Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121536 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #825 on: June 28, 2018, 05:22:13 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
It's been reported everywhere that Kawhi isn't giving any assurance to anyone other than LAL.

Either this is just SAS posturing for Laker concessions, or Danny Ainge is insane.

until now?

https://twitter.com/redsarmy_john/status/1012432719236812802?s=21

New Post:  Report: Kawhi Leonard open to playing in other markets (i.e. Boston): Via Sports

If this is true, then it may force Danny to increase his offer.

Will Kawhi sign a 4 or 5 yr extension with Boston? If so, I'm listening. But I still want to keep Tatum.
Current thinking is that Tatum is safe but Brown is not.

If Danny gets assurance that Kawhi is open to signing an extension, then everyone short of Hayward, Kyrie, Horford and Tatum should be on the table. Get the deal done.

« Reply #826 on: June 28, 2018, 05:22:33 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Leave our team as is..we was one game away from finals and w/o kyrie & hayward..let Warriors, Lakers & Houston battle it out..we only have to play one of them in the Finals 😁
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #827 on: June 28, 2018, 05:26:44 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It's been reported everywhere that Kawhi isn't giving any assurance to anyone other than LAL.

Either this is just SAS posturing for Laker concessions, or Danny Ainge is insane.

until now?

https://twitter.com/redsarmy_john/status/1012432719236812802?s=21

New Post:  Report: Kawhi Leonard open to playing in other markets (i.e. Boston): Via Sports

If this is true, then it may force Danny to increase his offer.

Will Kawhi sign a 4 or 5 yr extension with Boston? If so, I'm listening. But I still want to keep Tatum.
Current thinking is that Tatum is safe but Brown is not.

If Danny gets assurance that Kawhi is open to signing an extension, then everyone short of Hayward, Kyrie, Horford and Tatum should be on the table. Get the deal done.

It doesn't make financial sense for him to sign an extension. He's going to go to free agency in 2019 no matter where he's traded.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #828 on: June 28, 2018, 05:27:58 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Problem is how do you get him to commit if he opts out next yr... Which he will and he will not negotiate any extensions so he does not lose out money wise... Verbal commitments are meh in this day and age.. For all we know he could pull a Boozer.. Commit but not really on the eleventh hour.

It’s risky but if your only giving up brown, if he walks your left with replacing a solid bench scorer. which they could potentially get via sign/trade for Kawhi next year or free agency.  It’s not ideal but bringing in him and only losing brown and maybe a pick you gotta think that puts them in the title picture as a win.  Winning would be enough for him to stay I’d hope.

« Reply #829 on: June 28, 2018, 05:38:12 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Kawhi cannot be reached for comment.....due to the cruise he is on.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #830 on: June 28, 2018, 05:57:46 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Have the Spurs given other teams permission to talk to Kawhi's agent? If not, I can't imagine any deal is close.  This despite the fact that the C. Paul trade was agreed to on the 28th of last year, George was traded on the 1st, etc. 

An added confound is that Kawhi's uncle is his 'agent,' though I think it's unclear if he's his primary agent or not.  If the latter, teams may have been bold enough to have already had discussions with his camp.  And the Lakers have been calling him for months, regardless.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 06:13:38 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #831 on: June 28, 2018, 05:59:57 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
If this happens, and we trade Brown, I'm going to be very disappointed. We'll have a better shot at a title next year, but I don't know how they hold a contraption like this together longer term.

I very much would prefer to watch this team as a fan instead of a fantasy league player, and see Tatum and Brown grow together and lead this team for a decade.

« Reply #832 on: June 28, 2018, 06:03:31 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Above the rim now reports a combo of smart, rozier, brown, morris, and two firsts.  Any combination that works.  Waiting for a long term commit from Leonard.

Who?

Tupac is returning for the sequel.

Reports out of SA that Popovich is considering a package headlined by Kyle Lee Watson.  Motaw, Shep and Flip needed to match salaries.   
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 06:12:25 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #833 on: June 28, 2018, 06:17:30 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Above the rim now reports a combo of smart, rozier, brown, morris, and two firsts.  Any combination that works.  Waiting for a long term commit from Leonard.

Who?

Tupac is returning for the sequel.

Reports out of SA that Popovich is considering a package headlined by Kyle Lee Watson.  Motaw, Shep and Flip needed to match salaries.
You hear that, Nutso? The boy here says he owes me.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #834 on: June 28, 2018, 06:18:24 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Problem is how do you get him to commit if he opts out next yr... Which he will and he will not negotiate any extensions so he does not lose out money wise... Verbal commitments are meh in this day and age.. For all we know he could pull a Boozer.. Commit but not really on the eleventh hour.

It’s risky but if your only giving up brown, if he walks your left with replacing a solid bench scorer. which they could potentially get via sign/trade for Kawhi next year or free agency.  It’s not ideal but bringing in him and only losing brown and maybe a pick you gotta think that puts them in the title picture as a win.  Winning would be enough for him to stay I’d hope.

If you arent getting a long term assurance u dont do Brown for Leonard straight up. Brown is not a projected as a solid bench scorer, he is better than that right now and still only 21.

« Reply #835 on: June 28, 2018, 06:23:51 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Why do I get the feeling the spurs want to deal with Boston but the Celtics are slow playing them

« Reply #836 on: June 28, 2018, 06:23:53 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
kuz
Verified account
@kylekuzma

Asking for a friend. Who gives the media this much info? You’d think the media are the ones making the trades 😂

10:06 AM - 28 Jun 2018

LOL.

But actually, I'm wondering this too. Do the sources literally just follow the players and GM's around all day?? How the hell does Stephen A. Smith even know who Lebron texted?  :P

Like it's one thing for some GM's and FO to leak some rumors to reporters, but I highly doubt the players/FO tell the reporters every single thing they are doing lol.

They implanted an app or a chip in the players' phones to spy and read what they're texting. Therefore, Stephen A. Smith knows what's happening between LBJ and Durant!

Actually, he doesn't. His claim was proven wrong just a few hours ago. Never happened  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #837 on: June 28, 2018, 06:25:20 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm not buying the Sixers rumor. Spurs are "strongly interested" in Covington, Saric and 2021 Heat Pick? That's it??!?!?

My guess is, by adding emphasis to the pick, the Spurs are pushing for a draft pick IN addition to Kuzma, Ingram and Randle (S&T). Or Hart. Either Hart or a pick as the fourth asset.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #838 on: June 28, 2018, 06:31:30 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I do not think you can ad other players with the sign n trade situation?   Can someone verify that?   
Diggles

« Reply #839 on: June 28, 2018, 06:31:36 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Spurs want a better haul than Kyrie and George got. Good luck with that considering the circumstances.