Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121580 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #900 on: June 29, 2018, 05:52:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Would Philly consider trading Simmons for Kawhi if Lebron committed to join them? Spurs would do it. Philly would be favored in East, maybe overall. That team would be tough. Plus you avoid the bad mix of Lebron and Simmons. 

« Reply #901 on: June 29, 2018, 05:56:26 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Would Philly consider trading Simmons for Kawhi if Lebron committed to join them? Spurs would do it. Philly would be favored in East, maybe overall. That team would be tough. Plus you avoid the bad mix of Lebron and Simmons.
It would be crazy to give up one of your two franchise players, under lock and key for years, for a guy with only one year left. Doesn't matter what Kawhi says, Philly can't take that risk.

« Reply #902 on: June 29, 2018, 06:00:40 PM »

Online Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Now hearing reports that Boston is 'open' to trading Kyrie for Kahwi.  I'm thinking this is fake news.  If you trade Kyrie you create a hole at the 1.  From what I saw, Rozier is nowhere near the level of KI. 

Meanwhile the Celtics already have a wealth of wings with Brown, Tatum, Hayward, and add Kahwi on top of that?  It would make more sense to move Brown or Hayward so there would be enough wing minutes to go around.

I think he was, but since the Bill Simmons show, and after Hayward said something about them talking and getting excited for the season, and after he's talked to Stevens, I don't think he's being movie now. But who knows with DA.

« Reply #903 on: June 29, 2018, 06:21:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
It would be crazy to give up one of your two franchise players, under lock and key for years, for a guy with only one year left. Doesn't matter what Kawhi says, Philly can't take that risk.

Heard he’d be more inclined to re-up there, especially if Lebron joined him.

« Reply #904 on: June 29, 2018, 07:26:52 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Lonzo Ball injured (torn meniscus). Will likely return by Training Camp.

LaVar trying to make sure Lonzo doesn't get traded  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #905 on: June 29, 2018, 09:42:01 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

Heard he’d be more inclined to re-up there, especially if Lebron joined him.
Wasn't the rationale for him in Philly that his uncle is in NJ or some such?

Maybe he's more likely, but I don't see how they can gamble with Simmons. That's like betting your 401K. No matter how deeply the odds are stacked in your favor, you can't afford to lose.

« Reply #906 on: June 30, 2018, 09:06:59 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yeah Lonzo can't be valid trade bait now with the injured meniscus.  So Lakers will find it even tougher to provide a matching trade deal for Leonard.  They are gonna have to give up a treasure chest -- Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, maybe even Randall to make the salaries match.  Is that kind of gutting of the roster worth it for Leonard when they could theoretically just wait a year?

But the other question, will Lebron be willing to goto LA Lakers alone, without having a star like Leonard or George in place willing to go with him right away?

« Reply #907 on: June 30, 2018, 09:35:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Yeah Lonzo can't be valid trade bait now with the injured meniscus.  So Lakers will find it even tougher to provide a matching trade deal for Leonard.  They are gonna have to give up a treasure chest -- Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, maybe even Randall to make the salaries match.  Is that kind of gutting of the roster worth it for Leonard when they could theoretically just wait a year?

But the other question, will Lebron be willing to goto LA Lakers alone, without having a star like Leonard or George in place willing to go with him right away?

I really don’t think so, which Is why when word gets out about George staying in OKC I can see LAL getting desperate and giving SAS everything they ask for Leonard.

« Reply #908 on: July 01, 2018, 01:51:57 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Looking more and more like Kawhi is headed to the 76ers, with LeBron James connected (meeting with reps):

Jordan Schultz

Verified account

@Schultz_Report
Follow Follow @Schultz_Report
More
The #76ers interest in Kawhi Leonard “remains strong,” a league source confirms. The #Spurs, per multiple league sources, remain motivated to trade Leonard.

9:33 AM - 1 Jul 2018

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #909 on: July 01, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Looking more and more like Kawhi is headed to the 76ers, with LeBron James connected (meeting with reps):

Jordan Schultz

Verified account

@Schultz_Report
Follow Follow @Schultz_Report
More
The #76ers interest in Kawhi Leonard “remains strong,” a league source confirms. The #Spurs, per multiple league sources, remain motivated to trade Leonard.

9:33 AM - 1 Jul 2018

Or the 76ers are leaking this info as they meet with LeBron's reps so they can spin it as a selling point.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #910 on: July 01, 2018, 05:10:29 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Either this is all legit or it is all theater for clicks

« Reply #911 on: July 01, 2018, 05:15:58 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
If Spurs trade Leonard to PHI they'd better ask for the farm. And the goats, chickens, horses and the farmer's son and daughter.

« Reply #912 on: July 01, 2018, 05:31:50 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
So apparently, now we're hearing reports that Kawhi is willing to re-sign with PHI long term.

I think in that case, SAS would ask for more than Saric + Covington + 2021 Heat Pick. They'd definitely want back Fultz in the package. Don't see SAS taking anything less than that package (w/o Fultz), otherwise other teams could and should just make similar offers.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #913 on: July 01, 2018, 05:41:42 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
So apparently, now we're hearing reports that Kawhi is willing to re-sign with PHI long term.

I think in that case, SAS would ask for more than Saric + Covington + 2021 Heat Pick. They'd definitely want back Fultz in the package. Don't see SAS taking anything less than that package (w/o Fultz), otherwise other teams could and should just make similar offers.

I like the trade with Fultz, Saric, Covington and picks.  I think the East needs another good team and it’s the right thing— even if it means a harder road to the Finals for the C’s.  I absolutely LOVE the prospect that the Lakers will not be rewarded for creating cap space.  But I’ll believe it when it happens.

It doesn’t surprise me that KL would commit to long-term with Philly.  I can’t fathom that LBJ and Kawhi would end up in Philly only to jump to LA in a year. That won’t happen.

Bring on the new rivalry. 

« Reply #914 on: July 01, 2018, 05:50:07 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

I like the trade with Fultz, Saric, Covington and picks.  I think the East needs another good team and it’s the right thing— even if it means a harder road to the Finals for the C’s.  I absolutely LOVE the prospect that the Lakers will not be rewarded for creating cap space.  But I’ll believe it when it happens.

It doesn’t surprise me that KL would commit to long-term with Philly.  I can’t fathom that LBJ and Kawhi would end up in Philly only to jump to LA in a year. That won’t happen.

Bring on the new rivalry.

I agree that it would make the EC more interesting, but IMO it is unlikely the Spurs take this offer. Lowe tweeted about this today

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/1013461023565778944