Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121547 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #795 on: June 28, 2018, 04:13:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Think Lakers will get him, at end of day. They have too much to lose, and get the most in return.

And Lebron will join him.

« Reply #796 on: June 28, 2018, 04:13:46 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Going to be a letdown when everyone stays put...James one more year with a bad Cavs team, Leonard pouting in SA and PG13 playing second fiddle to Westbrook.

« Reply #797 on: June 28, 2018, 04:13:59 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
It's been reported everywhere that Kawhi isn't giving any assurance to anyone other than LAL.

Either this is just SAS posturing for Laker concessions, or Danny Ainge is insane.

« Reply #798 on: June 28, 2018, 04:15:17 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It's been reported everywhere that Kawhi isn't giving any assurance to anyone other than LAL.

Either this is just SAS posturing for Laker concessions, or Danny Ainge is insane.

Danny is going to lowball the Spurs until they are upfront with him about his injury and getting a commitment beyond this season. No need to float real deals until then.

« Reply #799 on: June 28, 2018, 04:19:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Think Lakers will get him, at end of day. They have too much to lose, and get the most in return.

And Lebron will join him.

I think that's what will happen too. The Lakers need to make a splash. They can't go on like this....

« Reply #800 on: June 28, 2018, 04:20:01 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Ainge is gonna get kahwi. Book it. The man doesn’t lose trades

« Reply #801 on: June 28, 2018, 04:21:17 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Ainge is gonna get kahwi. Book it. The man doesn’t lose trades

This trade isn’t winnable, which is why I suspect he doesn’t get Kawhi.

« Reply #802 on: June 28, 2018, 04:21:29 PM »

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
Kawhi has let everyone know he plans on signing with LA.

Nothing of value should be offered. We don't have assets to burn. We got this roster and the team everyone wants to trade with because we haven't done stupid things like give up good players and picks for a one year rental.

I'll admit I did not read all 60 pages of this thread, but I have not seen enough comments like the one above.
I understand why such a talented player is coveted by many teams, but there are real concerns here. Between the way he handled last year, the extent of the injury that limited him to 7(?) games, and the fact that he has all but committed to the Lakers next year, I don't know why anybody is bothering trying to trade for him.

« Reply #803 on: June 28, 2018, 04:24:53 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Some interesting tidbits in this Sixers going after Leonard article

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/28/kawhi-leonard-trade-nba-free-agency-spurs-76ers-celtics-lakers

San Antonio has informed teams its preferred target in any Leonard trade is the Celtics' Jayson Tatum, sources say. Teams have noted this is likely a negotiating tactic, and it’s widely believed in league circles Boston is more likely to propose a deal centered around Kyrie Irving and future picks. But based on previous behavior, the Celtics are unlikely to overpay for Leonard.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #804 on: June 28, 2018, 04:25:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Some interesting tidbits in this Sixers going after Leonard article

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/28/kawhi-leonard-trade-nba-free-agency-spurs-76ers-celtics-lakers

San Antonio has informed teams its preferred target in any Leonard trade is the Celtics' Jayson Tatum, sources say. Teams have noted this is likely a negotiating tactic, and it’s widely believed in league circles Boston is more likely to propose a deal centered around Kyrie Irving and future picks. But based on previous behavior, the Celtics are unlikely to overpay for Leonard.
the Cavs asked for Tatum too last summer. Ainge laughed and hung up until they came calling back

It’s funny how everyone asks for Tatum. I wonder why

« Reply #805 on: June 28, 2018, 04:26:45 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Feels like the Lakers get it done in the long run

« Reply #806 on: June 28, 2018, 04:27:28 PM »

Offline Kevins Gamble

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21

Nothing of value should be offered. We don't have assets to burn. We got this roster and the team everyone wants to trade with because we haven't done stupid things like give up good players and picks for a one year rental.

I'll admit I did not read all 60 pages of this thread, but I have not seen enough comments like the one above.
I understand why such a talented player is coveted by many teams, but there are real concerns here. Between the way he handled last year, the extent of the injury that limited him to 7(?) games, and the fact that he has all but committed to the Lakers next year, I don't know why anybody is bothering trying to trade for him.

This x1000...while it's obviously tantalizing to draw up our 2019 lineups with Leonard penciled in...I can only think about how we're going to feel next year at this time when he's standing on a podium with Magic, all smiles while he holds up his new Laker jersey AND we look to a future of hearing about Jaylen Brown leading an invigorated and young Spurs team to the playoffs year after year.

If someone wants to pay a kings ransom for a one year rental...let them.  If we want to stay in this to make sure either the Lakers or Sixers have to....awesome.  But let's not trick ourselves here...
"AAAAAHAHAAAAHHAAA....take that with your beard....AAAAHHHHAAHHHAAHHAAH..YAAAHHHAHAHAH!!!"
- Cedric Maxwell, Esq

« Reply #807 on: June 28, 2018, 04:30:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Feels like the Lakers get it done in the long run
remember when George asked to be traded to lakers last season? He changed his mind. Kyrie wanted Knicks. He changed his mind. Ainge is going to gamble 

« Reply #808 on: June 28, 2018, 04:31:29 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

I believe Kawhi has thrown that out there (LA only) because he knows getting traded there is his most logical way there.

If he gets traded elsewhere, he may not be able to get there at all (if they sign two max free agents this summer), and even if he does, it will be for like $50 million less.

I think it’s a bluff that he definitely won’t resign anywhere else and will go to the Clippers if need be. Do you really think he would leave a defending championship squad AND leave $50M on the table in his prime to be on a non-contender in his hometown?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #809 on: June 28, 2018, 04:32:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

This x1000...while it's obviously tantalizing to draw up our 2019 lineups with Leonard penciled in...I can only think about how we're going to feel next year at this time when he's standing on a podium with Magic, all smiles while he holds up his new Laker jersey AND we look to a future of hearing about Jaylen Brown leading an invigorated and young Spurs team to the playoffs year after year.

If someone wants to pay a kings ransom for a one year rental...let them.  If we want to stay in this to make sure either the Lakers or Sixers have to....awesome.  But let's not trick ourselves here...

At the same time, reports this time last year were that Paul George was a lock to go to the Lakers, and now he's apparently leaning toward staying in OKC. 

I wouldn't do a trade without a promise to sign, either, but it's not as straightforward as "he's definitely going to the Lakers in a year".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes