Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 121643 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #675 on: June 28, 2018, 11:45:30 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
WOJ BOOOOOOOMB

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 3m3 minutes ago
The Spurs are fully engaged in trade talks with several teams on Kawhi Leonard, including the Lakers and Celtics, league sources tell ESPN. Boston has long had the assets that the Spurs most covet in a potential Leonard trade.

Though the cynical part of me wonders if this is now San Antonio trying to drive up LA's offer.

To add to this Stein said the spurs are fully ready to move on from him.
I really don’t want to trade Kyrie.

I think the "coveted assets" are probably more like Tatum and the Sac 1st, maybe Brown. I don't think SA wants to try and build an elite team around Kyrie, LMA and the Island of Misfit Toys.

Fortunately I also think there's basically 0 chance of Danny giving up Tatum.  Probably little chance of both Brown and the Sac 1st.  But who knows really.  I keep feeling like there isn't fire behind the smoke but it's Danny.

« Reply #676 on: June 28, 2018, 11:49:33 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
This will be over by Monday. Just a prediction. Sorry but I'd give up Brown + for Kawhi. I just hope Lebron goes to LAL and if the rumors of Kawhi not wanting to be part of that circus then he can sign here. I just don't see how that can happen though with AL, Gordon and Kyrie also in the max situation. Would Danny have to let Kyrie go after the season? I'm sure this has been discussed but I surely missed out on the conversation.

« Reply #677 on: June 28, 2018, 11:49:44 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Brown
Sac pick
Marcus Morris

That would be my offer

« Reply #678 on: June 28, 2018, 11:51:25 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Brown
Sac pick
Marcus Morris

That would be my offer
For one year of Kawhi? No thanks
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #679 on: June 28, 2018, 11:52:19 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I would think San Antonio needs to infuse youth back in their organization. I could see Jaylen Brown, Rozier, and Boston's 4 first round picks next year (and obviously salary filler).

For me, Irving, Hayward, and Tatum are untradeable.

« Reply #680 on: June 28, 2018, 11:54:13 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I would think San Antonio needs to infuse youth back in their organization. I could see Jaylen Brown, Rozier, and Boston's 4 first round picks next year (and obviously salary filler).

RC Buford is really hoping that you’re Danny Ainge’s burner account.

« Reply #681 on: June 28, 2018, 11:58:59 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
What if several of these rumors are true?

- Spurs are intent on NOT trading him to the Lakers

- C's will NOT offer Tatum or Brown

Spurs realize that the C's won't budge unless they send out a narrative that they're fully engaged in trade discussions with the Lakers in hopes that the Ainge caves and gives up Brown.

I also don't think the Sixers are a real threat to get into these trade discussions. I do think the Spurs would value Saric, but I doubt they think highly of broken shot/brain Fultz, especially considering that they have a promising player (Murray) that they're developing. Plus, the Sixers don't have any high draft picks in upcoming drafts, unlike the C's who can dangle both the Kings and Grizzlies picks.

« Reply #682 on: June 28, 2018, 11:59:34 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Could you imagine what next season will be like if Danny gets Kawhi? Obviously, the preseason, regular season and playoffs will be unreal. It would be like the '07-08 season all over again. On the flip side, the anxiety of losing Irving and Kawhi the following season will be equally as awful.

« Reply #683 on: June 28, 2018, 12:00:47 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Think the spurs want picks

« Reply #684 on: June 28, 2018, 12:01:22 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

Unless you're a San Antonio fan, I can only imagine you don't realize that Kawhi his a free agent a year from now and has expressed his desire to go to LA.

« Reply #685 on: June 28, 2018, 12:05:19 PM »

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
WOJ BOOOOOOOMB

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 3m3 minutes ago
The Spurs are fully engaged in trade talks with several teams on Kawhi Leonard, including the Lakers and Celtics, league sources tell ESPN. Boston has long had the assets that the Spurs most covet in a potential Leonard trade.

Though the cynical part of me wonders if this is now San Antonio trying to drive up LA's offer.

Might just be parsing words here but the bolded portion could be critical here...

"has long had the assets" implies what exactly?  If you interpret that as more than one season, you can rule out a Kyrie trade or a Tatum trade (kind of obvious on Tatum, right?)

However it means picks and Brown / Rozier could be in play.

« Reply #686 on: June 28, 2018, 12:12:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
R-E-L-A-X guys. It's nothing.

Danny is just driving up Kawhi's price, and I'm for it!  8)

Just force the Lakers to trade Kuzma, Ingram, Randle + another asset  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #687 on: June 28, 2018, 12:17:32 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
WOJ BOOOOOOOMB

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 3m3 minutes ago

I think the "coveted assets" are probably more like Tatum and the Sac 1st, maybe Brown. I don't think SA wants to try and build an elite team around Kyrie, LMA and the Island of Misfit Toys.

Fortunately I also think there's basically 0 chance of Danny giving up Tatum.  Probably little chance of both Brown and the Sac 1st.  But who knows really.  I keep feeling like there isn't fire behind the smoke but it's Danny.

Well bleacher report also said that brown/Tatum and possibly the sac pick are untouchable, so I really don't know.

My speculation is sign and trade smart to make the salaries match better then you can part with Picks and a Rozier or Morris. I believe as this is to be like a 1 year rental (look at Paul George) there shouldn't be that many assets used for this trade. I don't think there was any picks in the PG trade. And victor was coming off a 16ppg year whilst kawhi is coming off a 9 game injury riddled season. I think this trade will end up being Far less than what ppl believe. 

« Reply #688 on: June 28, 2018, 12:17:45 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
What if several of these rumors are true?

- Spurs are intent on NOT trading him to the Lakers

- C's will NOT offer Tatum or Brown

Spurs realize that the C's won't budge unless they send out a narrative that they're fully engaged in trade discussions with the Lakers in hopes that the Ainge caves and gives up Brown.

I also don't think the Sixers are a real threat to get into these trade discussions. I do think the Spurs would value Saric, but I doubt they think highly of broken shot/brain Fultz, especially considering that they have a promising player (Murray) that they're developing. Plus, the Sixers don't have any high draft picks in upcoming drafts, unlike the C's who can dangle both the Kings and Grizzlies picks.

I don’t think that the Celtics will not offer Tatum or Brown can be very true if they are actually seriously pursuing Kawhi.  They need to send out approximately $15 million to get him before July 1st or $16 million after July 1st, or more if Kawhi does not waive his trade kicker.  For both to be true, there are two options:

1) Trade one of Horford (nope) Hayward (highly unlikely) or Irving (pretty unlikely)
2) Hope that you can work out a S&T with Smart where he makes a first year salary in the $14-16 million range, also sending out Morris and some combination of filler including Yabusele, Ojeleye, Theis, and Nader, while emptying the pick vault.  Not impossible, but it’s probably going to require San Antonio to pay a salary premium to Smart.

« Reply #689 on: June 28, 2018, 12:38:51 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
WOJ BOOOOOOOMB

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 3m3 minutes ago

I'll give up both Brown and SAC '19 (for starters) if I am assured that Kawhi Leonard will sign an extension. If Spurs demand BOTH Brown, Tatum, and SAC '19 though, goodbye I hang up the phone.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)