Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121548 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #870 on: June 28, 2018, 11:25:08 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Seems like a much better shot to resign Kyrie than Kawhi, even though both are locked in for 1 season. Never thought I'd say no to someone like Kawhi.

Smart + Memphis pick + Yabs + Morris? I suppose, yes.

« Reply #871 on: June 28, 2018, 11:27:40 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
One point of the Leonard discussion that keeps repeating here....Ainge isn't going to trade Brown for a rental.

Stop it. Stop saying it, it isn't going to happen.

Ainge might make a deal for Leonard's last year that would involve no important Celtics starter except Irving who also, only has one year and thus has no more value to the Celtics than Leonard on his final year of his contract  would.

Ainge is working on getting acknowledged as one of the top NBA execs of all time. Stop saying he's going to "trade Brown for a rental" and focus on what he might actually be doing in this Leonard deal. It is far more interesting.

Is Ainge just trying to mess with the deal to hurt the Lakers? Or, any other team? Is his tactic to try and drive Leonard's price higher?

I don't think those are the reasons. Ainge may have a deal that does not involve Leonard and this debate might have an impact on that deal.

Leonard
Hayward
Horford
Tatum
Bown

If Irving goes out there's your line up. Is this what Ainge wants? Believe it or not? It works financially.

Is the timing for this roster correct? Are Tatum and Brown NBA title game ready? Well? Would you bet your life on it?

Can this roster beat GSW? It is Ainge's job to win a title not assemble draft picks and young players for an unidentified point in the future. Ainge has all these assets to get the transcendent player(s) that will win the title now.

If Leonard and this roster can get them a title this year? It is Ainge's responsibility to get him and if you think that Ainge would trade Jaylen Brown for one year of Leonard just what have you been smoking for the last 15+ years?
That lineup ain't working. Kyrie would be much more valuable to that lineup than Kawhi. The only way you make that trade is if you think you have a better shot at resigning KL than KI.

« Reply #872 on: June 28, 2018, 11:40:22 PM »

Offline Kevins Gamble

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
One point of the Leonard discussion that keeps repeating here....Ainge isn't going to trade Brown for a rental.

Stop it. Stop saying it, it isn't going to happen.

Ainge might make a deal for Leonard's last year that would involve no important Celtics starter except Irving who also, only has one year and thus has no more value to the Celtics than Leonard on his final year of his contract  would.

Ainge is working on getting acknowledged as one of the top NBA execs of all time. Stop saying he's going to "trade Brown for a rental" and focus on what he might actually be doing in this Leonard deal. It is far more interesting.

Is Ainge just trying to mess with the deal to hurt the Lakers? Or, any other team? Is his tactic to try and drive Leonard's price higher?

I don't think those are the reasons. Ainge may have a deal that does not involve Leonard and this debate might have an impact on that deal.

Leonard
Hayward
Horford
Tatum
Bown

If Irving goes out there's your line up. Is this what Ainge wants? Believe it or not? It works financially.

Is the timing for this roster correct? Are Tatum and Brown NBA title game ready? Well? Would you bet your life on it?

Can this roster beat GSW? It is Ainge's job to win a title not assemble draft picks and young players for an unidentified point in the future. Ainge has all these assets to get the transcendent player(s) that will win the title now.

If Leonard and this roster can get them a title this year? It is Ainge's responsibility to get him and if you think that Ainge would trade Jaylen Brown for one year of Leonard just what have you been smoking for the last 15+ years?
tp

It’s an interesting thought and interesting lineup

Ainge might kill the point guard and go full wing

Wut?  Are you saying that it's Ainge's responsibility to get Leonard, even for one year if it means this roster (+ Leonard) can get a title this year............or are you saying anyone accusing Ainge of considering exactly that hasn't been paying attention?  Because it seems like you're saying both in those last two paragraphs.
"AAAAAHAHAAAAHHAAA....take that with your beard....AAAAHHHHAAHHHAAHHAAH..YAAAHHHAHAHAH!!!"
- Cedric Maxwell, Esq

« Reply #873 on: June 29, 2018, 01:30:44 AM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
No worries guys, I channeled my inner NBA Live and solved everything:

Hayward, BOS19 to SA
Tatum, Green, SAC19, MEM19, LAC19 to NO
Kawhi, Davis to BOS

San Antonio gets 3 years of Hayward to ditch Kawhi, plus a pick.
NO gets the best deal they'll ever see for Davis: Tatum and triple 1st rounders.
BOS gets two superstars and Davis is $10M cheaper than Hayward + Tatum next summer.

Kyrie/ Brown/ Kawhi/ Horford/ Davis FTW.

« Reply #874 on: June 29, 2018, 01:31:01 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Spurs beat reporter on podcast said Kyrie would prefer Philly to Boston, wouldn’t re-sign with Celtics. Also said Spurs should hang up on Danny unless he includes Tatum, Brown and a pick.

