from “entertain the possibility of resigning” though lol

Still think this is all mainly a ploy to get LA to pay a good price for Kawhi, which is where I think he ultimately ends up.

« Reply #921 on: July 01, 2018, 06:15:30 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Jabari Young
Verified Account
@JabariJYoung

(Retweeted Ian Begley)

@IanBegley

I mean, “willing to resign” is a far cry from “entertain the possibility of resigning” though lol

Still think this is all mainly a ploy to get LA to pay a good price for Kawhi, which is where I think he ultimately ends up.

Lol I guess. Fair point.

Ugh I just want this whole saga to go away soon. Just keep them away from PHI please!

« Reply #922 on: July 01, 2018, 06:59:16 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
In exchange for Kawhi Leonard, the #Spurs asked the #76ers for three future first-round draft choices and two current players, per a source familiar with the negotiations. Source would not comment yet on which current players SA asked for.

« Reply #923 on: July 01, 2018, 07:01:50 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Jabari Young
Verified Account
@JabariJYoung

(Retweeted Ian Begley)

@IanBegley

Lol I guess. Fair point.

Ugh I just want this whole saga to go away soon. Just keep them away from PHI please!

Agreed. I want them out West, as the only real possibility for them teaming up in the East is Philly, which isn’t ideal for us.

Even in LA, I don’t think that team can beat both Houston and GS, and as good as Lebron is, he’s going to eventually start declining at his age.

« Reply #924 on: July 01, 2018, 07:03:25 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
In exchange for Kawhi Leonard, the #Spurs asked the #76ers for three future first-round draft choices and two current players, per a source familiar with the negotiations. Source would not comment yet on which current players SA asked for.

Lol Pop and Buford looking for a Brooklyn-esque haul for Kawhi!

If that’s what they’re asking for, maybe LA really doesn’t have enough to get him, especially with Ball not being a consideration for San Antonio.

« Reply #925 on: July 01, 2018, 07:15:16 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Jabari Young
Verified Account
@JabariJYoung

(Retweeted Ian Begley)

@IanBegley

I listened to Jabari. Thought he had an anti-Boston, pro-Philly bias, which is probably because he’s from Philly. Suggested Pops should hang up the phone unless Boston offered Brown, Tatum and picks, and said Kawhi favored Philly over Boston because he had family nearer Philly, it wasn’t as cold, and also brought up the racial perception of Boston. Impossible to tell whether he was injecting his views or those of Kawaii’s camp. I think he lost credibility by insisting Tatum had to be included in trade package for San Antonio to even talk.

« Reply #926 on: July 01, 2018, 07:45:11 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Jabari Young
Verified Account
@JabariJYoung

(Retweeted Ian Begley)

@IanBegley

I listened to Jabari. Thought he had an anti-Boston, pro-Philly bias, which is probably because he’s from Philly. Suggested Pops should hang up the phone unless Boston offered Brown, Tatum and picks, and said Kawhi favored Philly over Boston because he had family nearer Philly, it wasn’t as cold, and also brought up the racial perception of Boston. Impossible to tell whether he was injecting his views or those of Kawaii’s camp. I think he lost credibility by insisting Tatum had to be included in trade package for San Antonio to even talk.

Yeah I think Jabari Young came on Toucher and Rich the other day, and on NBC Sports Boston in a few segments too. He said it'd probably take Brown and Tatum in a package to land Kawhi. LOLOLOL. If that's the offer, the C's should tell SA to just kick rocks.  :laugh:

I'd be shocked if Fultz isn't one of the players they asked for. Has to be something like Fultz, Saric + 3 draft picks. Otherwise, Saric + Covington + pick(s) is underwhelming.

« Reply #927 on: July 01, 2018, 08:04:02 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743

Lol Pop and Buford looking for a Brooklyn-esque haul for Kawhi!

If that’s what they’re asking for, maybe LA really doesn’t have enough to get him, especially with Ball not being a consideration for San Antonio.

I guess Pierce and KG were HoF players who were over the hill. Does it make sense, then, that an MVP candidate in his prime should fetch a similar return? I don't think it's crazy.

It's also possible the Spurs are willing to take this into the season and if Kawhi is still a problem, trade him later.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #928 on: July 01, 2018, 08:05:20 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
LOL I HATE THE SIXERS BUT THIS IS SUCH AN ABSURD TAKE BY WINDHORST  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/8ve8g2/windhorst_if_sixers_were_serious_about_getting/

« Reply #929 on: July 01, 2018, 08:08:25 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
LOL I HATE THE SIXERS BUT THIS IS SUCH AN ABSURD TAKE BY WINDHORST  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/8ve8g2/windhorst_if_sixers_were_serious_about_getting/

James agent is also Simmons agent. Really feel like the Sixers are willing pawns to raise the price and push the lakers.