Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121534 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #705 on: June 28, 2018, 01:20:20 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783427-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-lakers-present-spurs-with-a-godfather-offer

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/1012367563035062273

Godfather offer just made by Lakers supposedly

I don’t think they have Godfather assets.

Ingram + Kuzma + Ball. Is that really an offer you can’t refuse?

Ingram Kuzma and Ball is better then Brown and an unknown pick from Sac.  Kind of borderline Godfather offer if you include a future pick as well.

« Reply #706 on: June 28, 2018, 01:21:58 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Danny is not trying to drive up the price for the Lakers, since the two teams are negotiating from completely different points of view. Boston is basing their offer on a one year rental, while LA has to pay a premium for a 6 year plus player.

Just because Ainge is treating this like a rental, doesn’t mean he isn’t driving the price up. If the Spurs are talking to two teams, the desperate one may be willing to up the ante because they need him. We want him, sure. But we will be great without him too.

If Spurs are engaged with us, clearly Ainge is offering something that’s interesting to them. I’m sure Tatum is off the table, but is Brown? Is Ainge trying to do a Smart S&T and whatever picks they desire? I’d give up any of them, even SAC19 for a healthy Kawhi. Then roll the dice. Honestly, we could win 70 games with Irving/Leonard/Hayward/Tatum/Horford.

I know Kawhi is from LA, but it’s not the only place to make a name for yourself. I don’t know if he can walk away from a potential dynasty AND more money.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #707 on: June 28, 2018, 01:22:11 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Per Mark Murphy

Speaking to league executive, one thing is clear. Celtics have not received any assurances from Kawhi Leonard that he wants to come here.

so, he is Lakers bound then for sure. Danny is all about calculated risks and that does not sound like a smart one for us to take.

« Reply #708 on: June 28, 2018, 01:22:57 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783427-kawhi-leonard-trade-rumors-lakers-present-spurs-with-a-godfather-offer

I think that offer beats anything a team outside LA is willing to give without assurances. Although in terms of typical "godfather" offers it doesn't match up.
#JKJB

« Reply #709 on: June 28, 2018, 01:25:12 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I think that offer beats anything a team outside LA is willing to give without assurances. Although in terms of typical "godfather" offers it doesn't match up.

I agree. At the same time, San Antonio can slow play this as long as they want. LA won’t have cap space next year, meaning Leonard may have to be more open minded.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #710 on: June 28, 2018, 01:27:11 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Danny is not trying to drive up the price for the Lakers, since the two teams are negotiating from completely different points of view. Boston is basing their offer on a one year rental, while LA has to pay a premium for a 6 year plus player.

Just because Ainge is treating this like a rental, doesn’t mean he isn’t driving the price up. If the Spurs are talking to two teams, the desperate one may be willing to up the ante because they need him. We want him, sure. But we will be great without him too.

If Spurs are engaged with us, clearly Ainge is offering something that’s interesting to them. I’m sure Tatum is off the table, but is Brown? Is Ainge trying to do a Smart S&T and whatever picks they desire? I’d give up any of them, even SAC19 for a healthy Kawhi. Then roll the dice. Honestly, we could win 70 games with Irving/Leonard/Hayward/Tatum/Horford.

I know Kawhi is from LA, but it’s not the only place to make a name for yourself. I don’t know if he can walk away from a potential dynasty AND more money.
ainge isn't driving up the price. He’s making a formal offer for a superstar
This isn’t ebay

« Reply #711 on: June 28, 2018, 01:30:16 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

If Spurs are engaged with us, clearly Ainge is offering something that’s interesting to them. I’m sure Tatum is off the table but is Brown? Is Ainge trying to do a Smart S&T and whatever picks they desire? I’d give up any of them, even SAC19 for a healthy Kawhi. Then roll the dice. Honestly, we could win 70 games with Irving/Leonard/Hayward/Tatum/Horford.

ainge isn't driving up the price. He’s making a formal offer for a superstar
This isn’t eBay

Actually, I thought I saw it listed as "Make Offer" under the rights for Kawhi Leonard Jersey.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #712 on: June 28, 2018, 01:30:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Per Mark Murphy

Speaking to league executive, one thing is clear. Celtics have not received any assurances from Kawhi Leonard that he wants to come here.

so, he is Lakers bound then for sure. Danny is all about calculated risks and that does not sound like a smart one for us to take.

Don't rule out the Spurs.  Lakers want to trade by tomorrow to ensure LeBron opts out. Spurs have several weeks or months if they're willing to trade mid-season, but the value they could get could shift rapidly during FA season. It's a pretty interesting poker hand.

« Reply #713 on: June 28, 2018, 01:31:34 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Really hope this gets over with soon. I really don’t want any part of the Kawhi uncertainty, but I hope we stay in it long enough to make LA have to pay out of the arse to get him.

Then that would virtually assure Lebron to the Lakers and out of the East, setting up our future for the foreseeable future.

Just hope LA doesn’t land all three of Lebron, Kawhi, and George. Though I still don’t think that would get them past GS, or probably Houston for that matter, given that they would essentially devastate their roster and overall depth to get all three.

« Reply #714 on: June 28, 2018, 01:32:00 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Adrian Wojnarowski: Boston’s extremely cautious on Leonard front. There’s so much uncertainty w/ Leonard’s future — health, free agent desires, etc. Will Leonard be same player? That’s hard to tell. Celtics don’t have to make a risky trade and have no intention to do so. It’s an interesting dance. – via Twitter wojespn

That sounds about right.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #715 on: June 28, 2018, 01:34:31 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

I agree. At the same time, San Antonio can slow play this as long as they want. LA won’t have cap space next year, meaning Leonard may have to be more open minded.

LA is going all in now, to help lure LeBron and George by using Kawhi as being the fist major piece to the puzzle. LeBron is not leaving Cleveland if LA can't get at least two more star players. I think the Lakers pull their offer if they miss out on LeBron and George.

« Reply #716 on: June 28, 2018, 01:38:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
LeBron is not leaving Cleveland if LA can't get at least two more star players.

I don’t think this is true.

« Reply #717 on: June 28, 2018, 01:42:56 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
LeBron is not leaving Cleveland if LA can't get at least two more star players.

I don’t think this is true.

Agree. Think James is gone no matter what.

Spurs beat writer says Leonard has no desire to sign deal
With Boston, therefore Boston not very interested in mortgage future for a quick foreclosure. He thinks spurs want Tatum and Brown

« Reply #718 on: June 28, 2018, 01:45:49 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Could the relationship between the Spurs and Kawhi be so bad, that Kawhi purposely floated the rumor of him wanting to play in LA to lower his trade value? If yes, is the rumor even true?

« Reply #719 on: June 28, 2018, 01:46:40 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Let's just take the whole Lakers core for Brown to really make things weird.

Brown, Smart, Hart to SA
Ingram, Kuzma, Ball to BOS (and we flip Ball for a late lottery pick?)
Leonard to LAL

Irving/ Rozier
Hayward/ Ingram
Tatum/ Morris
Horford/ Kuzma
Baynes/ Theis/ Williams

SAC1st, MEM1st, Ball1st

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 01:56:33 PM by byennie »