Personally think the guy is full of it but thought I’d post.

« Reply #875 on: June 29, 2018, 01:32:50 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Spurs beat reporter on podcast said Kyrie would prefer Philly to Boston, wouldn’t re-sign with Celtics. Also said Spurs should hang up on Danny unless he includes Tatum, Brown and a pick.

Yeah, that guy seems full of it.

« Reply #876 on: June 29, 2018, 01:50:37 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

kyrie or kawhi?

« Reply #877 on: June 29, 2018, 03:21:41 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

Jabari Young, comes off as a know it all. Pretty much threw Pop under a bus as well. Philly guy that says he’s not biased but his tone said otherwise.

« Reply #878 on: June 29, 2018, 03:53:49 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Does anybody else think we are being used as leverage? It comes out that Spurs are trading Leonard, and immediately its the Celtics and Lakers reported as involved. This is the spurs signaling to the Lakers to start the bidding, and bring your A game because your hated rival with a ton of assets is in this thing. Then names like Brown, Irving get thrown around and the Celtics leak that Brown isn't on the table because they don't wnat to p--- him off and make him think he's in trade talks. We saw how Irving responded to that in Cle last year. Its not worth it to drive up the price on LA if you alienate a young star. Furthermore now we see reports that the Celtics and Spurs have barely even spoken about Kawhi, and no real offers have been made. It seems obvious that the Spurs and Lakers are really negotiating, and it makes sense because thats where Kawhi wants to go, and the Lakers are desperate (a lot more so then the Celtics or 76ers). In the end Kawhi will get traded there for a Ingram, Kuzma, draft pick package is my guess.

« Reply #879 on: June 29, 2018, 03:57:56 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Does anybody else think we are being used as leverage? It comes out that Spurs are trading Leonard, and immediately its the Celtics and Lakers reported as involved. This is the spurs signaling to the Lakers to start the bidding, and bring your A game because your hated rival with a ton of assets is in this thing. Then names like Brown, Irving get thrown around and the Celtics leak that Brown isn't on the table because they don't wnat to p--- him off and make him think he's in trade talks. We saw how Irving responded to that in Cle last year. Its not worth it to drive up the price on LA if you alienate a young star. Furthermore now we see reports that the Celtics and Spurs have barely even spoken about Kawhi, and no real offers have been made. It seems obvious that the Spurs and Lakers are really negotiating, and it makes sense because thats where Kawhi wants to go, and the Lakers are desperate (a lot more so then the Celtics or 76ers). In the end Kawhi will get traded there for a Ingram, Kuzma, draft pick package is my guess.
Even if we don't land him it is useful to drive his price up.
Philly, Lakers...
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #880 on: June 29, 2018, 04:13:03 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Yep, fine by me. Ainge should tell Buford to go crazy with leaked rumors. Both Ainge and Buford want the same thing: the Lakers pay through the nose for him. If we can help with that, we will. If Ainge is worried about players like Brown or Irving getting peeved that they are reportedly being offered, shoot them a text and say don’t sweat it, you’re not going anywhere.

And if the Lakers won’t pony up, maybe we will swoop in.

Win-win for us.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #881 on: June 29, 2018, 09:42:05 AM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I didn't see this anywhere in the thread so I'll post it. At 1:12 yesterday, Mark Murphy tweeted:

Speaking to league executive, one thing is clear. Celtics have not received any assurances from Kawhi Leonard that he wants to com here.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #882 on: June 29, 2018, 09:42:49 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I didn't see this anywhere in the thread so I'll post it. At 1:12 yesterday, Mark Murphy tweeted:

Speaking to league executive, one thing is clear. Celtics have not received any assurances from Kawhi Leonard that he wants to com here.

It’s buried somewhere in here but worth reiterating.

« Reply #883 on: June 29, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

It’s buried somewhere in here but worth reiterating.

« Reply #884 on: June 29, 2018, 09:54:51 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Yep, fine by me. Ainge should tell Buford to go crazy with leaked rumors. Both Ainge and Buford want the same thing: the Lakers pay through the nose for him. If we can help with that, we will. If Ainge is worried about players like Brown or Irving getting peeved that they are reportedly being offered, shoot them a text and say don’t sweat it, you’re not going anywhere.

And if the Lakers won’t pony up, maybe we will swoop in.

Win-win for us.
I'm sorry, but why on earth do you think it benefits us in the least for the Lakers to over pay?

This isn't the 80s. The Lakers are almost utterly inconsequential to the Celtics right now. If I'm Ainge, I'd rather be concerned with showing a little  loyalty to my best players. He's on the verge of building a championship contender and lets the media portray it as if he's dying to tear it apart for a one year rental.