Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121556 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #765 on: June 28, 2018, 02:53:54 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Per Gary Washburn

Hearing Jaylen Brown has NOT been discussed in any potential deal for Kawhi Leonard. #Celtics⁠ ⁠ are taking conservative approach in talks with #Spurs.

I don’t buy this, either. Washburn is probably carrying water for the Celtics, trying to spare Jaylen’s psyche.
I believe it. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the Spurs have been leaking Boston rumors to the media to drive up the price for the Lakers.

it also wouldn't surprise me if Ainge is offering the Spurs nothing but low balls.

The Spurs would simply hang up, though. There wouldn’t be any dialogue or “talks”.

One of Tatum / Brown / Kyrie is necessary.

Horford, Rozier, Morris and two first round picks wouldn't get it done?
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #766 on: June 28, 2018, 02:54:00 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Above the rim now reports a combo of smart, rozier, brown, morris, and two firsts.  Any combination that works.  Waiting for a long term commit from Leonard.

Love it, King of fake news tells others they are fake news bahahaha!!

Anyway who would be our back up PG when KI goes down for 20 games Larkin? :o

« Reply #767 on: June 28, 2018, 02:54:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Per Gary Washburn

Hearing Jaylen Brown has NOT been discussed in any potential deal for Kawhi Leonard. #Celtics⁠ ⁠ are taking conservative approach in talks with #Spurs.

I don’t buy this, either. Washburn is probably carrying water for the Celtics, trying to spare Jaylen’s psyche.
I believe it. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the Spurs have been leaking Boston rumors to the media to drive up the price for the Lakers.

it also wouldn't surprise me if Ainge is offering the Spurs nothing but low balls.

The Spurs would simply hang up, though. There wouldn’t be any dialogue or “talks”.

Have to imagine unless it's the Kings pick, Ingram+Kuzma and maybe a 1st rounder looks more appealing.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #768 on: June 28, 2018, 02:56:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Above the rim now reports a combo of smart, rozier, brown, morris, and two firsts.  Any combination that works.  Waiting for a long term commit from Leonard.

Love it, King of fake news tells others they are fake news bahahaha!!

Anyway who would be our back up PG when KI goes down for 20 games Larkin? :o

Are we even keeping Larkin? (I mean I'd love to but honestly doubt it)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #769 on: June 28, 2018, 02:57:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
You know, it's a good thing this month is basically considered training for me, so I only work half-day shifts like 2-3 days a week (so I left work just recently). Because good grief if it was full-time right now I wouldn't be able to concentrate seeing all these rumors/reports.  :laugh:

Unfortunately starting next week I officially go full time and we all know Lebron is probably making his official decision then while I'm doing stuff :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #770 on: June 28, 2018, 02:59:46 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Per Gary Washburn

I wouldn’t think so. Why would the Spurs want Horford?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #771 on: June 28, 2018, 03:00:49 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
You can do a S&T with any of your team's free agents.

But I thought there used to be a rule where S&T players could only be traded on their own (with no other players going out)? So no Smart+Morris+etc or no IT+Ingram+whatever.

Has that rule changed? Or has that never been a rule?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #772 on: June 28, 2018, 03:01:04 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
lakers trying to avoid giving up Kuzma but since Ball is a turd, can't avoid that
I really don't get why Kuzma is more highly regarded than Ball by so many people.

He can shoot and doesn't have lavar as a father
I have a lot more confidence he can get better as a shooter than Kuzma will become a multi-dimensional player. Right now all he does is shoot.

Not with James. You need shooters to space the floor. How do you play Ball and James together? Ball best attributes are ball handling and passing. James will be ball dominate in LA, making Ball pretty useless. Kuzma gives them an outside shooter

« Reply #773 on: June 28, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Danny's clinging to Brown and the Sac pick---cause they are BOTH Gold.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #774 on: June 28, 2018, 03:08:09 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Danny's clinging to Brown and the Sac pick---cause they are BOTH Gold.

You may be correct, but Kawhi is a diamond.

« Reply #775 on: June 28, 2018, 03:11:05 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

But I thought there used to be a rule where S&T players could only be traded on their own (with no other players going out)? So no Smart+Morris+etc or no IT+Ingram+whatever.

That's never been a rule afaik. Players who were recently traded can not be aggregated into another trade, only traded on their own for a certain period of time.

From the Larry Coon FAQ:
The player must re-sign with his prior team -- a team cannot include another team's free agent in a sign-and-trade.
The player must finish the preceding season with that team (deals are no longer allowed that sign-and-trade players who are out of the league, such as the sign-and-trade that sent Keith Van Horn from Dallas to New Jersey as part of the Jason Kidd trade in 2008).
The player cannot be a restricted free agent who has signed an offer sheet with another team (see question number 42).
The team receiving the player cannot be above the "Apron" (see question number 20) at the conclusion of the trade1, 2. A team above the Apron can receive a player in a sign-and-trade if the trade reduces the team's payroll and the team finishes the trade below the Apron.
The team cannot receive a player in a sign-and-trade if they have used the Taxpayer Mid-Level exception (see question number 25) that season.1
The trade must be completed prior to the first game of the regular season (sign-and-trades are not allowed once the season begins).
The player cannot be signed using the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, the Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, or any exception that cannot be used to offer a three-year contract (see question number 25).

« Reply #776 on: June 28, 2018, 03:11:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
kuz
Verified account
@kylekuzma

Asking for a friend. Who gives the media this much info? You’d think the media are the ones making the trades 😂

10:06 AM - 28 Jun 2018

LOL.

But actually, I'm wondering this too. Do the sources literally just follow the players and GM's around all day?? How the hell does Stephen A. Smith even know who Lebron texted?  :P

Like it's one thing for some GM's and FO to leak some rumors to reporters, but I highly doubt the players/FO tell the reporters every single thing they are doing lol.

They implanted an app or a chip in the players' phones to spy and read what they're texting. Therefore, Stephen A. Smith knows what's happening between LBJ and Durant!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #777 on: June 28, 2018, 03:11:22 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don’t think that’s a rule, unless it was added in the last CBA.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #778 on: June 28, 2018, 03:13:14 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Kawhi has let everyone know he plans on signing with LA.

Nothing of value should be offered. We don't have assets to burn. We got this roster and the team everyone wants to trade with because we haven't done stupid things like give up good players and picks for a one year rental.

« Reply #779 on: June 28, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

Who?

Tupac is returning for the sequel.